JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Favorites are:
Footlong mustard and relish
Footlong Coney with onions and NO MUSTARD (ruins the secret Coney Sauce)
And fries....best fries anywhere

Someday I need to crack that secret code.

I like to grab some Roake's and head down to Clackamette Park to watch the fishin' goin's on while I munch.
Lots of shad fisherman right now.

Ha..We do the same thing at least once a week..probably saw you without knowing it. Understandable about the shad, there's an 800 lb. sea lion who hangs out around Meldrum Bar who gets first pick.

@tac

Black Bear is a chain, you knew that right? All over. Not terribly far from my house - in Washington County.

If you get to Forest Grove, I just ate at the English Pub there. Some wanky accents. Bangars, Mash, Darts. Even Sausage Rolls (which why are those not a thing in the USA?)
The King's Head Pub - Forest Grove, OR

I do recommend Scotties in FG - burgers, traditional drive in.

Or the Grand Lodge.

I also heard at Kings Head, as they serve it, there is a local, made in FG, Vodka. I just can't recall the name ... I think it's:

D.L. Franklin Vodka / dogwooddistilling

Don't eat English stuff much, us. Never been a fan of roast veg and three of beef the way the Brits do it. Steak and ale pie in the Vaults in Chester - mrs tac's home town - are the best in the known universe, and Fish & chips are good, but not as good a the menu in Crazies down in PO. The world's best lemon maringue pie can be found in the White Swan hotel restaurant just outside Arundel, but it's a long way to go...

My cousin Alan in ON grows Charolais beef - we have to make do with that when we are back home. Bangers and mash is about as English food as we get.

I'm happy with food we find in OR, s'long as there is either Tillamook or Umpqua ice-cream, we're good.

tac

My grandmother from Clare made the best lemon meringue pie that I ever had.
Did not know that the idea might have come from her time in the old country.

I very much doubt it, unless she worked for or perhaps was one of the gentry - depending on when we are talking about. Eggs is local - lemons were not, and VERY expensive.

tac

My dad's family were too poor to be poverty-stricken. You have to have a certain amount of nothing to be poverty-stricken, and they didn't even have that much.

My dad used to share a pair of shoes with his brother, and they used to take turns hopping to school on alternate feet to save leather. They also met up at school every other day and took turns coming back home - again, a common leather-saving feature of life in rural Ireland at the time.

tac

"Dip in the dip and save the mait for ya fatha."
That is a saying that I heard many times in my youth.
Not so much for us, but just a saying that came over with my grandparents.

Although, in a way it was for us kids.....let's appreciate what we have here.

For the same reason that folks spell Oregon as 'Orgun' and folks spell Florence as 'Florntz'.

Does it offend you?

Please, if it does, ignore it.

There are much bigger issues around to get your PIAW.

tac

PS - not sure where all this leprechaun stuff is coming from, mind. I'm only half Irish.

Heck he's just spelling it like it sounds, and having a little fun.
Don't spoil it, sort of like yoo toob don'tcha know. LOL
Gabby

Ah, Yoo CHOOB....gotcha. ;)

We do the very same thing up in the GWN, with Albirda, Tronna, Saskatoon, Calegerry, BeeCee and so on...

tac, pronouncicated Aloysius

Oh you Mean Al O ish he us, or is it A loy see us?
The spelling sure doesn't look like it sounds.
Had a friend by that name but it took quite a while to find it out as he went by his initials. A.C. sounded so much better.
I couldn't say that I blamed him.
I only use my middle name when required on official correspondence otherwise I just use the initial.
No I'm not going to tell you what it is! :eek:
Gabby

tac,
If you find your way out to Gresham there is a Black Bear there on Burnside and another just opened in Wilsonville. Have eaten at a few of them traveling through Cali. Good stuff!!

I usually head up in late August for my Mom's birthday, and then in December for the Holidays- I wish I could go up in June/July when it's really nice. And of course, without fail, I bring up my favorite fireams to go shoot with my buddies. Bi-Mart, Cabela's, Sportsmans and some local FFL's in Keizer/Salem always get my business.

Geno

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads