JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We'll be in Yoojeen late Sunday afternoon, and staying with friends [yes, we have friends]. As ever, I have a shopping list of stuff to take back for the less fortunate, starting with a set each of RCBS dies in .308Win and .223Rem, followed up by a front sight blade for a Kar98.

Best places to get any of this modern stuff would be much appreciated, unless, of course, my own local store in Yoojeen makes good deals. We DO travel around, from Gold Beach/Ashland up to Astoria and places between, so don't be coy with your recommendations.

Best to all there.

tac, mrs tac and the family ig :)

Last Edited:
Enjoy your stay.
Great time of the year to visit the PNW, as you well know.
If you post a list of your "wants" I'm sure that the members here will help you out.

In the meantime, I'll notify local law enforcement that you will be in-country.

:D

If you see this guy tailing you, try to act normal (as in try to keep from chuckling).
Barney Fife.jpg

Sportsmans warehouse in Hillsboro has good prices on reloading stuff. There's a Cabelas on eugene which has pretty good stock.

I think you might want to buy from midway USA or brownells on line and have it shipped to your friends. What you list is pretty common but for less popular items you might only find them on line. The 38win will be hard to find. The front sight blade you need to order unless someone here in the group has one.

There is a really good mauser gunsmith in forest grove I believe.

I would love to buy you a beer or cider if you come up PDX way.

Have a great trip in any event.

Welcome back to the States, amigo. Beware of ITAR, but enjoy your stay!

--DB, who other than State Dept. and WA DOL being dickless douchebags would share the range and toys with ya anytime

Sportsmans warehouse in Hillsboro has good prices on reloading stuff. There's a Cabelas on eugene which has pretty good stock.

I think you might want to buy from midway USA or brownells on line and have it shipped to your friends. What you list is pretty common but for less popular items you might only find them on line. The 38win will be hard to find. The front sight blade you need to order unless someone here in the group has one.

There is a really good mauser gunsmith in forest grove I believe.

I would love to buy you a beer or cider if you come up PDX way.

Have a great trip in any event.

Doh. .308Win. Fumber fingle.

Me, I like a walk-in store where I can chin-flap with the guys/gals on the other side of the counter. Call me old-fashioned like that.

As I noted, we have some great places in Yoojeen, and my all-time favourite down in Gold Beach...he knows who he is, and some of you might, too.

We'll be spending a few days around PDX, just don't know when, as a pal is moving down to Ashland some time, and might need some moral support.

Best I just post my as-and-whens here, OK?

Best to all.

I like jaw flapping as well but there's some things stores just don't carry. I guess I do my research with the other shooters in my discipline then just go and buy.

Post when you're around. I know you won't buy a drink or a bite whilst your here.

Got a Bi-Mart card many years syne, thanks. My current pants are held up with a fine-looking belt I bought in Yoojeen about ten years back. Still belts just fine.

I'll be hitting the local stores first tho'.

We are SOOOOOO looking forward to just being there, know what I mean? I usually sit out on the deck for a few hours and just wonder at it all...

upload_2017-6-6_16-12-27.png

That's the deck I finished last year, BTW.

tac

Got a Bi-Mart card many years syne, thanks. My current pants are held up with a fine-looking belt I bought in Yoojeen about ten years back. Still belts just fine.

I'll be hitting the local stores first tho'.

We are SOOOOOO looking forward to just being there, know what I mean? I usually sit out on the deck for a few hours and just wonder at it all...

View attachment 368263

That's the deck I finished last year, BTW.

tac
Nice pic !
Good time of the season for the deer.
Lots of gardens to raid.

:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA