JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was listening to a radio program a while back and it was centered around a Disney produced anti-gun propaganda movie called Armor of Light that was about a so-called religious leader having an apiphany that guns = murder and sin and that Christian folk should give up their guns because owning a gun equates to support for murder. HUGE stretch.

The Armor Of Light (http://www.armoroflightfilm.com/)

It's a hit piece attacking conservatives on two fronts - LOTS of conservatives in this country are Christians, and this goes about trying to undermine your gun rights and undermine what the Bible teaches about bearing arms (remember boys and girls, the Second Amendment doesn't say "Firearms" it says "Arms" which covers any combat implement)

They are loosing traction in the traditional arenas, so they are targeting churches pushing the agenda hoping to influence a bunch of of people who blindly follow whatever the guy at the pulpit is spewing, without viewing things through a critical filter.

All these years I thought, churches, religious people, church goers, people who read and follow the bible, etc, were the "Right", you know "conservatives"? As in, NOT liberals? And I know a little about the subject as I grew up (27 years) in a small community just 12 miles south of the world headquarters of the LDS Church and I would consider THEM conservative.

So what's up?

To be part of their flock you first must be a sheep. Few, if any, non LDS congregations in our part of the country are conservatives where the second amendment is concerned. Not going to discuss religion, but LDS has it right where preparing for emergencies and protecting yourself is concerned.

I turn the other cheek only to get into a better firing position.

These ministers are seeking a simple solution to a complex problem. Firearms make me and my family safer. If it were otherwise I wouldn't have any.

I once had an extended conversation with a Quaker lady about firearms. As you probably know, this group is heavily opposed to violence, so, she was an "anti". I pointed out to her that to use government to disarm people is violent. She actually came around to my point of view on that, that supporting politicians for being anti-gun was supporting violence. But she said she would pray that I give up my guns of my own accord. :)

I think this is the correct tactic to deal with religious people. Let them know that there is nothing wrong with their personal opinions on guns, as long as they don't advocate violence against those who do not agree with them. Ask them what Jesus would do. ;)

"We must understand clearly and firmly that the dominant authorities in the major foundations, the media, the schools, the universities, and most of the system of organized culture, including the arts and entertainment—not only do nothing to conserve what most of us regard as our traditional way of life, but actually seek its destruction or are indifferent to its survival. If our culture is going to be conserved, then we need to dethrone the dominant authorities that threaten it."
— Sam Francis, Revolution From The Middle, 1997

But there are no 'assault weapons' in Oregon - unless. of course, you actually DO own a full-auto M-16 or AR-180 or Ak47 or similar.

Right?

tac

"Assault weapon" is a legal term. Pedantic arguments arent going to stop the legislature from stripping away your rights.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top