JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided to start this thread here rather than continue it in the 9mm one. This what I know or at least believe to be true about Hog Hunting in Oregon. First off there was a private exotic game hunting ranch in the Trout Creek/ Ashwood area of North Central Oregon that had Hogs that got loose or were set free when they quit the business. The BLM over there hunted them out with Helicopters. At the time I was working for the Coos Bay District and called over to the Prineville office hoping I could do a ground hunt and harvest some ham on the hoof. I was told an emphatic NO. I doubt they got them all so there might be a few in that area but they are considered an invasive species so can be hunted any way with no bag limit so any left are probably pretty hard to find.
Next there were rumors that there were a few Hogs generally between Powers and Agnes but I never saw any sighs of them or heard of any. I have talked with a couple Indian hunters and they told me believe they have all been killed with them not seeing any sign on their lands either.
There might be some around the south end of Hwy 199 and I only say that because not very far into Northern California you can go on guided Hog hunts.
Lastly I know when I was in the Guard we had to watch out for the wild hogs on Hunter Legette because there were lots of them and they could be mean.

I don't want hogs in Oregon. They are a menace and destructive to crops and fences. They destroy many ground nesting birds.
If you want to do a hog hunt, go down to Texas and do one...enjoy the weather and the local food. Keep wild hogs out of Oregon.

They get out of control fast, for sure.

Sure would like to do some hog hunting without having to travel.

Can't have the cake and eat it too, I guess :(

I grew up in South Texas and used to hunt Javelina on a family friend's farm pretty regularly. It was a blast, but even with our group taking 10-20 at a time, there was no keeping them in check.

As fun as it was, I wouldn't want to see them in Oregon.

200 IS 200 too many. They are bad news for riperian areas and will out compete and outbreed populations of native species. Kill em all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top