JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
FORWARD: I am trying to keep my cool as best as I can about this crap as the election nears. I suppose that I'll opt to get really pissed-off angry later, when we actually cross this bridge.

I believe that if this garbage is passed, and I'm pessimistic that it will; it will be immediately challenged in the courts; an injunction placed, and none of the below will ever have to be considered.

The wording reads as such:

Sec. 11 Sub. Sec. 5 As of the effective date of this 2022 Act, it shall be an affirmative defense, as provided in ORS 166.055, to the unlawful possession, use and transfer of a large-capacity magazine in this state by any person, provided that:

(C) While engaging in the legal use of the large-capacity magazine, at a public or private shooting range or shooting gallery or for recreational activities such as hunting, to the extent permitted under state law

(E) While transporting any large-capacity magazines in a vehicle to one of the locations authorized in paragraphs (c)(A) to (D) of this subsection, the large-capacity magazine is not inserted into the firearm and is locked in a separate container.

DISCLAIMER: INAL The below is only my perceived legal interpretation and ought naught be considered as legal advice.

Pertaining to a person that may be a card-carrying member of a private range:

It's my understanding that there is no stated radius, or established distance perimeter that one must be within to be reasonably considered to be in transit to a private range. The range could conceivably be located in a different city, or even a different county.

It also doesn't declare that a person must travel directly from one's place of residence to and from the range with no other stops in between. What if a person also needs to fill their gas tank, grab some lunch somewhere, get a haircut, play a round of golf?

Now, I realize that a person would be prohibited from carrying the restricted mags on person in public, but there is nothing in the wording that would preclude say perhaps having an unloaded rifle(or rifles), or full-size duty pistol(s), and separated mags in one's vehicle, and for it to still be considered as reasonable that one is on route to the range.

In theory, as long as one is in transit during normal range operating hours, a person could be running an errand (or two, or three) on their way to the range. Perhaps something pressing came up, and range time had to be postponed altogether. As long as a person is able to present proof of range membership -- I.E. a member card, gate-key etc. on one's person, then there would be a burden to prove otherwise.

Opinions?
Per sub. sec. 5(C), one could be in transit to any "recreational activity" involving firearms, e.g. shooting on one's private rural property. Range hours and proof of range membership need not be a consideration, IMO.

Does anyone know if this measure passes, when the magazine portion will take effect? I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I could not find it easily through 43 pages of replies. Thank you in advance for all your answers.

Dear Amleth,

Subject: Get your lawn signs and a new volunteer training
Thank YOU for getting us this far.
This morning the Oregonian reported that 51% of Oregon voters in a recent poll support Measure 114. But here's the problem: 10% of voters still don't know enough about the measure to decide. That's too close for comfort after all the work we've done together.
That's why we're doubling down on our volunteer efforts to reach thousands of Oregonians in the next two weeks before ballots are in hand.
Here's how you can help:
  1. Canvass. The absolutely best conversations happen when you can catch someone at home with a few minutes to spare for a conversation about an issue that matters to you. On Thursday at 6:30 we will have a canvass training so you can learn what to expect.
Log on tomorrow October 6th for a zoom at 6:30pm and we'll go over how this campaign does canvassing and answer any questions on other volunteer opportunities you have as well. See link below:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87866427368?pwd=R2oxSjVyWlRScm1CSEN6RG1zejFDZz09
Meeting ID: 878 6642 7368
Passcode: 116385
Please have a cell phone or tablet with you, and if you're able to download the miniVAN app (sometimes called miniVAN touch) and create an account first. This app lets you see your maps and record results without shuffling papers that might get lost or deciphering a map that's not printed clearly).
We'll build a canvass around your schedule once you're trained!
  1. Come to a canvass or pick up a postcard writing packet and get a lawn sign! That's right – lawn signs are in and available and we're prioritizing signs for volunteers. Write postcards, go on a canvass, send in a few letters to the editor, or talk to businesses in your neighborhood, and pick up a lawn sign when you get your materials. We're asking for a small donation to help cover the cost of printing more signs, but if you're not able to give at this time that's okay – we'll still have one for you!
If you prefer in-office volunteering and you're in the Portland metro area we're always looking for help.
Swing by the LEVO office (2710 NE 14th Ave, Portland) on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday from 11-1 or on Wednesday evenings from 4-7, or go to the Measure 114 office (333 SE 2nd Ave, Portland) on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Contact Simone to come by the LEVO office at [email protected]. For volunteer hours at the Measure 114 office contact Teal at [email protected].
Finally, we are kicking off a social media push to make sure your friends and their friends know what's happening with the campaign. If you're on Facebook or Instagram check out the new posts and please share them. Plus, look for some great videos on why leaders across Oregon are voting yes in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing you on zoom on Thursday at 6:30 to talk about why canvassing is fun, simple, and effective.
Elana
LEVO Campaign Manager

Please contribute today online or by mail to get accurate information to Oregon voters:

or mail a check to:

Lift Every Voice Oregon,
P.O. Box 42307, Portland, OR 97242-0307​

Dear Measure 114 Volunteers and Supporters,

It's a marathon!

