JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a registry but one with no data set. Its literally a needle in a haystack search but that needle is there and some govn employee will pull 60k a year tracking it down, regardless of how long.

I guess my question is what happens when there is a data set? When I can look at it from all angles computers give, this is where I was going when I said sans internet.

Now you throw an algorithm on that due to 1 law change and what do you want to see? All gun purchases over 5+ by ex mil in last 10 years. All firearms purchased in WA state by people over 65. Would be endless, you get it

a registry has a data set, or its not a registry... manual or electronic. The current system has a manual data set. Slow yes, but not inefficient. It isn't so much about the manual system being so slow, its that they cant trace the gun found in a crime if its changed hands without a BGC, which would be the same with a digitized system.

so yes I get what your saying, an electronic data set is easily search-able by a huge margin... a huge time saver. But I don't think that is the point. If this was only about tracking down a criminal, have at it. And that is the angle the antis are using to pass BGC laws but the real point is the registry is about confiscation and prohibition. Criminals don't legally buy guns to commit crimes with, thus the BGC laws are not going to reduce crimes committed with guns. The next "logical" step is to ban certain guns like Cali did with the SKS (via registry) then eventually all guns. The BGC is the setup and we already have that law we don't need 1 more to do it.

If I recall, theres no law preventing the states from digitizing their BGC records, Oregon already does. Were already there...

You are absolutely correct. The difference is how it would be used. Right now its only used if you do something wrong. With a slight adjustment its now used to look at gun purchase records without there being a crime first.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews