JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a quick inquiry here to any Portland-area guys.

I'm planning on getting a mortgage in the next few years and am sorting out my options. I like it here on the west side of the metro, but have just about had my fill of Portland muncipal and now Multnomah county politics. The fact that the sheriff stood up and spoke for the gun control ordinances in the meeting this week is just another example of that.

How are things across the county line in Washinton Co.? Any better?

Well, I am not particularly fond of any of this area...But, The county is more gun friendly, that's a big one. The further west you get, the more room you can find, which I like. It has changed a lot since I last lived up here (a long time ago) But I would choose Washington, over Multnomah any day.

I don't live in Multnomah County, but I work there.

Multnomah County can go bubblegum a bubblegum (let your imagination translate).

If I were going to move to the tri-county area for some reason I'd probably do rural Clackamas County. If I was going to head to the west side I'd probably find a place in Forest Grove or farther west. But that's just me.

generally speaking the climate is very much liberal minded. the Aloha area is nice and quiet and still close to most things but if your one to open carry keep in mind in Portland and Beaverton it is illegal to open carry without a ccw.

Washington County is a little better but Clackamas is the best of the three IMO. I would also suggest living further out in either. Clackamas is almost balanced politically.

Multnomah has a bunch of extra taxes, and they continue to come up with new ones. The WA county sheriffs office is pro 2nd amendment and pro concealed carry. They led the fight when the media wanted a list of CHL holders. Don't know if you have kids, but there are some good schools in Beaverton and Tigard.
And Cabela's is opening a store in Tualatin next year.

Washington county. Stomper, I own properties in both Marion and Washington county. The taxes are far cheaper in wa county. Although I would prefer to live in Woodburn. But the money is in beaverton. Thanks. Now i am glad I dont need to deal with Multnoma.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads