JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On September 8, 2009, United States District Judge Bruce D. Black of the United States District Court for New Mexico entered summary judgment in a civil case for damages against Alamogordo, NM police officers. The Judge's straight shootin' message to police: Leave open carriers alone unless you have "reason to believe that a crime [is] afoot."

I understand Dave. However, I am not using it as legal precedent. The argument can be made before the court in the same verbage as the attorney for Casad and the case should be a win.

Point taken.

It might be prudent to find someone on one of the forums..an attorney...who could request/petition whatever that the Casad ruling be published.

That would solve a whole lotta problems.

I was off in the hinterlands for the weekend. Looks like people were busy, and this thread has been interesting!
:s0155:

OK Mr Workman,I'm glad you wrote a book.Kudos to you.
And gogoDawgs,you seem to have the law down.

Now you 2 have done your home work and as with most haven't even really read what we have been saying.

I can't speak for gogodawgs, but I DID read the thread.
I've read what is being said. Don't ever presume that I haven't read what is being written.

I'm neither defending nor criticizing Mr. Brewster for not quickly providing ID to the policeman. I can see both sides of the issue.
The curios cop wants to know who this guy is.
The armed citizen doesn't feel compelled to provide "his papers" to the police.

Opinions on the situation vary.

;)

Point taken.

It might be prudent to find someone on one of the forums..an attorney...who could request/petition whatever that the Casad ruling be published.

I was off in the hinterlands for the weekend. Looks like people were busy, and this thread has been interesting!

I agree, I will do some more homework. I am afraid it probably isn't that easy.

Point taken.

Any early season prizes to bring home?

OK Mr Workman,I'm glad you wrote a book.Kudos to you.
And gogoDawgs,you seem to have the law down.

Now you 2 have done your home work and as with most haven't even really read what we have been saying.

The jist of what has been said here by some is why not just hand him your ID? Who cares?

Wouldn't it be easier to hand him your license and CCP (to show you HAVE PASSED a backround check and are a good citizen) so he can just go on his way?

As with Dave, I have read the thread. Every word, otherwise I would not respond.

People who care if you are demanded to ID yourself for NOT BREAKING THE LAW. Rosa Parks, Jesse Jackson, Every Jew in Europe, 56 Signers of the Declaration of Independence, young black men in Harlem, American Citizens of Hispanic descent in Arizona...

YES, it would be easier to hand him your license (allthough he was not driving) and CPL. But the road to freedom is not always the easy road.

Don't open carry, problem solved. Conceal carry owns open carry any day of the week.

What is interesting, and I say this after 19 years of concealed carry only...

Those who CC will universally say that OC is not the way to go....

While those who OC will say that you should have a choice.....

I guess I stand for freedom to choose how I live my life and not determine how you live yours.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Same old one liners that CC only guys use. Remember, for 19 years I thought that way too. One liners do not defend your position, ask a liberal, they have many one liners. For example; "It's Bush's fault", "Common Sense Gun Laws", "Hope, Change"

If you never exercise your right to peaceablly assemble, does the right still exist?

Please expand on what you mean. Did Rosa Parks "F" up equal rights?

Did "Chris" in Arizona "F" it up by openly carrying a pistol and an AR to an Obama healthcare event lasy year?

You should run for office. You seem to be pretty full of rhetoric. Why is it that some people choose to compare apples to porcupines? Rosa Parks? Give me a break.....

Good night now.

Why walk around with your gun in plain site, for all to see? How hard would it be for some psycho to walk up behind you, club you in the head, and grab your gun? Not very hard at all. I never understood the logic of open carry, legal or not legal, it seems that it can and does cause more harm than good.

The nail that sticks out the furthest gets hammered. And walking around with a gun on your hip in plain sight is asking to get hammered.

Why walk around with your gun in plain site, for all to see? How hard would it be for some psycho to walk up behind you, club you in the head, and grab your gun? Not very hard at all. I never understood the logic of open carry, legal or not legal, it seems that it can and does cause more harm than good.

The nail that sticks out the furthest gets hammered. And walking around with a gun on your hip in plain sight is asking to get hammered.

Target or no target - it shouldn't be an issue. The issue here is why do we even need these laws in the first place. If I go hiking in the woods and my coat covers my "open carried" gun then technically I need a CPL and am potentially subject to harassment by an over zealous LEO.

All the controversy over "printing" is another wasted effort.

The whole thing is a big gray area. The fundamental issue at hand is why do we require law abiding citizens to jump through all these hoops when it is plainly obvious that criminals are not going to jump through these hoops.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top