JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whats wrong with the ones from the Philippines. Is it crap or is it because its not built in the usa.
dont get me wrong I love buying usa products. But I was just curious

Nothing, I have had no problems, the only thing wrong is that its made somewhere else, most in likely better quality. I will say this, I have a Leupold Mark 8 Scope, i have taken it to Greenbrier (Leupolds HQ) 4 times now with issues, and its made here in Beaverton. I will not hold 0, and leaks gas and the lens gets foggy. They replaced the entire thing last time, and guess what, I took it back last thursday because it won't adjust vertical. I have the Redfield Battlefield on that same rifle and its fine.

Well everyone seems happy with redfield, will go check it out again. But I also looked up some nikons in my price range and they seem pretty sweet too! So many options!

I have recently got my hands on a Redfield Battlezone and I love it! Clear and crisp glass. The reticle makes quick changes a breeze. It comes with preset turrets for 55 grain 223 as well as 168 grain 308. It is not like the bullet drop reticles. It is more like a preset in MOA adjustment on the turret itself. Works great. I'm thinking of ditching the scopes I have on a few other rifles for 2 more of these. Only negative is I wish it had a bit more power. 3-9 is not all that great for really long stuff. I hope they make a 4-12 or larger in time to come.

<broken link removed>

I also have a revenge on my 30-06. It has the bullet drop reticle with range estimator. Again it is super clear. The bullet drop works well with 30-06. I sighted it for 100. Went hunting using it last year for antelope. The goat was at 400 yards per the scopes estimator. I ranged it with my range finder and it was at 380ish. I watched the goat walk in to about 300 yards and held the 300 yard line on its chest and down he went. Only thing negative is that, though the range estimator works, it is no where near as fast to work than hitting a button on a range finder.

<broken link removed>

I just ordered a 4-12 Revolution (Oregon made) for my youngest sons Ruger American 7mm-08, Should make a dandy starter rifle.

You won't regret it. I also have a Ruger American. 30-06. Together with the Redfield Scope makes for an all American set up that won't let you down.

I have a Redfield 3-9X on my Win M70 lightweight sporter in .250 Savage, and another on my M70 Featherweight in .223 Rem. I'm very pleased with both rifle/scope combinations.

I caved and ordered the 6-18x44 Battlezone. Can't wait to mount it on my AR and punch some paper with it.

When I bought my Revolution 2-7X32 it was $110
Now it is priced near $200 along w/the 3-9
I am torn between the two optics @ same price because the 2-7 has an advantage in cross street engagements and is good to 350-400 yards in good light.

I have put $700 optics on $400 rifles and shot sub MOA in fading light as a result.
I have missed filling my tag because of poor optics due to carpy light transmission.
That is what your dollars buy you, the ability to focus your optic so that you see what is not visible to the naked eye in a darkened room 300 yards away or in deep timber during a heavy rain storm.

I spent 5 years buying every cheap optic I believed would match the POU of a 223 carbine in mixed woods/pasture AWA a 308 precision deer rifle in the same situation; this after hunting deer/elk in same area and having Name Brand scopes fail after one short fall down a rocky slope. I sent back scopes that when the new one arrived, it could not hold-up to the USPS! One scope, a large "Tacticle" Millitt scope arrived damaged 3 times due to it's shoddy Chinese engineering!
Like the quality boots I used to buy @$45 but now cost $450 quality optics cost MORE!
Avoid Chinese optics at all costs!
My advise; buy quality, start w/ a Leupold, a VXI or II
You will NEVER regret the extra money spent when you pass that puppy down through the generations

When I bought my Revolution 2-7X32 it was $110
Now it is priced near $200 along w/the 3-9
I am torn between the two optics @ same price because the 2-7 has an advantage in cross street engagements and is good to 350-400 yards in good light.

I have put $700 optics on $400 rifles and shot sub MOA in fading light as a result.
I have missed filling my tag because of poor optics due to carpy light transmission.
That is what your dollars buy you, the ability to focus your optic so that you see what is not visible to the naked eye in a darkened room 300 yards away or in deep timber during a heavy rain storm.

I spent 5 years buying every cheap optic I believed would match the POU of a 223 carbine in mixed woods/pasture AWA a 308 precision deer rifle in the same situation; this after hunting deer/elk in same area and having Name Brand scopes fail after one short fall down a rocky slope. I sent back scopes that when the new one arrived, it could not hold-up to the USPS! One scope, a large "Tacticle" Millitt scope arrived damaged 3 times due to it's shoddy Chinese engineering!
Like the quality boots I used to buy @$45 but now cost $450 quality optics cost MORE!
Avoid Chinese optics at all costs!
My advise; buy quality, start w/ a Leupold, a VXI or II
You will NEVER regret the extra money spent when you pass that puppy down through the generations
So how is the redfield holding up after having it awhile?

It was a bit better than the 2-7X32 Nikons I bought for $10 less, sent 2 Nikons back for replacement.
The Redfield was 'Better' all ways round.
I used it in shoot-n-scoot in heavy woods. I did not drop it onto the ground from 3 feet because I bought it from my own funds! Still it was on target, bright, clear!
I really regret getting rid of that Redfield
But again, al done I would steer you to a Leopold scope

I am writing this because I had a redfield low-profile scope after having it for 25 yrs, the crosshairs broke I contacted leupold they gave an addres to send it to for repair and when all was said and done it cost me about 85.00 to get it back . I called leupold and they did not want to hear anything about older redfield scopes.I have about 10 older redfield scopes and cherish them so aware of this service
Trapdoor

I have a battlefield on one pf my AR's, has not lost zero yet, and that is after about 200 rounds, eye relief is good, I use it for a 300 yard rifle and i like it just fine.
I bought the Redfield Battlezone for my RRA .308 and find that it is as good (maybe even better) than some other high priced scopes I have. The only issue I had (have) is the power ring is stiff (hard to turn). Rather then send it back under warranty, I opted for a Switchview lever (the .160 size). The lever fits fine with no shimming and for me works better to change power. As for where it is made, my fifteen year old Burris scopes are made in the Philippines and they are excellent scopes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top