JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted a deal about a "Man with a gun" police call in Twin Falls Idaho a while back. The police did not show up and shoot the guy like they would have in Detroit or LA, they showed up and had a conversation with the guy and determined he was doing nothing wrong and he went on his way with his multiple long guns he was packing down the street.

So on the way over here,I got excited to get here and couldn't wait for the roads to clear. I took off about 8am and hit some ice.....now this is after making it thru 4th of July pass and Lookout Pass....and hit a double grain truck. Completely totaling my Dodge. Bent the frame and all (kinda heavy for some reason I guess)
It was around Superior Mt. I had 2 hand guns under the console of the truck
I went to the Mt state trooper and told him I wanted to retrieve the guns,he kinda didn't really care at all, "everyone has guns around here... "

Sure there is.
While you are walking to or from a gun store,walking on public land to a hunting area,walking on public land to a duck blind,walking on the sidewalk to go between your house and your vehicle......get the idea?
It is getting worse for us and any time you have zealots trying to push a point,it will not further any cause.
It will never be OK ,in metropolitan areas to just walk around with your rifle on your back.
East of the Cascades? Probably not a big deal

And this is where we disagree. I think you can carry a long gun respectfully in public for a political nature (for any lawful reason really) without being an bubblegum. Whether your an bubblegum greatly depends on the manner in which you hold yourself and the manner in which you hold your firearm.

Eagle

"An Armed Society, is a Polite Society"

With that said, up above, some body spoke of open carrying & into a Gun Shop.

Nope.

Politeness would and always is the key. All the Gun shops I walk into, my long gun is cased, and hand guns the same.

That is Polite. To all within the store. Especially those three clerks who carry, locked and cocked... Once in a while there is only two, as one still does "private contractor operations" overseas...

The issue, always, is be Polite, but be ready to defend yourself, all the same.

In the case of the Obliviot, with the Dark Duster coat, and evil look on his face, coming out of the Salem State Office... He could hardly have made a worse appearance, Well, he could have Camo'd his face gung-ho, rah rah team... But really, the Duster coat was chosen, just like his AR Pistol, on sling... And that Single Picture, IMHO, did more Damage than all the good that was done combined... Net Worth of the Rally, Negative Points ...

And as others pointed out: it is image, appearance 100% he did all in his power, to look bad. Period.

Wrong. Period.

Just my opinion, its worth the same weight as everyone else's... Nada!

philip :confused:

"An Armed Society, is a Polite Society"

In the case of the Obliviot, with the Dark Duster coat, and evil look on his face, coming out of the Salem State Office... He could hardly have made a worse appearance, Well, he could have Camo'd his face gung-ho, rah rah team... But really, the Duster coat was chosen, just like his AR Pistol, on sling... And that Single Picture, IMHO, did more Damage than all the good that was done combined... Net Worth of the Rally, Negative Points ...

Got a link to this image? I haven't seen it and I'd like to.

Meanwhile, thanks all for a stimulating discussion.

OC legislation moving in Texas

Much-sought legislation making open carry of sidearms once more legal in Texas – it has been prohibited since the post-Civil War era – passed the state Senate yesterday and there is considerable discussion lately about the pros and cons that have become part of the overall right to keep and bear arms debate.

<broken link removed>

Got a link to this image? I haven't seen it and I'd like to.

Meanwhile, thanks all for a stimulating discussion.

OC legislation moving in Texas

Much-sought legislation making open carry of sidearms once more legal in Texas – it has been prohibited since the post-Civil War era – passed the state Senate yesterday and there is considerable discussion lately about the pros and cons that have become part of the overall right to keep and bear arms debate.

<broken link removed>

Dave, Page 1, post 11.... Was spoken of in several posts and threads, besides this one... The dude definetly needs a Camp LeJune Slumber Party, bring your own bar of soap, and one Sock....

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/open-carry-by-massad-ayoob.192561/#post-1237202

philip.... In Eugene VA BHOC.waiting for his Primary Care... :rolleyes:

http://reason.com/brickbat/2015/03/16/id-like-to-teach-the-world-to-sing

excerpt:

" Lorenz, who then called police. Multiple officers responded to the call and quickly determined Wade was lawfully carrying the weapon. And then the concert went off without a hitch. Nah. University of Michigan, Flint, musician Brian DeBlassio took it upon himself to photograph Wade. After the concert ended, he tried to get everyone's attention and pointed out Wade. Later, DeBlassio posted Wade's photo and identifying information online. "

While I take note of my surrounding area... Someone walks in to the Wall Mart... With a AK.
It don't matter if its on the back or spitting lead.. I'm taking myself and family out of the store hand at the ready. At a rally? Well.. OK... I got mine and you got yours pease and love bro. Rolling around town with battle rifle "at the ready" no need... That's how I view the 2nd, if I have the need to carry concealed then I will (and do) Showing every one I'm armed gives dirt bags the tactical advantage. You won't see it coming and bad guy gets new gun..... Just sayingo_O

To the general public, that image instantly calls to mind Columbine, Virginia Tech, and Newtown. When an otherwise obviously smart and articulate poster says the officer confronting such a person with hand on service pistol is the one being provocative, I can only say "Wow…just…wow."

Wow... just...wow. Mas Ayoob even has the liberal shock lingo down. I'm so shocked and awed.

[QUOTE="WasrNwarpaint, post: 1237234, member: 19829"<snip>
..Im worried about your attitude what do you need to walk down my street with a loaded AK for?.....
give me good & logical reason you need THE RIGHT to walk down my street with a loaded AK....Ill give you a better reason I may need to pop you

YOU WALK DOWN MY STREET WITH A LOADED AK YOU ARE INFRINGING ON ME SO I DONT GIVE A RATS A$$ WHAT YOU WANT.......stop trying to loose my rights to bear arms[/QUOTE]

Apparently you live, or perhaps are kept, in a gated community.

It's as simple as this.

I live 10 blocks or so from a big high school. 2000 + students.

I am as pro gun as it gets. I am pro open carry, pro second amendment right down to "Molon Laba".

You see a guy walk past by my house loaded down with gear, holstered handgun and packing a rifle headed towards the school.

Is your first thought "hey! There goes a fellow gun enthusiast exercising his constitutional right to carry! Good for him!"

I bet not...

I bet you call the cops and say "hey man there is a guy armed to the teeth marching towards the school"

Many if you would say "well I wouldn't call the cops! He is well within his rights!" Fair enough, How do you feel about those rights if 5 minutes later he guns down 20 kids? Would you call next time?

That's the thing, We are pro gun and we don't know what someone's intent is. I think you have a right to pack a "evil" black gun anyplace you damn well please. I also think for the most part it's a really stupid idea.

Well said.

Being caught up in "rights" seems to make some people lose sight of what's just plain right and wrong. And for those of you that posted that seeing a guy walking around with his AK/AR in low ready wouldn't bother you.....do you all assume that a man with a gun isn't a threat? Unless I know the person really well and trust them, I assume ANY MAN WITH A GUN IS A POSSIBLE THREAT.

As Ironmonster said " I think you have a right to pack a "evil" black gun anyplace you damn well please. I also think for the most part it's a really stupid idea."

Walking with a gun open carried or concealed in a school zone is illegal and asking for trouble.

As far as seeing people as threats if they are open carrying, i open carry a handgun when i go for walks with my wife and dog. Does that make me a threat to you? Id hate to have to shoot someone trying to shoot me just because i have a gun on my hip while im walking with my wife and dog.

Oh bother ...

You'll have to explain your comment ... as I'm pretty sure Mas Ayoob has neither the legal standing or personal desire to "require you to get permission to exercise a right [that] is yours"....

You may of course disagree with Ayoob's POV that "in your face open carrying" of a rifle is foolish and harmful to the 2A cause, but suggesting that he or any of us who agree with him are bowing down to the anti-gunners is just plain ole silly and without merit.

Ignoring the reality of what happened in California and businesses like Starbucks that previously allowed open carry, and no longer do because of zealots who behaved like angry children, is plain stupid. Keep up the good work.

Your faith in one who would require you to get permission to exercise a right is yours.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads