JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All right folks, Caveman wants to go fishing Thursday or Friday because the weather is looking outstanding for both those days.
So let's practice developing a cough and get your employer on speed dial to call from the ramp so we can make this trip happen.:p:p:p

I'm serious, where is your sense of adventure???

Last Edited:
Well Dayummm, no bites for an epic day on the water this week, eh, y'all must have had to work... tisk tisk...:oops:

Well then if that was your excuse for this week, how about tomorrow it's a Saturday. Now you have no excuse after slaving your life away all week for a tyrant of a boss, you got to have some downtime.:s0139::s0139::s0139:

Oh I get it now, you guys are afraid of getting put to work on the FV: Bloody Deck, eh??? Well it's not as bad as some will say. I'm an equal opportunity captain, meaning I don't care if I put kids and women to work on the boat, everybody has to pull their weight with effort. I get it...:p:p:p

If I hadn't moved away last fall, I would be seriously considering joining you this spring, brother. I can't tell you how much it means to me hearing about you taking members out for some quality water time, especially after the year we all had. You're a hero in my book. Thanks for the stories, and always look forward to more.
:s0090:

If I hadn't moved away last fall, I would be seriously considering joining you this spring, brother. I can't tell you how much it means to me hearing about you taking members out for some quality water time, especially after the year we all had. You're a hero in my book. Thanks for the stories, and always look forward to more.
:s0090:

I've been fortunate to learn from some of the greatest fisherman in the Pacific Northwest and I am grateful that I can pay it back with my experience on the water. To me it's a humble feeling I get when I take a newbie gun owner or kid to the range for their first time, it just gives me a sense of pride to give them an experience that they will remember forever.

On another note, I've always been one that wanted to stay entertained, I get bored really easy so I decided that when I retired I was going to get all the play toys I'd been wanting during my working life to keep me active and not so bored...:p
Well the side by side and Toyhauler are in the works so it's something to look forward to down the road.;)

Last Edited:
Alright, I'll let y'all in on a little secret about how I alert those on board the FV: BLOODY DECK when they're not paying attention to the sticks...

94B7AB03-B1BD-48A1-A9EB-FA4626F73445.jpeg

Y'all better get your spots reserved early, this year is gonna be epic!!!

Jim
I need to hook bsck up with you for Masons Birthday in June. Durring the week works best for me, less traffic on the lake and a reason to take a day off of work.
We had a great time last June and you put us right on the fish.

Found some bad news... TPU (Tacoma Power) has lowered the lake so low that the boat ramps are unusable till into May!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
So I may fish Mayfield lake but I am a newbie and will have to do some research to get proficient at finding those buggers and ripping some lips there...

*Riffe Lake boat launch availability as of April 8: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to provide an exact date at this time as to when the Riffe Lake boat launches will be available again. Our operations are based on balancing multiple factors, such as maintaining downstream flows for fish, energy grid reliability, power load demands, and recreation needs, all while ensuring public safety. The reservoir level is currently lower than normal for three reasons:

• Inflows into Riffe Lake in March were well below average due to a combination of drier weather and unseasonably cold temperatures. These trends have continued into April. The colder temperatures have led to snowpack levels of 140% of normal. This is much higher than what we typically experience at this time. In anticipation of the runoff in May/June, we plan to keep Riffe Lake at approximately 705 feet or lower throughout April.
  • We have a construction project at the Barrier Dam at the Cowlitz Salmon Hatchery this summer. The work will require us to keep our water releases lower than usual for a portion of the construction project. We need to leave room in the reservoir to capture inflows from runoff and precipitation since the amount of water we can release will be limited during that time.
  • In the interest of public safety, we are still operating at a long-term lower general level while we evaluate alternatives to address potential seismic impacts to Mossyrock Dam's spillway piers.
If we see major changes in the weather during April, we may be able to refill the reservoir sooner, but at this point, it appears that the boat launches will likely not be available until we see the runoff in May.

Here are the usable elevation levels:

• Mossyrock Park boat launch: The short lane closes around 723 feet; the long lane around 708 feet. The dock is pulled out around 721 feet.
  • Taidnapam North boat launch: Closes around 719 feet. The dock is pulled out around 731 feet.
The Mayfield Lake Park boat launch is not affected and remains open.

All righty then, which one of you are going to develop a wimpy cough, runny nose and slight temp tonight?
Give me a holler if you get the ok from your boss or wife to let you off for the morning and meet me at the boat launch in Mossyrock Park...;)
Let's git to fishin!!!

Last Edited:
I've installed a new FF/GPS that can show you your next catch in real time, wait for it, wait... NOW set the hook!!! :s0143::s0143::s0143:

E71CCF2E-E638-4AE7-9916-3814E600A395.jpeg

New line counter reels with super fast retrieve it's almost warp speed.... :eek: :eek::eek:

Port side Diawa Lexa left hand retrieve reels

A31EF48B-8E17-4991-B09B-28816F1FC995.jpeg

Starboard side Diawa Lexa right hand retrieve reels
E2292438-0E68-43EE-9F7A-04E6DAF5EEEB.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've installed a new FF/GPS that can show you your next catch in real time, wait for it, wait... NOW set the hook!!! :s0143::s0143::s0143:

821226-820e0002f8c662a6a58f4eab5654e4df.jpg
Wifey and I do that when we're perch fishing. Sit there watching the screen while holding the rod. Seeing the bait on the hook near the bottom. An orange blob appears, get bit, set hook and fish on. That's from and old Lowrance x102c 15, or so, years old.

Around 8am

I have one on the hook for tomorrow morning call mom @ThomasGunne comes through yet again in a pinch.
I sent him this meme, guess it sealed the deal.

View attachment 883149

Your a Bad As-s Jim! Still up at 9:17pm and looking at the board 5:52 AM. I wish I could have that gumption back.

Good luck today and come back with a story, if you're not too tired.

Your a Bad As-s Jim! Still up at 9:17pm and looking at the board 5:52 AM. I wish I could have that gumption back.

Good luck today and come back with a story, if you're not too tired.
If you've been paying attention to any of my post lately you would know that I have a stomach bug and I do a lot of my online stuff on my throne, so there's that. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top