JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently purchased a CZ Shadow 2 and really just into it the moment I shot the first round, like muzzle doesn't flip at all and recoil is like silk smooth. I've been hearing a lot about Walther PPQ M2 Q5 match and Beretta 92x performance. What's in your mind the best stock competition handgun that worth the cost?
=D I'm really looking forward to my next collection here so I would appreciate any opinion.

Lots of opinions here, CZ Shadow 2 is a popular choice, I'm sure Walther/Beretta are nice, but aside from the CZ crowd, most media I watch/read make it seem like 2011s from STI or similar are the absolute best competition guns you can buy. Your question has the qualifier "worth the cost" - something only you can decide. So, gotta buy them all and then choose one. Or keep them all!

Personally I don't have a dog in this fight; I have neither shot nor own any of the top tier stock handguns.

Lots of opinions here, CZ Shadow 2 is a popular choice, I'm sure Walther/Beretta are nice, but aside from the CZ crowd, most media I watch/read make it seem like 2011s from STI or similar are the absolute best competition guns you can buy. Your question has the qualifier "worth the cost" - something only you can decide. So, gotta buy them all and then choose one. Or keep them all!

Personally I don't have a dog in this fight; I have neither shot nor own any of the top tier stock handguns.
I've seen a lot of people compete with 2011s and I can tell they would be a joy to shoot. I do love all 1911s' trigger and I still think that they are if not the best single action trigger on the market. Only thing against it is yah they cost too much.

In Dec., I acquired a Ruger Competition.

I was enticed after learning that it has been showing up in three gun competition and that Doug Koenig was involved in it's design.

After shooting it, I was impressed at how well it shot, accuracy, a very short trigger reset, a very decent trigger for a striker fired pistol and the slide design pretty much eliminates muzzle flip and felt recoil.

In Dec., I acquired a Ruger Competition.

I was enticed after learning that it has been showing up in three gun competition and that Doug Koenig was involved in it's design.

After shooting it, I was impressed at how well it shot, accuracy, a very short trigger reset, a very decent trigger for a striker fired pistol and the slide design pretty much eliminates muzzle flip and felt recoil.
I loved the look on that pistol so much. In fact I had kept my eye on the market for one since 2019 and there were none until like December last year, then I bought one online but the order was cancelled for some mystery reason. I would say for the price heck yeah I need that pistol in my collection.

Attachments

• 30-30.jpg
    30-30.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 39
I prefer the heavier steel frame pistols and have been interested in a Shadow 2 or a Walther Q5 SF. I do like the low bore center of the CZ's and currently shoot a CZ75 with some trigger mods. All the people I have talked to say the Shadow 2 is the better choice out of the box. I think you have made a great choice and it will be tough to do much better without spending big dollars. The STI is cool but not sure its worth the extra monies? I will be paying attention here to see what others say.

I prefer the heavier steel frame pistols and have been interested in a Shadow 2 or a Walther Q5 SF. I do like the low bore center of the CZ's and currently shoot a CZ75 with some trigger mods. All the people I have talked to say the Shadow 2 is the better choice out of the box. I think you have made a great choice and it will be tough to do much better without spending big dollars. The STI is cool but not sure its worth the extra monies? I will be paying attention here to see what others say.
Having both, I would take the Shadow 2 over the Q5 SF every time. Even better, a Tactical Sport 2.

realizing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i am stunned at ruger's unique ability to bring pistol after pistol to market that are just plain ugly.

with all due respect to the classic beauty of the Mk series .22s.

now i would love to be shown the error of my ways here, but i am concerned somebody might start to post pics of the P-series and end the discussion right there.

but as my grandmother used to say, "there's a lid for every pot."

:)

I'm a 1911 fan and own two Wilson Combat guns. I recently started collecting the Langdon Tactical Berettas, and the Performance with their trigger job is amazing. I still need to shoot it though.

Last Edited:
Staccato XC would be high on list.
That pistol is not viable in any competition division and would only be allowed in USPSA open division where it would be at a massive disadvantage due to being a minor caliber gun with a slide mounted optic against pistols with major scoring, frame mounted optics,and functional compensators.

I shoot CZ Shadow 2s in USPSA production an carry optics. The sig 320 variants are always popular, the berettas seem to be coming back, tanfoglios are popular, and canik is really doing well for an entry level gun.

Last Edited:
Recently purchased a CZ Shadow 2 and really just into it the moment I shot the first round, like muzzle doesn't flip at all and recoil is like silk smooth. I've been hearing a lot about Walther PPQ M2 Q5 match and Beretta 92x performance. What's in your mind the best stock competition handgun that worth the cost?
=D I'm really looking forward to my next collection here so I would appreciate any opinion.
The Beretta, all the way.
Phenomenal trigger, easy to maintain and service, dead nuts accurate, and this design sucks up a lot of the recoil.
👍👍👍👍👍
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR