JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my travels around the Lapine area I see a lot of OC and quite frankly some of the holster/gun combos defy comprehension.

I see guns in in poorly fitted holsters, weird carry angles and some that look like they are about to fall out. Some are so 'out there' with excessive grip angles that would make it very easy for someone to try to take it.

I realize OC is a controversial issue but many obviously do not take it very seriously.

Picking a good holster and finding a comfortable grip angle takes a lot of patience. Most of us don't get it right the first time. Ask around and you'll find that a lot of members here have a drawer full of holsters that didn't quite work. I'll bet I have more holsters that haven't been worn in a decade than I do that have. Some of them I'll never wear again. I used to bring them to classes to show students what not to buy.

Also, I'm told I wear hats wrong, but I DGAF. :D

4BD68E56-3F78-4EC5-AE87-68470AA71BBD.jpeg

In my travels around the Lapine area I see a lot of OC and quite frankly some of the holster/gun combos defy comprehension.

I see guns in in poorly fitted holsters, weird carry angles and some that look like they are about to fall out. Some are so 'out there' with excessive grip angles that would make it very easy for someone to try to take it.

I realize OC is a controversial issue but many obviously do not take it very seriously.
Im not against open carry, but I suspect that the vast majority that do open carry are clueless of the ramifications of open carry and proper holster selection. This doesnt help the cause of gun rights at all id even say it hurts the cause.

One of the problems with carrying a gun (open or concealed) is there is no defined or codified standard in holsters. For every "real" legit holster, there is a ton of crappy holsters out there. The question is how to get the message out on whats a legit holster and when open carry is appropriate?

Im not against open carry, but I suspect that the vast majority that do open carry are clueless of the ramifications of open carry and proper holster selection. This doesnt help the cause of gun rights at all id even say it hurts the cause.

One of the problems with carrying a gun (open or concealed) is there is no defined or codified standard in holsters. For every "real" legit holster, there is a ton of crappy holsters out there. The question is how to get the message out on whats a legit holster and when open carry is appropriate?
People also drive like crap, misspell stuff constantly and eat things that don't belong within a hundred yards of a plate. It's the human condition. You don't have to fix them.

OK, you really should correct bad spelling and grammar, but the rest, meh.

:D

People also drive like crap, misspell stuff constantly and eat things that don't belong within a hundred yards of a plate. It's the human condition. You don't have to fix them.

OK, you really should correct bad spelling and grammar, but the rest, meh.

:D
wait wut?
Meh speling and grammar didnt show up int eh spell chkr thingy....

Why would you carry your spare magazine in a "Strong side" pocket, or own a holster with the magazine pouch attached to it? :s0092:
I also would never own a holster that had the holstered piece pointed at my body. :rolleyes:

If we talked about what people did that was dumb and/or could be improved, we'd be talking until we all died of old age (or exhaustion/dehydration if we didn't take breaks).

As long as someone is acting morally, and not negligently harming others as a result of their ignorance, it's frustrating, but ultimately harmless.

It's difficult dealing with the public, in general, when you are at least a standard deviation beyond the bell curve populace IQ, but, again, see above.

If you care to try to educate others, and that really can be a challenge. You can give them some suggestions.

If I encountered this guy I'd say "hey, nice shotgun, I'm looking at it and it seems like it is about to fall and hit the ground, I really recommend a scabbard like this (shows him the $20 scabbard image that could molle to his pack or be slung on his shoulder). And leave it with, "have a nice day."

You don't have to fix people the moment you meet them, you can just plant a seed of an idea and they'll fix themselves if there is any hope for them.

If I encountered this guy I'd say "hey, nice shotgun, I'm looking at it and it seems like it is about to fall and hit the ground, I really recommend a scabbard like this (shows him the $20 scabbard image that could molle to his pack or be slung on his shoulder). And leave it with, "have a nice day."

You don't have to fix people the moment you meet them, you can just plant a seed of an idea and they'll fix themselves if there is any hope for them.
there-you-go-with-that-nerd-talk-again.jpg

This is what I might expect as a response, in that instance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top