JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
tho this is an actual ballot measure not an initiative or referendum
Here's the Secretary of State's page - https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/explanatory-statement.aspx

What kind of thing is a 'ballot measure' that is not the product of either an initiative or a referendum?

It's true that the initiative and referendum process are separate stages of creating a measure to get on the ballot, but the constitution covers that: "an initiative or referendum measure"

Last Edited:
December 8.
lets be clear here its Jan 1st 2023! when the governor signs them all into law.

according to oregon.gov Final results, especially for close contests, may not be known until the election is certified and the official abstract of votes is published. Final certified results will be available 37 days after the election.

So impossible for it to be effective dec 8th!

Hey, Just to let everyone know there is no event on Saturday. The NRA never reached out to Tri County to arrange it. If you are not a member or a guest you will be turned away.

Last Edited:
I'm too busy writing checks to the FPC and SAF to reply to that.
This touches upon a topic I have been kicking around the old noggin. We do, regularly, give to four pro-2A groups (NRA, SAF, OOC, and ASA), and will be doing more. I'm noodling about "best bang for the buck" to help fight this unconstitutional monstrosity.

Thoughts?

lets be clear here its Jan 1st 2023! when the governor signs them all into law.

according to oregon.gov Final results, especially for close contests, may not be known until the election is certified and the official abstract of votes is published. Final certified results will be available 37 days after the election.

So impossible for it to be effective dec 8th!
The Governor does not sign the laws created by initiative. They're not 'legislative enactments'.

As to actual implementation, there is quite likely to be a lag - lots of unappropriated money to spend on things that are not yet designed. What that means for enforcement, I do not know.

This touches upon a topic I have been kicking around the old noggin. We do, regularly, give to four pro-2A groups (NRA, SAF, OOC, and ASA), and will be doing more. I'm noodling about "best bang for the buck" to help fight this unconstitutional monstrosity.

Thoughts?
FPC has my money as does GOA.

Haven't seen or heard ANYTHING from OOC this time around but I know they were around the last time LEVO tried by running them out in court time.

Speaking with FPC on twitter, they say they are well aware and ready for IF 114 were to pass, seeing their work and the response of angry/delusional hate tweets they get i'd say that is effective.

Can you still attend if you're not a member of the Tri County gun Club?
If you read what is actually on this bill, you, like me, will feel ashamed that these people are in leadership.

1) it will not affect any crime reduction, and may increase crime...it's only a political ploy on "gun control"
2) it will put small arms businesses out of business (delays, reductions, overhead, & unsellable inventory)
3) it has delegation to state police, but no provisions for supervision, accountability, or finance
4) the wait time for new, old, & traders will go from a "promise" of 30 days to a more likely 130 days
5) +10 mags $ arms will be illegal to carry concealed unless you are a LEO
6) +10 mags & arms will be illegal to transfer anywhere in Oregon
7) +10 mags & arms already owned will be illegal to shoot anywhere but on licensed ranges
8) required written tests & required live fire tests have nobody to perform them, and they will also cost
9) live fire tests at ranges, on top of the $65 permit fee, makes the "right to buy" (or trade) closer to $165
10) a 1st time couple will spend $330 & wait months for a permit to buy from a dealer whose costs are soaring
10) burglary could well go up, increasing crime, plus proving that this was never about crime reduction

Hey, Just to let everyone know there is no event on Saturday. The NRA never reached out to Tri County to arrange it. If you are not a member you will be turned away.
I suspect you might be correct, as I tried to RSVP and it doesn't let me…. I've reached out to Jesse Greening for confirmation…. And then there's this one tomorrow in Beaverton that just came in:

You're Invited: Join the NRA Oregonians for Freedom Committee for an important 2A Day in Beaverton!

or-flag-2.jpg
You're Invited: Join the NRA Oregonians for Freedom Committee for an important 2A Day in Beaverton!
With Election Day just around the corner and early voting fast approaching, NRA-ILA staff will share the latest updates on how we are working to defeat Ballot Measure 114, and how YOU can help prevent the most egregious gun control initiative in the country from passing in Oregon. The event is FREE!

Friday, October 14th​

1 P.M. – 6 P.M.

J&B Firearm Sales

9575 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy., #100
Beaverton, OR 97005
Save your spot and please RSVP!
click-here-to-rsvp.jpg
November 8th​ will be here sooner than we think, and our Second Amendment rights are on the line in Oregon!
We need all-hands-on-deck to turn out the pro-Second Amendment vote to protect freedom in Oregon. Join us to learn how you can help defeat this ballot measure in the final weeks before Election Day. We hope to see you there!
In Freedom,
NRA Oregonians for Freedom

ilaLogoFooter.jpg
FOLLOW NRA-ILA​
facebook_footer.jpg
twitter_footer.jpg
youtube_footer.jpg
instagram_footer.jpg
© 2022 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Please do not reply to this email.

Weren't they supposed to have a meeting today in Hillsboro?

The page says it cannot be found, did they quietly quit on us and not alert anyone?.

Swore it was supposed to be today at the masonic lodge next to the court house. I can't find anything on their page or on google. WTF NRA?

Edit:

1665694486873.png

Use this section of the site to find more events in your area, you can search by zipcode.

Last Edited:

Thoughts?
Would be great to have someone do a writeup describing what groups are actually doing to fight the measure. If you know what a specific group is doing, or has been doing, it would be good to know. Who attended the hearings to dispute the descriptions and titles, who wrote briefs, who submitted comments for the voters pamphlets, who is paying for ads, mailers, signs, or anything else to help educate people. I think we all want to know who is actually doing something besides writing strongly worded letters.

Why are we wasting our time arguing about what date its effective? concentrate your efforts on stopping this!! Then it doesnt matter!!!
Time much better spent! IMO

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top