JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
They can keep doing this for as long as they can go on TV and blame gun owners for the crimes of their constituents. The unintended consequences of the "OUR SOCIETY MADE HIM DO IT" mindset is to make it difficult for the innocent to defend against attacks from the guilty.

If you don't have proof that the firearm was obtained before the measure went into effect, your rifle or shotgun would be confiscated and you would be charged with a crime. We all know what happens if you are convicted, or even charged with a gun crime.
I know that is what they would like us to believe, but brass tacks, the burden is on the them to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was purchased after the measure went into effect. At most, a sworn affidavit that it was purchased prior should be sufficient.

Obviously, if your firearms serial number traces to a date of mfg post enactment, youuuu might be in a bit of trouble. ;)

We are getting to where nobody is responsible for what they did, but we are all responsible for what someone else did. That perverse thinking is why our "leaders" make excuses for violent criminals yet prevent innocent people from protecting themselves.
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

Change in priority for signs. We're running our of yard signs, but have several hundred 3' x 5' signs and about a dozen 4' x 8' signs. Let's start asking around for property owners that have space on major thoroughfares, and don't mind posting signs. Try to connect to the major campaigns and see if they will support our efforts and help with sign placement. They know the people that have their large signs out, and can easily ask them to place the No to 114 signs. It doesn't matter which candidate it is, if they are looking for the conservative vote, this s a major issue. For those of you in hostile territory, if you can get large signs posted, this will be a major win for us.

Let me know what you find out so we can coordinate, and get these signs where they do the most good.

It would be great if those who have time and can afford fuel would load the large signs up on trailers or trucks and drive around busy areas during rush hour periods. Groups of a few people holding up large signs on overpasses could work too. The law prohibits hanging signs on overpass fences but you are permitted to hold the signs on overpasses. I did this by myself for the Defend The 2nd rally a few years ago. People noticed. My sign was a bit small but during rush hour people still could read it.

MKTactical in Hillsboro has a couple of different flyers in opposition to 114, so Michael is doing his part as always.
Oregon Arms on Cornelius Pass has flyers and my number for refillls. J and B, Aloha Surplus, Oregon Ridle Works in Tigard , Highline Firearms in Newberg. The small places like those were all receptive. Chain stores have corporate boards the manager is afraid to ask.

I noticed on a couple of the places that I called ahead and got someone saying, "I don't know if I can take your stuff. I have to talk to my manager". But every time I just showed up with a smile and armload of signs and flyers the manager or owners loved to see me.

When you get stores to take signs and flyers alway leave your number for a refill, but check back every week anyway. Your number could get lost or their days get busy and they forget to call for the refill. Just check back

Last Edited:
Cabelas is a drive-in. I saw a couple of guys putting flyers on windshields in Cabelas parking lot. Then a few hours later, a whole crop of new windshields came by for their flyers.
I am disgusted with the lack of opposition from retailers who business will be so severely affected by this measure. The grocery stores get it and organize to fight laws that will hurt their business and their customers. The FFL retailers generally (with some exceptions) don't get it. Maybe they are counting on selling lots of non standard capacity mags to make up for firearm purchases they won't be able to complete, potentially for weeks or months? It seems illogical to depend soley on your diehard customers to defend your business interest?

Edit: As a consumer I will save money if M114 passes. Businesses will lose money if it passes. It would seem to me that businesses might want to take the lead in this fight?

I am disgusted with the lack of opposition from retailers who business will be so severely affected by this measure. The grocery stores get it and organize to fight laws that will hurt their business and their customers. The FFL retailers generally (with some exceptions) don't get it. Maybe they are counting on selling lots of non standard capacity mags to make up for firearm purchases they won't be able to complete, potentially for weeks or months? It seems illogical to depend soley on your diehard customers to defend your business interest?
Grocery store products aren't blamed for the crimes of others. When someone eggs a house on Halloween they don't get a bunch of red shirts occupying the corporate HQ. Major retailers who "also" have firearms fear those idiots and the news crews they bring along.

Grocery store products aren't blamed for the crimes of others. When someone eggs a house on Halloween they don't get a bunch of red shirts occupying the corporate HQ. Major retailers who "also" have firearms fear those idiots with the friendly news reporters
I guess they will have to decide which interest earns them more income. Red shirts or Us.

Edit: Last time I checked you didn't have to pull a number in a 10 person deep line to buy some yoga pants or sandals at Cabelas.

Last Edited:
I expect to hear mostly crickets from the online retailers about M114, unless it passes. Then they will be Oregon's best friends offering to ship products to us first ahead of other States. Sound familiar. There is money to be made in every situation even when our constitutional rights are under fire.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top