1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Optics frustration

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Blackbird, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Hillsboro Member

I have been searching for sometime now for a 1-4 scope only to come to a dead end. I have searched and searched for places to carry at least a couple of different 1-4 scopes and no one really has anything. The old Sportsman Warehouse on 82nd has a VX-I and one other brand. Northwest Armory had a Vortex PST, which was very nice but a little out of my price range. I called Keiths this morning to see if they had a few that I could come and check out but the guy on the phone was a total bubblegum and wouldnt tell me the models or prices of the ones they had. He just said that they had a couple different Leupolds and that I would have to come it to get the pricing and models cause he was too busy at the moment. I would have gone out there and probably bought a scope had he let me know exactly what I was coming to look at. My point of this whole thread is that I am having a difficult time finding a scope that I like and that is in my budget. I am willing to spend $400 on a good scope but I really want to put my hands on it and look through it before I buy it. I dont want to order something off line and not like it and have to send it back and then order something else. Sometimes I wish I would have never sold my EOTech and would have just saved my money for a magnifier. Does anyone know where I can see any of this type of scope or is this a lost cause?
  2. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Leupold Mark AR 1-4x20 about $279 and very good. Fishermans or keiths.
  3. BillCh

BillCh Vancouver Active Member

Unfortunately, the greater Portland area doesn't have any place that stocks higher end optics.

As for Keith's, well, now you know better.

4. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

keep a eye on this board sometimes a good deal on a used one comes up . Maybe there will a local shoot and someone can let you check out the system they have.
  5. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I have a bushnell 4200 1.25-4x and I absotively love it. Best scope in that price range IMO. If you want to check it out, I am on the west side of hillsboro. I also have a couple chinese 1.5-4.5x scopes that aren't bad given the price if you want a little side by side comparison. But they are a bit on the heavy side and the optics aren't the best, but for what they cost they are great. If you want to check either out just shoot me a PM. I have very little going on right now.
  6. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

i have a few 1-4X scopes you can look through, trijicon tr21, an old and a new GRSC CRS, a Vector and an IOR. PM me. from what I've tried, I would say either the CRS $350 ish or a used TR21($450 ish) or used TR24 ($550 ish).
  7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member