JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere (I looked). Looking for someone who has been through this and can enlighten me.
Moved to WA and got my WA Concealed Pistol License. Prior to the move, got an OR Concealed Handgun License which doesn't expire until 2019. Would like to keep the OR CHL for when I travel and visit in OR. Research leads to contradictory findings, so would like to hear from someone who has been through this (preferably an OR lawyer:D) - how do I keep a valid OR CHL as a WA resident?

You cant see below. You would need to get a non resident chl. Call and talk to the sheriffs office that issued the Oregon chl and see what that would take.

https://sheriff.deschutes.org/CHL_Change_of_Address_Form.pdf

" If you have moved outside of Oregon, Oregon Revised Statues requires that a CHL holder be a resident of the county where
their CHL is issued or be able to meet other residency requirements as outlined in ORS 166.29(9)(a)(b)(c)(d). Please mail
your CHL permit to us and advise you have moved out of state."

The Deschutes Sheriff might issue you a CHL if you have legitimate business, relations or ties to the county. I own property in Deschutes and King County (WA), have both.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top