JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I sell something into Colorado and don't report it to them, how are they going to find out? If they find out, how are they going to come after me if I don't ever set foot in their state? :p

You Washington guys do know that when you buy something from out of state and don't pay sales tax that you are required to volunteer that info to the state and pay use tax in lew of sales tax? State law...

They regularly go after businesses for doing it, I don't know if they go after individuals but ordinary folks are still supposed to pay the use tax

They don't care enough to try to come after the people who are buying stuff. It would be a HUGE mess and would cost too much. When they first started this asking on line business to just pay the reason many balked was it would be a book keeping nightmare. Back then it was. Now there are rather simple programs to take care of it. So now it's just a matter of competition. One who does not tax is of course cheaper than one who does. The States are going to stay after this until they get it. It's just too much cash they want to get their hands on.

The States are going to stay after this until they get it. It's just too much cash they want to get their hands on.

Then they would spend that revenue responsibly right? If the "States" would spend there "TAXES" wisely like a buissness. They would not be searching for other ways to get into your pockets. They just keep going back to the well every time they come up with a new plan. Here some news for the politicians. The well is almost dry! If you ran a buisness like they run government, you would be bankrupt by now.

Then they would spend that revenue responsibly right? If the "States" would spend there "TAXES" wisely like a buissness. They would not be searching for other ways to get into your pockets. They just keep going back to the well every time they come up with a new plan. Here some news for the politicians. The well is almost dry! If you ran a buisness like they run government, you would be bankrupt by now.

Yes but sadly the local governments only do what they do with the voters support. A lot of people complain, then either don't bother to vote, or vote for the people who are screwing them.

Bunch of money-grubbing bastards. :mad:

Well at least I am in Oregon, and yet again (last election) the people rejected a sales tax in sheep's clothing.

During the last Great Depression, there were a lot of tax rebellions going on. I guess people don't appreciate governments still rolling in cash when they are standing in soup lines.

https://mises.org/system/tdf/15_3_4.pdf?file=1&type=document

Guess what will happen during the next one? The one that is sure to show up soon after all this government debt flattens their economic house of cards?

Taxes are theft, folks.

You Washington guys do know that when you buy something from out of state and don't pay sales tax that you are required to volunteer that info to the state and pay use tax in lew of sales tax? State law...

They regularly go after businesses for doing it, I don't know if they go after individuals but ordinary folks are still supposed to pay the use tax

Does this include the donations I made to the "Hack-A-Hillary" Putin fund? Or is that considered charity?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top