JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bucket list includes a fishing trip with Caveman!!!

You ought to do that! Oh, to be a fly on the gunnel for that trip. :D You best be careful though. This side of the state could be pretty strange, and maybe uncomfortable for an looong time East-sider.

Last Edited:
You ought to do that! Oh, to be a fly on the gunnel for that trip. :D You best be carful though. This side of the satate could be pretty strange, and maybe uncomfortable for an looong time East-sider.

If I had a carful, I probably would be statiatiated! :D

But a boatful would be betteroski...

Did I mention that I have a fully enclosed top with a nice heater and all the bait and tackle??? Just bring a cooler and something to snack on (Caveman loves a good homemade sammich) for a 1/2 day trip.
After the Holidays I'm going to be fishing Riffe Lake a lot because my once favorite rivers are closed to fishing from a boat...:mad::mad::mad:

c'mon then!

I keep telling myself "One of these days". I try to get psyched about fishing, like I used to, but it's not the same anymore. Unfortunately I'm sort of going the way my dad did when he was younger than me even. It's come to be more work than I want to do. Except when I wake up to this view when we're on vaca for three weeks.

1610482815473.png

My Dad, in the middle, and his fishin buddies off Long Island (he's gone now).
Photos&Scans 406.jpg

Long ago, but what I'd like right now... the canals at Tampa, FL for sea trout.
Photos&Scans 450.jpg

Can't find my Cabo marlin pics but this is the view that appeals in January:
before-we-brought-this.jpg

Or this:
Oh yeah.jpg

Just got back from Riffe Lake a few hours ago, started at 8 am and it was rough as Hell first thing this morning with 20 mile per hour winds and 3-4 foot wind waves. Thank God that it laid down nicely and we limited out by one.

If anyone thinks that ole caveman can't catch fish during the worst of times in rough weather think again, I've got a witness that went with me this morning for the white knuckle ride...:p:p:p
Thanks for braving the elements this morning @Thomas_Gunne, you did a fine job in the wheel house while I was on deck riding the bull....;)
Always good to have you aboard anytime brother.

CC6B056B-4891-4B87-BEDD-B16F5FA339AF.jpeg

333B196E-B5D1-499C-80F3-96989A427D8A.jpeg

917019C7-8657-4D40-873B-492718FCEE53.jpeg

B81627F3-21F0-4996-AEDE-46960C18783A.jpeg

If anyone thinks that ole caveman can't catch fish during the worst of times in rough weather think again, I've got a witness that went with me this morning for the white knuckle ride...:p:p:p
You beat me to the post! Time for a fishing story: Once upon a time 2 idiots had a lake all to themselves. Why you ask? Because sane people looked the freaking waves and went home! We however weren't going to let a little hurricane stop us from a limit. This is America and when the wind blows, patriots give the 1 finger salute and head out into the abyss come hell or 3 foot waves.

Seriously though that was the most exhilarating day I've had in years. I don't know how in the hell you stayed on your feet and ran those downriggers and poles with the way that boat was getting tossed. I guarantee nobody could get a sheet of paper between my buttcheeks with the clench I had going. Holy spit... Still laughing my bubblegum off. Thanks for the adventure, brother! That is one fishing trip I will never forget!! Spectacular fish to boot... Salute!! :s0071:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top