IMG_1891.jpg

12 Days until Oregon ballots are mailed out

33 Days until the election on November 8th.

$35,000: the amount LEVO needs to continue outreach to all Oregon communities providing correct information about how passage of Ballot Measure 114 will really bring us safer schools and safe communities. We have run this race with 90% grass root efforts and individual donations.

Together We CAN do this.

Your donation today, in any amount, really helps. Forward this appeal to your friends and family.

LEVO partners are proud to have taken the high road throughout this campaign to create safer schools for our children and more peace in our communities. Thank you so much for your continued volunteer and financial support and your YES vote on 114 on November 8th.

Marian Wright Edelman, in her moving "A Prayer for Children", paraphrased here, wrote:

"We pray for children struggling to live to adulthood in the war zones of our cities…. who are dying from guns we could have controlled, who are killing from rage we could have averted by loving attention and positive alternatives." Measure 114 creates a positive alternative.

Oregon has its biggest opportunity in DECADES to change our violent reality.

Please VOTE YES ON 114. Please give as you are able.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE ONLINE

or mail a check to:

Lift Every Voice Oregon,
P.O. Box 42307, Portland, OR 97242-0307

Together We WILL do this.

Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. Mark Knutson Rabbi Michael Cahana Marilyn Keller

Chief Petitioners of Measure 114

Lift Every Voice (LEVO) is an Oregon Political Action Committee (PAC). The first $50 you give (subject to income limits) qualifies for an income tax credit (not a deduction) for Oregon tax filers. For more information go to www.lifteveryvoiceoregon.com.

Please contribute today online or by mail to get accurate information to Oregon voters:

or mail a check to:

Lift Every Voice Oregon,
P.O. Box 42307, Portland, OR 97242-0307​

"We are living in the fierce urgency of now" as together we confront gun violence in America. We value and thank you, our volunteers and donors; because of you, Measure 114 is on the ballot.

Hah!

They forgot to mention that sample size of the poll the Oregonian did was only 600 LIKELY voters and had a margin of error of 4. Also the cities they refer to is literally just Portland from their own failed candidates an policies allowing all of this since 2020.

Just the other night Tina was saying during the debate that the other two candidates want to take Oregon in a "new direction". Gee wonder why after the last two years we've all lived thru.

Last Edited:
When are there going to be TV and internet ads opposing this stupidity?

My proposal:

Video of the Portland riots playing.
911: What is your emergency?
Victim: There are people in the street outside my home breaking windows and setting fires. I'm scared (children screaming and crying in the background).
911: All available law enforcement have been dispatched to other calls. It will be 90 minutes to 2 hours before they can respond to your location.
Victim: What can I do? I'm surrounded <sobbing>.
911: Take your children to the bathroom and lay in the bathtub with them until help arrives.
Victim: <pleading> Please, help me?
911: Sorry, I can't. I wish you well, but I have to respond to another emergency phone call.
<dial tone>
Could even add … "do you have any firearms you can use?" "No. The permit hasn't come through yet"

Does anyone know if this measure passes, when the magazine portion will take effect? I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I could not find it easily through 43 pages of replies. Thank you in advance for all your answers.
The whole thing would go into effect December 8, 2022 -
Effective date
Ballot measures take effect 30 days after the election at which they are approved.

DocumentIcon.jpg See law:Oregon Constitution, Article IV, Section 1 (4d)

Had good results spreading the word around Albertsons on 25th by the airfield. Staff are definitely friendly in regards to 2A

We can't become complacent about getting our message out. Call and email your representatives and all of those that are running for office. Ask them specifically about what they're doing about 114. Don't accept the lame response of them supporting 2A, put their feet to the fire and tell them they need to be public and loud about this before the election. Contact Tim Knoop, House Minority leader, and ask him what the Oregon Republican party is doing about 114.

Contact Mitch McConnell and ask him why the RNC is sitting on it's hands about this critical national issue. Contact the rest of the senate, and our representatives, and ask them if they're doing anything more than writing strongly worded letters while the United States Constitution is being challenged by big money from the left. Don't let them give you the crap about filing lawsuits afterwards, make them give a statement about what they're doing TODAY. Make them feel our presence.

Hmm this seems like the whole permit to purchase thing isn't a unique organic idea and more of a adopted organized instructed effort.

The office of the AG would be responsible for approving licences to purchase firearms. Interesting that "recent" purchases are a potential cause for denial.

"(ii) DENIAL.—

"(I) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General may deny a license under this section if the Attorney General determines that the applicant poses a significant danger of bodily injury to self or others by possessing, purchasing, or receiving a firearm, after examining factors the Attorney General considers are relevant to the determination, including—
"(gg) any recent acquisition of firearms, ammunition, or other deadly weapons; and

EDIT: I ought to have kept reading. This falls under the revocation section:

"(C) PROCEDURES.—The Attorney General shall establish procedures to ensure that any firearm is removed from any individual when the individual's license is revoked under this paragraph.

"(D) RETURN OF FIREARMS.—A firearm removed under the procedures established under subparagraph (C) may be returned to the individual only if the individual's license is reinstated.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews