JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the Ronin shooters belt, its stiff enough, for I.W.B holster, as well as drop leg SERPA blackhawk holster,,but you have to thread it thru your belt loops before you put your pants on, because the latching mechanism, is a little wider than my jean loops. The latching mechanism seems good , will not become detached accidently, because you got to push both latches top and bottom for it to disconnect.
just my .02 cents.

If by "latching mechanism" you are referring the Cobra Buckle, it was not designed to thread through belt loops, the inner Velcro Loop lined belt is suppose to be threaded through the belt loops then the outer Cobra Buckle belt is adhered to the inner belt via it's own inside Hook Velcro.

good to know. I bought a 1.75 belt a while ago on a whim and found it fit none of my civilian holsters.

CCW holster belt slots will typically be 1.25"-1.75" (sometimes 1" but rare). I use a 1.75" and have no problem with quality holster manufacturer's have them available, many of my holster came with multiple size loops or are at least available for change out, some IWB loops are adjustable. I mostly use RCS and Dale Fricke Holsters.

Negative Ghost Rider. Your response did not amuse me so NO BELTS FOR YOU!! Feel free to try again though. We award points here for actually being funny. :D:p:D:p
AWWW... you hurt my feelings!

Seriously tho, what's the gimmick?
I've never considered suspension wear so indepthly. I feel like I may be missing the point.

Will this belt change my life for the better?

Wait... are you talking pants, underwear, or belts here? o_O

I dress for the occasion...

Basically I'm a cheap bast'rd. My belts are utilitarian and inexpensive. Cheap ones, no matter what they cost, are useless.
I have friends with $25K Rolexes, and a business acquaintance who wears a $38K watch that looks gay, and cannot for the life of me figure out why. But, they have the bank, and they can. I bought one watch with a sapphire crystal for $150. I've had it for ~12 years now, and except for batteries, it keeps on going. Before that one, I would destroy a watch every two years or so.

I hear ya. A lotta guys love watches and spend a lot of money on them. I think at this point that G Shocks have ruined me for all other watches. I beat the hell out of them. If I ever did wear a Rolex, I'd probably either smash it or drown it because I'm so used to being able to with the G Shock. And whenever I look at the price of them I always think, "now how many guns could I buy with that money instead?"

But we all have our things that we like and are willing to spend money on. For women it's shoes. For men, it may be watches, or knives, or cars, etc. I've had plenty of people look at me like I was insane when they ask how much my Wilson CQB cost. We all have our things. And I can quit at any time!! :D

AWWW... you hurt my feelings!

Seriously tho, what's the gimmick?
I've never considered suspension wear so indepthly. I feel like I may be missing the point.

Will this belt change my life for the better?

I dress for the occasion...

I apologize. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. :)

As for changing your life for the better, it MIGHT. It just depends on your needs.

I like a stiff belt and believe it can make a world of difference for everyday concealed carry. However, most people carry a small to mid size gun like a Shield and a spare mag perhaps. So you may be able to get away with a much less rigid belt. But if you're carrying a 5 inch steel 1911 and a couple mags, a good stiff belt can really help.

Then there is range time/class time where you may be carrying a full size pistol, two pistol mags, two AR mags, a knife, an IFAC, a light, etc...and you may be running around and moving a lot. In that type of situation a good stiff belt that doesn't move around on you is absolutely critical. Not to mention that it can be challenging trying to thread all that gear in-between your belt loops...and/or getting it positioned in the right place but you can't because there is a stupid belt loop in the way.

In the above range scenario, a two belt system can be great. The inner belt anchors the outer belt so it doesn't shift and move on you. And it allows you to position gear exactly where you need to without having to worry about belt loops. You can also quickly remove your gear if you want to take a break or if you want to run out and grab lunch.

I hear ya. A lotta guys love watches and spend a lot of money on them. I think at this point that G Shocks have ruined me for all other watches. I beat the hell out of them. If I ever did wear a Rolex, I'd probably either smash it or drown it because I'm so used to being able to with the G Shock. And whenever I look at the price of them I always think, "now how many guns could I buy with that money instead?"

But we all have our things that we like and are willing to spend money on. For women it's shoes. For men, it may be watches, or knives, or cars, etc. I've had plenty of people look at me likere I was insane when they ask how much my Wilson CQB cost. We all have our things. And I can quit at any time!! :D
Old memories : The Rolex watches do smash - my friend had a mishap and his crystal and watch face were broken. He took it back to the jeweler, they sent it to Switzerland, and it was rebuilt, no charge. He got a kick telling me about how well they were built and the serial numbers inside, etc., and laughed because they kept horrible time. According to him, my Casio was more accurate. I was astounded.
Now I remember why both men wore such expensive watches: in social situations, people look at your shoes and watch, and judge you. Gold Presidents make a pretty flashy statement. Excuse the hijack....

I forgive you. LoL

I guess I didn't consider a belt for competitions. I would probably just show up in some GI web gear for those sorts of things.
For the amount of money this belt costs, I would probably have Ted Blocker make me a custom holster, belt and mag holsters. Would be about the same cost in the end.

I have worn the same Filson double leather belt every day for 12 years (I think) it is still very stiff and holds my jeans open making them easy to get on. It has supported countless pistols and knives over the years. All this tacticool stuff is designed to make you open your wallet. If I need web gear, I still use what was issued to me over 20 years ago. Even that looks stupid on a civilian.........now for the important stuff. That very belt will accompany me the next 3 days fishing and watching for a bear on the Lochsa river.

Last Edited:
Honestly, unless you need that specialized buckle and d ring of the senshi belt, I'd save a little cash and buy the shooters belt. It's the same belt but with the standard Cobra buckle. I bought one for carbine classes and other training. I think a lot of people here don't quite understand the differences between these belts. This is a bit more specialized. They are made in the USA by Veterans. Thats something I can support and have.

Honestly, unless you need that specialized buckle and d ring of the senshi belt, I'd save a little cash and buy the shooters belt. It's the same belt but with the standard Cobra buckle. I bought one for carbine classes and other training. I think a lot of people here don't quite understand the differences between these belts. This is a bit more specialized. They are made in the USA by Veterans. Thats something I can support and have.

That doesn't appear to be correct based on this video from Ronin. According to the video...the Warriors Belt and the Shooters belt are made from the same webbing which isn't as stiff as what is used on the Senshi Belt. The Senshi belt uses a "weaved" material and is stiffer...and the Task Force Belt is supposedly made from the same material as the Senshi. My guess is that the Shooters Belt and the Warriors belt are made from regular webbing and the Senshi and Task Force belts are made from scuba webbing...but that's just a guess.

Ronin Tactics "Gunfighter" Belt Setup

I have one of the Senshi belts. They are very stiff and of high quality. With that being said , they are a specialized item for quick draw pistol and the likes. Definitely not a daily use belt or for concealed carry. The only drawback I've found is the inner Velcro belt is very wide, making finding pants that fit difficult. I usually wear the carhart work pants and they are tight in the loops with them. Once in place though the belt doesn't move at all. The actual outer belt is thin and very comfortable over the wider war belts. 20170922_194412.jpg With the right holster combination it makes a very practical shooting and competition belt.

I have one of the Senshi belts. They are very stiff and of high quality. With that being said , they are a specialized item for quick draw pistol and the likes. Definitely not a daily use belt or for concealed carry. The only drawback I've found is the inner Velcro belt is very wide, making finding pants that fit difficult. I usually wear the carhart work pants and they are tight in the loops with them. Once in place though the belt doesn't move at all. The actual outer belt is thin and very comfortable over the wider war belts. View attachment 392970 With the right holster combination it makes a very practical shooting and competition belt.

Thanks. And yes, it's definitely a range belt or similar. Do note that there are a lot of companies out there that make inner velcro belts if you ever wanted to replace it with a 1.75" velcro belt. Shouldn't be too hard to find one. I think they usually run in the $20-$40 range. Give or take. :)

Personally I love my Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC belt. It has a special cobra buckle that fits through your belt loops so you don't have to disassemble it just to get your belt on and off. Shipping is lightning fast and prices are not bad either.

Blue Alpha Gear

The owner states in his video that the belts are identical except for the buckle. Go to this link...Ronin Tactics "SENSHI" Belt and go to the 2:20 mark. it's the 2nd video of the 3 at this page: Belts.

Just a follow up to this because the videos are a bit conflicting. The video I linked to suggests that the Senshi and TF belts are stiffer. Your video implies that they're all the sam. Confusing, right?

Anyway, so I asked Ronin directly on this and here was Tu's (Owner's) response... :)

Yes- our top line belts (TF and Senshi) uses a special weave material that makes the belt one of the more stiff belts on the market today. The warriors and shooters are made from normal webbing material like most tactical belts on the market. All great belts but the material and stiffness if the difference.

Does anyone have any of these belts? In particular, I'm trying to get a feel for how stiff the G Code belt is. I know the two Ronin belts are super stiff (that's what SHE said!) :D.

And any other thoughts or comments are appreciated...aside from, "holy hell those Ronin belts are expensive!!" o_O Trust me, I noticed.

Belts

Contact Series Operator's Belt 1.75"

Which belt did you end up with?

With all of the cr@p I have to carry around I need something more like Batman's utility belt. It's harder than you think to tuck away that can of shark repellent spray.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top