Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon # 3 in Worst Place for Retirees.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rocky3, Feb 7, 2014.

1. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

Todays Kiplinger report shows Oregon as number three in worst place retirement states.
    I know there are a lot of retirees on this forum and like me retired and barely able to live here. What to do about it, be very careful who
    who you believe when voting in a politician. They all lie and that is legal, you lie and can go to jail.
    Here is a link:The worst states for retirement - MSN Money

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

But think of the children!. about to be raped again by the striking union teachers. 59% graduation rate.. yay! F

3. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hmmm....retired with ample funds, on a lot of acres in the mountains behind a locked gate, my own range, safe fill of guns, shall I go on? Life looks pretty good from MY reloading bench!

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

As a retiree, your income tax is too high and your property tax is as high as Washington! I worked my entire life for a pension and if I move to Oregon I will get taxed on my monthly pension as well as any withdrawals from my 401K which was totally earned in another state! Your weather further south in the Roseburg to Medford area beats western WA but still in WA I don't get taxes any extra for my retirement earnings...

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Yeah it is crazy Classic. Bloodsuckers galore.

All my competitors in business are dying on the vine and the taxes and overregulation are the final tipping point. Sad to watch. The only thing that saves me is low overhead and 30 years experience.

6. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

I gotta admit I enjoy riding the Oregon Coast on my Goldwing but I would NEVER consider moving there.
    That said, when my parents are gone I'm moving out of Federal Way Washington!

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Tried to start a business small but the blood suckers from the Feds on down to the City started licking their chops. They don't care if you fail as long as they all get their piece of flesh first. Like buzzards feeding on a corpse they will drive you straight into bankruptcy and strip the carcass clean!!

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Dunerunner - I hear that.

Seriously, if I had to try and start a business nowadays it definitely would not be in Oregon. I am not rich by any means and if I had to add up all the must-have expenses - taxes, fees, permits, bonds, licenses, etc....

I know it would easily come to 50% of every dollar. Then add in all the others, rent, wages, advertising, vehicle expenses, office supplies, internet, phone, etc, etc .... and damn.

Try to cut any corners and the CCB and Gov go after you like you are a master criminal.

I am very lucky to take home 15% of every dollar I earn these days. Gov and the greedy bankers have made wage slaves of us all.

I saw something on TV from Donald Trump (puke, hate him, but he is knowledgeable) that the only place to start a business nowadays that will thrive is ..... China.

The American dream died out three decades ago. All by design via the boiling frog.