JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm....retired with ample funds, on a lot of acres in the mountains behind a locked gate, my own range, safe fill of guns, shall I go on? Life looks pretty good from MY reloading bench!

As a retiree, your income tax is too high and your property tax is as high as Washington! I worked my entire life for a pension and if I move to Oregon I will get taxed on my monthly pension as well as any withdrawals from my 401K which was totally earned in another state! Your weather further south in the Roseburg to Medford area beats western WA but still in WA I don't get taxes any extra for my retirement earnings...

Yeah it is crazy Classic. Bloodsuckers galore.

All my competitors in business are dying on the vine and the taxes and overregulation are the final tipping point. Sad to watch. The only thing that saves me is low overhead and 30 years experience.

Tried to start a business small but the blood suckers from the Feds on down to the City started licking their chops. They don't care if you fail as long as they all get their piece of flesh first. Like buzzards feeding on a corpse they will drive you straight into bankruptcy and strip the carcass clean!!

Dunerunner - I hear that.

Seriously, if I had to try and start a business nowadays it definitely would not be in Oregon. I am not rich by any means and if I had to add up all the must-have expenses - taxes, fees, permits, bonds, licenses, etc....

I know it would easily come to 50% of every dollar. Then add in all the others, rent, wages, advertising, vehicle expenses, office supplies, internet, phone, etc, etc .... and damn.

Try to cut any corners and the CCB and Gov go after you like you are a master criminal.

I am very lucky to take home 15% of every dollar I earn these days. Gov and the greedy bankers have made wage slaves of us all.

I saw something on TV from Donald Trump (puke, hate him, but he is knowledgeable) that the only place to start a business nowadays that will thrive is ..... China.

The American dream died out three decades ago. All by design via the boiling frog.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top