JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Governor, AG Hold SECRET MEETINGS With Gun Grabbers

April 3, 2016 by Michael Strickland 19 Comments

<broken link removed>
From L to R: Governor Kate Brown, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick

It's been a busy week, apparently, for Oregon's top elected morons. As they struggle to come up with new ways to enact gun control, Governor Kate Brown, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, and senate majority leader Ginny Burdick have apparently been meeting with anti gun organizations behind closed doors, away from the public eye, with no announcement or invitation for anyone else to participate.

http://www.progressivestoday.com/oregon-governor-ag-hold-secret-meetings-gun-grabbers/

Denis Theriault of the Oregonian reports:

BrownRosenblumBurdick.jpg

If Conservative politicians conducted business in this manner the left would be screaming bloody murder. These shills know they have to be sneaky, underhanded and lying to push through their agendas. If they were truly honest and above board, and they represent all the people as they SAY they do, this kind of thing wouldn't even be happening.

Listen, the corruption in Salem reminds me of living back in New England, where much of the politics was mafia controlled...

Here it's slightly different, it's leftist, LGBT controlled... The good moral citizens of Oregon need to send a clear message of "Homey don't play that", and clear the stench out of the state capital in Salem.

Once they're removed, a complete disinfecting will be required. Sickens me to even see Brown and Rosenblum... Blah!!!!

Others, that turn my stomach: Burdick, Hoyle, Prozanski... They all need to be cleaned out.

Oregon needs balance in Salem, without that, it'll just become another liberal sh!thole like California...

Sorry, feeling kinda foul now that I feel nauseous...

Oregon Governor, AG Hold SECRET MEETINGS With Gun Grabbers

April 3, 2016 by Michael Strickland 19 Comments

<broken link removed>
From L to R: Governor Kate Brown, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick

It's been a busy week, apparently, for Oregon's top elected morons. As they struggle to come up with new ways to enact gun control, Governor Kate Brown, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, and senate majority leader Ginny Burdick have apparently been meeting with anti gun organizations behind closed doors, away from the public eye, with no announcement or invitation for anyone else to participate.

http://www.progressivestoday.com/oregon-governor-ag-hold-secret-meetings-gun-grabbers/

Denis Theriault of the Oregonian reports:

How on earth is this not a violation of Oregon's Open Meetings Law?? if any two or more public officials meet to plan and discuss public policy and official business, that meeting has to be done publicly, and the public allowed to attend.

Ironically, the Attorney General herself is responsible for enforcing Oregon's Open Meetings Laws! Take a look:

http://www.doj.state.or.us/public_records/pages/index.aspx

Is the Fox guarding the henhouse, when it comes to obeying Oregon's laws???

This would appear to be a serious flaunting of the law by the highest officials of our state.

Three very scary peas in a pod! The good people of Oregon have to get their heads out of their behinds and think before they vote!

Our one and only chance of stopping a tsunami of new "common sense" gun control legislation next year is to get the NO FAKE EMERGENCIES initiative on the ballot. If the Democrats could be blocked from further abusing the emergency clause in the state constitution, then the people would have the opportunity to vote on approving any new legislation.

Without this initiative, though, we are doomed to new laws being past next year. And I see no evidence that this initiative is even going to qualify to get on the November ballot.

Face it: Oregon's gun rights groups are pathetic. And the NRA is impotent. There is no effective organized effort in Oregon to preserve gun rights in our state.

And Bloomberg has our state in his sights.

Well, if the Oregon Secretary of State is responsible for validating the signatures and ensuring the "No Fake Emergencies" initiative appears on the November ballot, then we are screwed...

Perhaps the FBI and DOJ should be investigating the goings on in Salem... We have a bit of corruption going on there...

Remember, there's always Plan B, a forced removal from the Capital...

Joe Stalin said it best "The only real power comes out of a long rifle"

We have one chance to hold them at bay - either every gun owner that gives a sh!t about their rights votes pro-gun this November above every other political concern, or we'll be fighting over who can buy the most 10-round mags for our NY/CA style AR's. This election it IS that important. I hope folks will keep that in mind. Too few voters voted to support gun rights by electing pro-gun folks in 2014 and we got SB941. That is only the beginning. If they retain the majority in the house and senate, and presumably the Governor and Sec. of State races, we won't be able to stop them - at all. They will walk over us and short of rebellion, we'll either have to comply or become criminals.

VOTE PRO GUN IN 2016!!!

How on earth is this not a violation of Oregon's Open Meetings Law??

I keep telling you guys, laws are for the peons, not the rulers. For some reason you don't seem to be hearing this.

we'll be fighting over who can buy the most 10-round mags for our NY/CA style AR's

This is extremely doubtful. The 10-round magazine had its heyday back in 1994 IIRC, and has gone nowhere since. Anyway, what is a black market for? No one with even an ounce of determination need restrict himself to a 10-round mag. What we do need to get people used to, is civil disobedience. That is much more reliable than worrying about which slimeball is in power.

This is extremely doubtful. The 10-round magazine had its heyday back in 1994 IIRC, and has gone nowhere since. Anyway, what is a black market for? No one with even an ounce of determination need restrict himself to a 10-round mag. What we do need to get people used to, is civil disobedience. That is much more reliable than worrying about which slimeball is in power.

I think you sometimes miss the point of sarcasm and hyperbole.

And, not everyone is prepared to become a criminal to make a point. Maybe when more folks who like to talk about ignoring the laws decide to publicly do it, maybe then it will encourage more to follow.

Until then, those who still believe that we have a chance to work within the government via the vote, should do what they can to stand for their rights.

Well I forwarded it to OPB news and asked if they had wind of it yet. i know they are just another lib organization but it could at least get looked into.
Are there any news organizations that might actualy go after this story?

Our one and only chance of stopping a tsunami of new "common sense" gun control legislation next year is to get the NO FAKE EMERGENCIES initiative on the ballot. If the Democrats could be blocked from further abusing the emergency clause in the state constitution, then the people would have the opportunity to vote on approving any new legislation.

Without this initiative, though, we are doomed to new laws being past next year. And I see no evidence that this initiative is even going to qualify to get on the November ballot.

Face it: Oregon's gun rights groups are pathetic. And the NRA is impotent. There is no effective organized effort in Oregon to preserve gun rights in our state.

And Bloomberg has our state in his sights.

You, sir, are spot on. I really think we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot much like the republican party following the nominee apparent "The Donald." Instead of uniting behind him they are scattering the party. Here in Oregon, we simply don't get out and vote. Anti-gunners (I have plenty in my family) seem to think this is OK. The anti's haven't come after anything they hold sacred. Does "I'm not Jewish so I don't have anything to worry about" sound familiar?

You, sir, are spot on. I really think we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot much like the republican party following the nominee apparent "The Donald." Instead of uniting behind him they are scattering the party. Here in Oregon, we simply don't get out and vote. Anti-gunners (I have plenty in my family) seem to think this is OK. The anti's haven't come after anything they hold sacred. Does "I'm not Jewish so I don't have anything to worry about" sound familiar?

No, I'm afraid that you missed my main point.

Compared to the Anti-Gun folks, Oregon's gun owners are totally disorganized and in disarray. This meeting described in this news report further proves that. These Anti-Gun groups have become so big and influential, that they can actually get our state's top leaders to sit down with them to strategize and plan. These people are working day and night to further their agenda of gun control.

We don't have any effective organizations fighting for gun rights here in Oregon. They are clearly incompetent. The one and ONLY way to stop new laws coming next year is not to get out and vote, but to get the NO FAKE EMERGENCIES initiative on the ballot, so that this abuse of Oregon's Constitution is stopped. Oregon's Constitution gives the people the right to review new laws. This was meant to be a check and balance on the power of the state legislature.

Read:

Article IV

Section 1

3(a): The people reserve to themselves the referendum power, which is to approve or reject at an election any Act, or part thereof, of the Legislative Assembly that does not become effective earlier than 90 days after the end of the session at which the Act is passed.

If these bills could be put to a vote, we would have a chance to defeat them. Instead, the Democrats abuse our state constitution, by using the Emergency Clause as a loophole to get around the right of the people to approve or reject new laws by referendum.

The people of Oregon are acting like sheep. The legislature has taken one of our fundamental rights guaranteed in our state constitution, and no one even cares. Not even the so-called gun rights groups.

From what I can tell, the NO FAKE EMERGENCIES initiative appears to be failing. No significant resources were put into getting it enough signatures so that it could qualify to be on the November ballot.

So the only opportunity that Oregon's gun owners had to give us a chance in fighting all of this, has been totally blown.

Compared to the organization, planning, and financing the Anti-Gun folks have, we are worse than rank amateurs. The gun owners of Oregon are being made to look like monkeys.

We should all run off into the Jungle and start eating bananas:

Monkey-Eating-BananaAA.jpg

And, not everyone is prepared to become a criminal to make a point. Maybe when more folks who like to talk about ignoring the laws decide to publicly do it, maybe then it will encourage more to follow.

Well, to disobey is not the same thing as becoming a criminal. And to disobey is usually not done to "make a point", but simply to live one's life.

Needless to say, if one is going to disobey, it's often not a good idea to publicize that fact. The last thing the rulers will tolerate is in-their-face disobedience. This explains why people rarely talk about it.

But even that danger is exaggerated. Oregon has a homeschooling law (made legal as a result of disobedience, by the way) that requires homeschoolers to register with the state and subject their children to state testing. On the thousand-member homeschool email list that I used to follow, newbies were always asking what they needed to do to get right with the authorities. My response was invariably, "Why bother?" Oregon has a large and healthy population of noncompliant homeschoolers, and while the compliant ones on the list often expressed the wish they hadn't complied, no noncompliant homeschooler ever expressed the wish she had. Did I worry my public suggestion that children are the responsibility of their parents, and not of the state, might induce a visit from some social worker with a cop? Not very much. I made it clear I would not tolerate any bubblegum messing with my family. I suppose the last thing a bureaucrat needs is to tangle with an irate and armed citizen; after all they are out for an easy job and a fat retirement with no worries. Anyway, I never got that visit, and my son is now an adult, having never seen the inside of a government school or been tested to make sure I was homeschooling the way the education establishment wants.

Another episode I remember reading about was a small town in Wyoming; the "city fathers" were irritated that an individual openly carried his gun (something that was and remains perfectly legal in Wyoming, and not all that uncommon). They apparently got a cop to confront him. The guy told the cop to go ahead and draw his gun and they would see what happens. The cop wisely declined, and decided not to do what the city fathers put him up to any more.

I used to think like you do. After all, the law is the law and one simply must obey it, right? But then I became aware of people who did not think like this, and they were not living their lives in jail either. It turns out not to be true (with of course, some room for common sense and discretion), and in fact civilized behavior and human decency often depends on people having the determination not to obey at times.

It gets easier as you get older. One of the few benefits of age, is that you don't have to put up with crap any more.

"I became convinced that noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good." - Martin Luther King

Thoreau's Civil Disobedience:
<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR