JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Register also posts a lot of satire; they're frequently like The Onion of the IT world. :)

With this one backed up by reputable source Deloitte, though, that's more than a tad worrying...

Well, this is all about tax revenue, and with the SC refusing to hear, the door is open for other states to follow suit. I expect the left coast to be first in line. Whether or not taxes are collected sometimes alters where I make online purchases from.

If all the states wanted was the sales tax, why do they need all the other data about the product? More invasion of privacy. I guess it's cash and barter if you don't want Big Brother watching over the shoulder.

Did anyone actually read the article? This thing isn't happening and nor did it mention collecting data other than monetary amounts. Jeeze.

The U.S. Supreme Court yesterday said it won't hear a Colorado internet sales tax collection case, which could lead to higher internet sales tax collections across the country.

The Associated Press reported that the court won't hear the case involving a 2010 Colorado state law that required internet retailers to notify customers and the state how much they owe in sales taxes.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just not comfortable clicking on that link. Denver omelet I understand, but not sure about the other. If you buy a Denver dildo do you automatically become a member of the mile high club? :D

Did anyone actually read the article? This thing isn't happening and nor did it mention collecting data other than monetary amounts.

I read it. The Supreme Court wouldn't hear the appeal, so the 10th Court ruling stands. Colorado will implement the law and other states will follow, starting with Vermont followed by Alabama, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wyoming.

I read it. The Supreme Court wouldn't hear the appeal, so the 10th Court ruling stands. Colorado will implement the law and other states will follow, starting with Vermont followed by Alabama, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wyoming.

Many retailers have been doing this for a while now. They started just to try to head off the "crap". They do not care what you are buying guys. They just want the tax cut. I have been buying equipment from Galls for 25 years or so. They some time back started collecting sales tax of everything I buy. They don't have a "presence" here so they don't have to. To me it was no big deal. There is a pile of money there on sales tax from internet sales. Every local Government NEVER had enough money to blow. You can count on all of them going after the sales tax from the stuff anyone buys.

Washington has a combined state and local sales tax of 8.9%. If they are losing that on internet sales, it is a huge amount of $. With more and more of us shopping on line, I can't believe that more states have not gone after the tax.

Washington has a combined state and local sales tax of 8.9%. If they are losing that on internet sales, it is a huge amount of $. With more and more of us shopping on line, I can't believe that more states have not gone after the tax.

Yep, the very same state that makes it a felony to Gamble online. You can't even participate in the online Fantasy Football Leagues. Because the state thinks that those sites are a game of chance and not skill.

You Washington guys do know that when you buy something from out of state and don't pay sales tax that you are required to volunteer that info to the state and pay use tax in lew of sales tax? State law...

They regularly go after businesses for doing it, I don't know if they go after individuals but ordinary folks are still supposed to pay the use tax

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top