JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and the people who walk around with a rifle slung across their chest judging by many of the comments . Especially the ones who do this while wearing tactical gear.
Fortunately I have never had the pleasure of seeing this (except in the military and in pictures) and hopefully I never do.
All of the OC I see on people is typically well carried, snug and actually hard to notice.
The only exception was about a year ago with a 'character' in an LGS in Bend I was in.
He looked like a reject from a 'Swamp People' show audition, with a dialect about the same but the most 'striking' feature on him were two long barreled revolvers in ragged leather holsters hanging low off his hips and kind of pointing toward one another E.G. in fine spaghetti western style.
It was quite obvious he was working hard to garner the attention of anyone who would take notice but I left before I got 'cornered' by him.

Not that I'm an A$$hole, but I don't like random people talking to me. I like to be left alone. We're all different.

I would ignore someone who noticed if I was carrying because of slight print and wanted to talk to me about what type of gun I am carrying.

I was in the bathroom pinching a loaf the other day, and the guy in the next stall says "man those are awesome boots". I ignored him. Then he asked, "are those real leather"? I still ignored him. When I got out the stall to wash my hands, he was out by another sink. He didn't seem to like how I ignored him, maybe he won't talk to people while taking a crap.

Seems like a lot of people call other people Aholes because the "Ahole" wont conform to their wants, needs, or interactions.

Last Edited:
Not that I'm an A$$hole, but I don't like random people talking to me. I like to be left alone. We're all different.

I conceal carry and would ignore someone who noticed I was carrying because of slight print and wanted to talk to me about what type of gun I am carrying.

I was in the bathroom pinching a loaf the other day, and the guy in the next stall says "man those are awesome boots". I ignored him. Then he asked, "are those real leather"? I still ignored him. When I got out the stall to wash my hands, he was out by another sink. He didn't seem to like how I ignored him, maybe he won't talk to people while taking a crap.

Seems like a lot of people call other people Aholes because the "Ahole" wont conform to their wants, needs, or interactions.
Now that one would make me cringe too. I would not want to talk to some family member when using the crapper much less some total stranger, ewww.
I well remember when cell phones first came along. First time I ever got a call I was on the damn crapper in some public spot :eek:

c1d.jpg

OK....let me remember a bit.

Story Time.

It was the late 1970s and it was my first trip to Las Vegas since the mid 60's. Mind you that in the 60s I was too young to own a firearm. But, now that I was old enough.....I could check out the firearms at the local LV gun shops. I was excited to see and explore.

I parked my rental vehicle in the store's parking lot. Then, another vehicle pulled up kind of quickly. Hummmm......I think I'll pull back a bit and see what happens. OMG!!! That guy who just pulled up had a holstered M1911 strapped to his hip. He's sort of moving fast towards the gun shop's door. Maybe.....it's a robbery? I better hold back some more. So, I continued watching. After a short while......I figured it was safe enough to go inside.

Nothing unusual was happening. Hummm......

Oh wait a minute.........

"Open Carry"

OMG! FREEDOM, feels so much different from Hawaii's version.

And I guess it could wait but, I also have a story about the first time I saw a rifle in a rack in a pickup truck.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class