JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a denier but ju$t what are they propo$ing?? I'm on board with any new structures being built to a higher standard. Maybe even insuring the gas to homes is up to scratch with central line cut-offs or whatever. Maybe even looking at Key bridges being overhauled but.......

I think we, the tax payers are being buttered up for something. They smell money.

Don't know about your locale, but here we've been hearing about Public Buildings that need Seismic reinforcing asap that would cost more than a whole new building etc.

Call me a skeptic but I don't trust them.

BTW, how exactly are you all strapping in your water heaters??

And then we have retro fitting of homes being properly attached to foundations.
Where can I invest in companies that do this?

Not joking, people with skills ambition and credentials are going to get rich!

Seismic retro fit is in vogue, strike while the Iron is hot.

If'n I remember, will watch this. Orygun has never been to this rodeo, ain't gonna be pretty. The 50 year resilience plan and a document found during a search for earthquake data on ODOT's web site forecast a bad omen. For years Linda Cook, Lame County's emergency manager, blew off that data. In her yearly bubblegum BS, Lame County might loose only one bridge!

Any one still left with gray matter between the ears had better prep for at least months. Bottom line, there will be areas never to be rebuilt in our life times.

Foreverlost,

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...lights-oregons-shaky-infrastructure/32558137/

And those estimates, as quoted in the article, do not include bringing the bridges into earthquake compliance. I think Oregon (and many other states) have been doing a piss poor job at maintaining their own infrastructure, let alone preparing for natural disasters.

It may be time for several states to suck it up and figure out how to fix our stuff before it breaks, and that won't include the earthquake updates.

. I think Oregon (and many other states) have been doing a piss poor job at maintaining their own infrastructure, let alone preparing for natural disasters.

It may be time for several states to suck it up and figure out how to fix our stuff before it breaks, and that won't include the earthquake updates.

Good luck with that. If you can get them to stop spending money on Cadillac health care and PERS retirement plans you might actually be able to put money towards the things it was intended for instead of lining the fiefdoms of the government employees for whom the state is managed, sure as hell is not the peoples needs.

Thanks for the update on this or I would have missed it.

Need all the "ammo" I can get to help me convince my wife that I am not some kind of zelot or extremist.

She lets me do my prepping thing alone but at least doesnt complain.

Not a denier but ju$t what are they propo$ing?? I'm on board with any new structures being built to a higher standard. Maybe even insuring the gas to homes is up to scratch with central line cut-offs or whatever. Maybe even looking at Key bridges being overhauled but.......

I think we, the tax payers are being buttered up for something. They smell money.

Don't know about your locale, but here we've been hearing about Public Buildings that need Seismic reinforcing asap that would cost more than a whole new building etc.

Call me a skeptic but I don't trust them.

BTW, how exactly are you all strapping in your water heaters??
I would gander that 'I'm on board with any new structures being built to a higher standard.'
is exactly what they are looking for.
Tell the folks how unsafe the region is and get some grants to do a bunch of work that may never be needed
Sounds like a Democratic and Union plan to me

Took a look for the file from ODOT which was downloaded a while back. Tried to upload the pdf file, but it isn't a permitted type?

So.....do a google for Oregon Highway Seismic Opinions Report. One should be able to find a 4.4MB file. Download & read. On that document's pages 59-60..............................
note the time line for major routes to be reopened (YEARS (1-5) in some cases). Do you live in those areas? How do you evacuate, get food, medicine?

For more viewing enjoyment change the google search.....substitute Hospital for Highway. This deals more coastal issues.

Talking with two of my elderly neighbors, they are left with ONE day supply of prescribed medicine before it can be refilled. Orygun is not ready, not even close.

The recent article in the NYTimes about the CSZ brought this disaster into full view. Our stupid leaders could no longer dismiss the quake. Way back in 2005 our beloved Congressman Peter DisfatsEo was questioned about this subject. We received no reply from Peter, he refused to talk about it!

By the way, watched the flick yesterday evening, gud info!

Last Edited:
Took a look for the file from ODOT which was downloaded a while back. Tried to upload the pdf file, but it isn't a permitted type?

So.....do a google for Oregon Highway Seismic Opinions Report. One should be able to find a 4.4MB file. Download & read. On that document's pages 59-60..............................
note the time line for major routes to be reopened (YEARS (1-5) in some cases). Do you live in those areas? How do you evacuate, get food, medicine?

For more viewing enjoyment change the google search.....substitute Hospital for Highway. This deals more coastal issues.

Talking with two of my elderly neighbors, they are left with ONE day supply of prescribed medicine before it can be refilled. Orygun is not ready, not even close.

The recent article in the NYTimes about the CSZ brought this disaster into full view. Our stupid leaders could no longer dismiss the quake. Way back in 2005 our beloved Congressman Peter DisfatsEo was questioned about this subject. We received no reply from Peter, he refused to talk about it!

By the way, watch the flick yesterday evening, gud info!
Missed the show. How did Eugene Springfield's damage/survivability predictions work out?

Missed the show. How did Eugene Springfield's damage/survivability predictions work out?

Hello OLDNEWBIE, I believe the show was episode 1, more to follow? Eugene/Springfield might be a good place for our LORD GOD to reinsert the hose and give it a gud flushing. The ACoE flood control dams might be just the ticket. (none built to current standards)

Living in this area, can't believe my eyes considering how long the CSZ and the when it will happen have been ignored. If anyone has paid attention to the reports (you will have to dig for them) it ain't good for anything on this side of the Cascades.

I have my plans and the plans don't include hanging around waiting for Salem.

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top