JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We can assume all the big box stores went digital for FFL docs when the ATF started offering servers, just from a sheer volume of records. So these are easy.

We know the small FFL's don't share data unless requested but all the records are there, waiting to get digitized.

We know any defunct FFL the records are already with the ATF and is being digitized as we speak.

Now I realize currently none of this is searchable by name or serial. It takes an actual person to either find the paper trail to the FFL and ultimately you or an actual person finds it at the ATF in paper/microfilm/pdf, but not searchable.

Its currently used in criminal/civil investigations.
This has been this way since 1968 sans the internet age.

Is the entire system just 1 law away from being a national firearms database?

The only salvation thus far is that, in the free states at least, there is no record of sales on the used market, therefore there is no proof you still own it.

The only salvation thus far is that, in the free states at least, there is no record of sales on the used market, therefore there is no proof you still own it.

I have all my guns this way.

It's not that I'm against a BGC, I do them every 4 years as it is, it's that the firearm is tied to a person. If it was just background checks to make sure you can take possession, I would be fine with that. My issue is the paper trail and how some people have 200+ guns on their names, that's crazy. Not that you have 200+ guns, that's cool, but the implications that could bring with the wrong set of eyes on it. They know you personally could start an army.

It's not that I'm against a BGC, I do them every 4 years as it is, it's that the firearm is tied to a person. If it was just background checks to make sure you can take possession, I would be fine with that. My issue is the paper trail and how some people have 200+ guns on their names, that's crazy. Not that you have 200+ guns, that's cool, but the implications that could bring with the wrong set of eyes on it. They know you personally could start an army.

Oh I don't know. If they were 200+ of the same guns then maybe there would be cause for scrutiny. But 200+ different guns? You know how hard it is to get a gaggle privates to get their boots on the right feet much less try to provide a block of instruction for 200+ different firearms? Logistics, man, logistics.

Oh I don't know. If they were 200+ of the same guns then maybe there would be cause for scrutiny. But 200+ different guns? You know how hard it is to get a gaggle privates to get their boots on the right feet much less try to provide a block of instruction for 200+ different firearms? Logistics, man, logistics.

That's a great point. I do know people with quite a few AR lowers laying around and several more built. Thats not really an outlier these days either.

So 20+ of same gun? What about the theme of the guns? I.e. all "assault weapons".

200+ random guns to us brings up logistics but to a liberal it's potentially 200+ guns just going off and shooting on their own.

That's a great point. I do know people with quite a few AR lowers laying around and several more built. Thats not really an outlier these days either.

So 20+ of same gun? What about the theme of the guns? I.e. all "assault weapons".

200+ random guns to us brings up logistics but to a liberal it's potentially 200+ guns just going off and shooting on their own.
Well yeah...throw "liberal" into the equation and it's like somebody parachutes in a poo flinging monkey for added effect.

I'm already a Militia of One ;)

Ahem.... as a former Army Drill Sgt I do in fact know all too well about that.... one of MANY reasons (besides constant sleep deprivation) why we're grouchy mean Motherbubblegummers!

:D

So you purchase a new in the box "american" gun, you know the ones I speak, they come with a fired casing that was supposedly used to "test fire" the gun at the factory......
ever wonder where the bullet from that fired case is and what info is with it???
let that marinate for a while!

So you purchase a new in the box "american" gun, you know the ones I speak, they come with a fired casing that was supposedly used to "test fire" the gun at the factory......
ever wonder where the bullet from that fired case is and what info is with it???
let that marinate for a while!

Clearly you, and others in this thread need this.

4C68F362-A631-45C1-8404-9136C54CA710.jpeg

We can assume all the big box stores went digital for FFL docs when the ATF started offering servers, just from a sheer volume of records. So these are easy.

We know the small FFL's don't share data unless requested but all the records are there, waiting to get digitized.

We know any defunct FFL the records are already with the ATF and is being digitized as we speak.

Now I realize currently none of this is searchable by name or serial. It takes an actual person to either find the paper trail to the FFL and ultimately you or an actual person finds it at the ATF in paper/microfilm/pdf, but not searchable.

Its currently used in criminal/civil investigations.
This has been this way since 1968 sans the internet age.

Is the entire system just 1 law away from being a national firearms database?

if I understand this correctly, how is a manual system not a registry?

Ahem.... as a former Army Drill Sgt I do in fact know all too well about that.... one of MANY reasons (besides constant sleep deprivation) why we're grouchy mean Motherbubblegummers!

:D[/QUOTE]

That's why there are 2 Drill Sargent's,Senior and the other guy, you guy's are shammer's and tag teamed poor privates out of sleep. At least 20 years ago that's how it was.
Now all the terds have mood rings and such.
And the drill sergeant's would get UCMJ over such non sense.;)

if I understand this correctly, how is a manual system not a registry?

It is a registry but one with no data set. Its literally a needle in a haystack search but that needle is there and some govn employee will pull 60k a year tracking it down, regardless of how long.

I guess my question is what happens when there is a data set? When I can look at it from all angles computers give, this is where I was going when I said sans internet.

Now you throw an algorithm on that due to 1 law change and what do you want to see? All gun purchases over 5+ by ex mil in last 10 years. All firearms purchased in WA state by people over 65. Would be endless, you get it

:D

That's why there are 2 Drill Sargent's,Senior and the other guy, you guy's are shammer's and tag teamed poor privates out of sleep. At least 20 years ago that's how it was.
Now all the terds have mood rings and such.
And the drill sergeant's would get UCMJ over such non sense.;)[/QUOTE]

My cousin who enlisted out of America Somoa into the Marines to gain citizenship and defend ended his service of 20 years as a Drill Sargeant.He served in Desert Storm. He would get a kick out of the mood ring non sense!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top