JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
note the time line for major routes to be reopened (YEARS (1-5) in some cases). Do you live in those areas? How do you evacuate, get food, medicine?

That just concerns the transportation infrastructure. You have to have access via that infrastructure to repair utilities to allow distribution and manufacturing to resume.

Life simply will not be the same for many years if any of that occurs and that is truly SHTF. The environmental damage will beget the civil insurrection soon to follow.

It talks about Bend Redmond where all the Portland and Salem refugees will head:eek::eek:
Says that area will become the new Salem and Portland!

Sorry guys:( I don't think you all will get along so well together. Bendlandia???

That just concerns the transportation infrastructure. You have to have access via that infrastructure to repair utilities to allow distribution and manufacturing to resume.

Life simply will not be the same for many years if any of that occurs and that is truly SHTF. The environmental damage will beget the civil insurrection soon to follow.

True.....how very true. For those who were unable to watch: The seismic engineers staring on this program were excellent. Our Orygun seismic standards are at best, minimal.

As an example, our current seismic standards for bridges only suggest the bridges will survive a CSZ M9 quake, "but will not be usable" after the quake.

Also included in the program was our only (1) storage depot in all of Orygun for fuel (gasoline/diesel). It is located at the mouth of the Columbia River, built on the worst type of soil. Liquefaction is expected to collapse 90 to 95 percent of the tank farms there. Many of the tanks are 100 years old. Ask yourself, how does one rebuild anything without energy to move debris, collapsed overpasses, etc.

Can our government get anything right?

Foreverlost,

It is being streamed from the opbs website if you haven't but still want to watch it.

As good as the info was - I found it very lacking overall. If I lived in seaside I might be in a panic, but very little was covered on Portland proper other then they are years behind being ready for this.

I read a lot on here about the 'bridges collapsing' and the roads etc.
Without water,how will they put out fires? I'm guessing Portland is as old as Seattle,so some of the water lines are almost as old as the city.They will break,lowering the pressure to any newer lines that survived to a trickle.Not fire pressure.
Then the natural gas leaking everywhere and the power lines laying around.
Now I have never dug around down there so I don't know the soil,but I have worked around Puyallup and Auburn ,that sit on river beds.You have 3 rivers cutting thru the area?
Someone already mentioned 'liquification' of the soil.
Can our government get anything right?
Well,we the people,want convenience. Like water,electricity,GAS for cars,natural gas for heat .
We DEMAND these things.So the government is going to appease us as much as posible by giveing out permits to make these things available
They did the job WE demanded they do. You get too much growth too fast and some permits are give that shouldn't be given.
Not just the governments fault as it is the people who wanted the conveniences

Even if you are out of the immediate danger zone, your ability to travel and get supplies will be heavily impacted. The flow of refugees will overwhelm all ability to provide for their needs, in effect causing a widening of the initial disaster. ALL resources will be diverted to the population centers of Portland and Seattle. You and your property may have been far enough away to have made it through the quake intact but unless you have all the supplies you need for potentially a long, long time you'll end up being just another refugee.

Southern Oregon, Central Oregon and Central Washington will likely ride out the quake just to end up being worse off than the coastal areas simply because you wouldn't be capable of delivering enough food, meds, and supplies into these areas even if their infrastructure was left standing.

The Japan quake happened in the middle of winter, the Central OR & WA climates are just a wee bit different than the "Keep it Weird" crowd are used to. Snow and ice often shut down travel to the very regions they are talking about using as refugee camps. For some reason the image of the German army at the siege of Stalingrad comes to mind.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top