JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that a stabilizing brace on that LEO's rifle?
Not all LEOs are provided equipment, they have to buy their own. Mainly in many smaller towns or reserve officers, even around here it's that way. They some times get a monthly allocation to cover it.

Or they have the option to use their equipment over issued equipment if authorized.

If it is his privet gun he needs a tax stamp for an SBR, if issued by the agency probably not but the agency probably issues rifles and he wanted a shorter barreled firearm.

edit added
You know a shorter gun makes it easier to manipulate it in the back seat.....

Last Edited:
Not all LEOs are provided equipment, they have to buy their own. Mainly in many smaller towns or reserve officers, even around here it's that way. They some times get a monthly allocation to cover it.

Or they have the option to use their equipment over issued equipment if authorized.

If it is his privet gun he needs a tax stamp for an SBR, if issued by the agency probably not but the agency probably issues rifles and he wanted a shorter barreled firearm.

edit added
You know a shorter gun makes it easier to manipulate it in the back seat.....
even-i-can-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Apparently, the rifles are secured in the squad vehicles using a locking mechanism. The woman needed to press a special button to release it. But the button was labelled "GUN". Convenient for her.
I used to install all the equip in and on police vehicles, including the shotgun/rifle racks and the release buttons... never ever was I asked to label the button and usually it was in a somewhat obscure location, such as the side of the console instead of on top.

Not sure how a perp could even get to the release button if the roll bar had a proper screen or plexiglass divider in place!

Last Edited:
law enforcement arrest procedure is a little different down in those neck o the woods. It's very common for deputies to not even handcuff a prisoner who's otherwise compliant. Especially the more remote towns and counties, most of the cars don't even have cages and a lot of sheriffs deputies drive pickup trucks and will put their prisoners right there in the passenger seat. Uncuffed. No seatbelt. Sure you can smoke, just crack the window for me bud.

I'm not even exaggerating

They should have sent in the social workers, they could have leased up the big girl and took her to the pound.

That old boy took a round in the chest like a champ, good thing is wasn't a 9mm, it would have blown his lung out. I didn't catch whether or not they mentioned his condition at the hospital, hope he all good.

To a certain extent, the further you get from the big cities, the more things are like Mayberry. Not really like Mayberry, but closer.

It all has to do with the type of people there. More civility, and the crazies are a different type of crazy.

Unfortunately, as time goes on, the big city mentality is spreading. Rural areas are not quite like they were.

law enforcement arrest procedure is a little different down in those neck o the woods. It's very common for deputies to not even handcuff a prisoner who's otherwise compliant. Especially the more remote towns and counties, most of the cars don't even have cages and a lot of sheriffs deputies drive pickup trucks and will put their prisoners right there in the passenger seat. Uncuffed. No seatbelt. Sure you can smoke, just crack the window for me bud.

I'm not even exaggerating
^^^Truth. One time in OK I was on the side of the road in the middle of the night, this cop pulls over to check things out and I am blown away he did not have on a gun belt at all, couldn't even tell he was armed until he turned around and I saw it tucked in his waist band. Still see Crown Vics in use.

That old boy took a round in the chest like a champ, good thing is wasn't a 9mm, it would have blown his lung out. I didn't catch whether or not they mentioned his condition at the hospital, hope he all good.
She wasn't that far away either.

What does that say, if anything, about 5.56/.223?

Probably ice picked him with M855.
Good call. From Wikipedia:

In Iraq, troops that engaged insurgents at less than 150 yards found that M855 rounds did not provide enough stopping power. In addition to not causing lethal effects with two or more rounds...Because the M855 is yaw dependent it requires instability in flight to deform upon hitting the target. It is the most stable in flight between 150–350 m (164–383 yd), potentially lessening its effectiveness if it strikes an enemy between those distances.

I learned something today. Thanks!

To a certain extent, the further you get from the big cities, the more things are like Mayberry. Not really like Mayberry, but closer.

It all has to do with the type of people there. More civility, and the crazies are a different type of crazy.

Unfortunately, as time goes on, the big city mentality is spreading. Rural areas are not quite like they were.
I blame the internet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads