JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see your conjecture and raise mine. I'm pretty sure people have been killed at gun ranges too (re: comic above).

-Alright, show me where a CHL has prevented or helped stop a gun-wielding felon from killing someone
-I'd also wage the lot of you have no kind of training and would probably put everyone at worse risk in a gunfight on school grounds
-Since we're all making guesses here, I'll bet the majority of you have any kids in school

So I guess you can't present even one incident where there has been a problem at a school from a concealed carry? You need to stop dealing in feel good emotions and start living in a world of facts and reality.

Yes as a matter of fact I do and I've carried everday dropping off and picking up the kids from school since kindergarten through H.S.

-Since it's legal to carry medical marijuana in some cases, it would be ok to bring that to school?

That question is outside the scope of the second amendment and is just a diversion.

Keep your guns away from our kids' schools. Don't need 'em. See you at the range.

I'll have to say no I will retain my legal right to carry where ever the law allows. See the problem with people like you is that you can't just be happy with making your own choices you feel you need to make my choice for me too. I say no to you sir, you will not dictate my rights to me.

Ha! So cute, when people get riled up for me having my opinions. Name calling, chest beating, downright hostile. This is the reason why I don't want you guys near my kids; you scare me. Real classy.

Lovely, I'm glad you served, but my buddies who did don't wave it around like some kind of entitled badge.

Do you wanna kill me or something?
Boy, sure sounds like you want to put the hurt on anyone who doesn't agree with your viewpoint. I pay my mortgage, volunteer, belong to the NRA and have never been a felon or done anything felony-like. How about maybe understanding someone else's viewpoint, focusing on the bad guys instead?

As for someone getting killed at the range; it sucks but it happens:
YouTube - ‪Woman Kills Son, Self at Gun Range‬‏
YouTube - ‪OCSO: Man Killed Woman, Shot Self At Gun Range‬‏
Guys like you are the bad guy when it comes to retaining our gun rights. Guys like you are ready to bargain away our gun rights on a basis of emotion not on facts.

I honestly don't believe you are a gun person I beleive you are a trolling anti-gunner. This is just opinion but everything you post is anti-gun rights so some times a rose is simply a rose.

You are of course welcome to your opinion but I really don't think you're fooling anyone or getting anyone riled up if that is your aim. Guys like you only help us pro-gunners hone our debate skills! :s0155:

They're not loaded; they're double-locked, only for target practice fire, never for self-defense.

If you aren't sure you would protect yourself, family and others in a self-defense moment, and do your absolute best not to hurt innocents, then you are better off keeping your guns in the safe unloaded. However, speaking as a parent of two still in school, if a Columbine goes down, I would want a CHL person who is on the spot and willing to help, take that good shot, if available. Who knows if an idiot, mental case or criminal takes out my kid while police set up a perimeter?

I used to have your view. So I understand it. I just don't believe in passive resistance, when active resistance to evil is an option.

Trism,

Do you see my guns? In my picture? You can generalize all you want, but I'm hardly the bad guy. Go shoot the drug addict criminal, not me nor my kids, please. All I ask.

Let's just agree that you'll never see my point of view, and yeah, I can say keep 'em away, but I can't forcibly make you do it. You can tell me all you want how much of a traitor/girl/whatever I am you want, but you're still wrong.

So stop crying already. Carry your guns, and ignore me. Why so hard?

Trism,

Do you see my guns? In my picture? You can generalize all you want, but I'm hardly the bad guy. Go shoot the drug addict criminal, not me nor my kids, please. All I ask.

That is just and emotional statement, I've shot neither drug addicts nor kids in all my years of carrying and I hope I never shoot anyone.

Let's just agree that you'll never see my point of view, and yeah, I can say keep 'em away, but I can't forcibly make you do it. You can tell me all you want how much of a traitor/girl/whatever I am you want, but you're still wrong.

So stop crying already. Carry your guns, and ignore me. Why so hard?

When you put out an opinion on a forum you open yourself to a counter point so don't be hating on us or labeling us if we challenge your argument.

/leaves thread

No, a Homonym. :s0112::s0114::s0112:

leaves2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm conflicted. I agree with the right to bear arms. However, I have a CHL and agree with not having firearms legal in my kids' schools.

My kids' safety > gun rights

Screw that big time.

I see your conjecture and raise mine. I'm pretty sure people have been killed at gun ranges too (re: comic above).

-Alright, show me where a CHL has prevented or helped stop a gun-wielding felon from killing someone
-I'd also wage the lot of you have no kind of training and would probably put everyone at worse risk in a gunfight on school grounds
-Since we're all making guesses here, I'll bet the majority of you have any kids in school
-Since it's legal to carry medical marijuana in some cases, it would be ok to bring that to school?

Keep your guns away from our kids' schools. Don't need 'em. See you at the range.

Guns and people are dangerous, no matter how law-abiding they may be, is my point. People are ready to lynch me here for a differing viewpoint, and THAT scares me ALMOST more than criminals. Almost, but not quite.

Mmkay, Reggie, meet the kettle. Do you actually know any women, or do you just make assumptions and generalizations?

They're not loaded; they're double-locked, only for target practice fire, never for self-defense.

Sure is alot of double talk going on in this thread. Have a CHL but wont use firearms for self defense (why the CHL then?), no one here with a CHL has any real training (that would be you), if guns and people are so dangerous why do you have any?, I see maybe why you have a gun if a few people on an internet sight scare you by having a difference of opinion and as far as generalizing and assumptions, you have that one mastered.

Trism,

Do you see my guns? In my picture? You can generalize all you want, but I'm hardly the bad guy. Go shoot the drug addict criminal, not me nor my kids, please. All I ask?

What if that "drug addict criminal" happens to be threatening the life of you or your children on the very same school grounds that you feel we law-abiding CHL holders should be forbidden from carrying on?

I get that you love your children and want to keep them safe. But the only people who will obey the law and voluntarily disarm themselves prior to setting foot on school property are the people who pose no threat to you or your children in the first place.

There are other options for self defense than going straight to firearms.

Correct. You can run, or you can beg for your life. Didnt work too well at Columbine or Virginia Tech, though. Maybe they needed to make the "no guns allowed" signs on the doors a little bit larger or easier to read.

Your vernacular gives you away just as surely as if we could see your expression and read your body language. You are either a poser or a troll and I believe the purpose of your argument here is to stir us up and separate us. You can see that we are a fairly consistent bunch here when it comes to our rights and you have seen it in every thread you've posted a contrary belief in.

Your unity in vileness towards anyone who contradicts your belief is noted.

You all want me gone, OK, I'll refrain (note I did not say, 'stop', sorry-- ha!) from posting in legal/political threads. Obviously, I should've taken my own advice and not continue to post, since it only opens me up to attack, and lack of real, non-vituperative discussion (so far, only two level-headed responses without ad hominem and conjecture), even from a moderator. My bad!

You can believe what you want: I'm a troll, someone who is not trained or qualified to use a handgun (right), and just a little itty bitty underage nerd (woman, I guess, according to more-manly-man Reggie). Yes, I knew you'd ask why I have a CHL, and is that any of your business? I only brought it up because Reggie here thought I'd never even been near a gun, or others don't believe my support for 2A. Uh huh. False.

Whatever. You win, take your guns to my schools and hopefully you'll shoot all those violent criminals with amazing pinpoint accuracy curving shots around kids' heads. You know, because that's where all the bad guys hang out.

Your unity in vileness towards anyone who contradicts your belief is noted.

You all want me gone, OK, I'll refrain (note I did not say, 'stop', sorry-- ha!) from posting in legal/political threads. Obviously, I should've taken my own advice and not continue to post, since it only opens me up to attack, and lack of real, non-vituperative discussion (so far, only two level-headed responses without ad hominem and conjecture), even from a moderator. My bad!

You can believe what you want: I'm a troll, someone who is not trained or qualified to use a handgun (right), and just a little itty bitty underage nerd (woman, I guess, according to more-manly-man Reggie). Yes, I knew you'd ask why I have a CHL, and is that any of your business? I only brought it up because Reggie here thought I'd never even been near a gun, or others don't believe my support for 2A. Uh huh. False.

Whatever. You win, take your guns to my schools and hopefully you'll shoot all those violent criminals with amazing pinpoint accuracy curving shots around kids' heads. You know, because that's where all the bad guys hang out.

Yawn.....

I don't want you gone.

Yawn.....

I don't want you gone.

Ditto... please don't stop posting in this forum, but I suggest you present any "opposing view" with more substative matter other than, "you scare me" and "keep your guns out of our schools, we don't need 'em". Its not like we CHL parents HANG OUT at the schools waiting for something to happen, I only go into the place when I have business there, or a kids' concert or something.

Your unity in vileness towards anyone who contradicts your belief is noted. You all want me gone, OK, I'll refrain (note I did not say, 'stop', sorry-- ha!) from posting in legal/political threads. Obviously, I should've taken my own advice and not continue to post, since it only opens me up to attack, and lack of real, non-vituperative discussion (so far, only two level-headed responses without ad hominem and conjecture), even from a moderator. My bad!

My perceived "vileness" towards your STANCE (not you personally) on this issue is the same towards "faith healers" letting their children suffer and even tragically die, HOPING things will be alright in the end... just like HOPING the predators out there will observe and obey some piece of legislation written on a piece of paper in Salem to not take a gun(s) into a school and shoot the place up. IMHO there is no difference between your stance on THIS ISSUE and "faith healers"... tragically its analogous in the end result.

Oregon State Senator Virginia "Ginny" Burdick thinks its anyone's business to know that you have a CHL and wants it open information for anyone to look up. She's also the one behind this LAME ammendment tactic that's up before committe.

C'mon, EVERY SINGLE CHL holder KNOWS that he/she is LEGALLY/MORALLY RESPONSIBLE for EVERY SIGLE ROUND that they would fire. If you can't take a clean shot, you don't shoot... period.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top