JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some time ago I was reading up on the above mentioned items, and I happened across a scan of an Oregon bill or law (wish I had saved it now... hindsight, right?) that read something to the effect of "if an SBR/SBS/AOW/Suppressor/whatever was assembled in the State and never leaves the State, then it does not need to be registered on a Form 4."

Crazy as that may sound, I've seen an official document from our neighbors in Idaho that says the exact same thing. No, I don't remember exactly what it was called, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

The intent of this thread is to either dig up that article and make it available for the masses so we can give a big bubblegum you to the ATF, or to disprove its existence beyond all doubt so we know if we're breaking the law or not.
So, my brothers and sisters of NWFA, let the search begin! I'll post up here if I find anything, of course. Happy hunting!

In a slightly unrelated, however handy bit of Internet knowledge, I present the forum with a letter from the ATF in regards to buffer tubes on pistol ARs.
BB.jpg

BB.jpg

I love the idea, but a word of advice... Until you hear with your own ears, and see with your own eyes that on a Federal level the acknowledgement of State jurisdiction either by the signing of legislation, or settled by case law... Don't do it, unless you want to take point and ride it through the legal system and see where it lands.

I have Kevin Starret's book "Understanding Oregon Gun Laws" and I haven't seen that in there. Granted I've only read through it a couple of times and I'm no lawyer but I can tell you it is legal under Oregon Law to carry a gun into a Post Office but people have been arrested and successfully prosecuted in Oregon courts for doing so.

I second Stomper's advice.

Check out Firearms Freedom Act for the details.

As Stomper said, these are mainly symbolic laws on the state level. The Montana group is suing the ATF but they don't have much of a legal case as I understand it. I would not personally rely on them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top