JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's nothing more dangerous than a group of ignorant leaders attempting to leverage and manipulate religious beliefs to push a political agenda.

This is why it's important to keep up to date on local happenings and meetings in each individuals area, communicate that to other like minded people, and to show up and ask questions and educate (and let the OTHER side make rude, angry and crazy comments).

Whens the next town hall meeting in your area?

Portland faith leaders unite around assault weapons ban (Column) (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_faith_leaders_unite_a.html)

Not one of these religious leaders speaks for me. Of course they all come from liberal leanings, so what can we expect them to say and do?
I personally have felt that once people in the religious arena mix into the political arena, they should lose their tax exempt status.
Stick to the pulpit helping with people with spiritual needs, and stay out of politics.

When "Religious" leaders meddle in politics you get the Roman Church, and we all know how spotless the beast is. :rolleyes:

If they want to ban what I do as a hobby perhaps they should speak out against sports, video games and "angry" music.. You know.. For the kids. :mad:

They should have no voice over what people do in their own lives.

Not one of these religious leaders speaks for me. Of course they all come from liberal leanings, so what can we expect them to say and do?
I personally have felt that once people in the religious arena mix into the political arena, they should lose their tax exempt status.
Stick to the pulpit helping with people with spiritual needs, and stay out of politics.

I would behind this 100%.

assault-bats.jpg

Including these, too?
The Moral Majority, the Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, Christian Voice, Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network, and the Family Research Council, for example?

They are heavily involved in politics and have been for decades. I agree completely that the separation of church and state should be a two-way street.

Including these, too?
The Moral Majority, the Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, Christian Voice, Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network, and the Family Research Council, for example?

They are heavily involved in politics and have been for decades. I agree completely that the separation of church and state should be a two-way street.

Them too.

Yep, just sing Hallelujah as you ride your unicorn through the streets and sprinkle your pixie dust and the millions of AR's and AK's in public ownership will magically disappear. Surely the terrorists and gang banger's will see the light and turn all of theirs in. Hallelujah!

For those in the Portland area, I just saw this gun-control event as well. If your interested in 'knowing your enemy', not bad to show up and just watch/listen/understand the crowd.

Portland 'Under The Gun' Free Screening (https://www.facebook.com/events/1815714048661649/)

Isn't that the one the Couric edited to make gun owners look like idiots by not responding to questions when they actually did and answered them quite well?

Katie Couric Decried 'Edited' Footage, Doctored Gun Interview (http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/26/katie-couric-decried-edited-planned-parenthood-footage-then-doctored-a-gun-owner-interview/)

My mom got heavily involved in a church when I was a kid. She convinced my dad to go, so he did and attended faithfully for several years. One day a couple of the church leaders had a conversation with my dad expressing concern that he owned too many guns. He hasn't been back since.

God bless the old man lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top