JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Bronx attack 2015
Bronx pit bull attack leads to arrest - CNN.com
A blog about attacks
17 Barks: May 2015
I have been bit by a Husky and twice by St Benards as a kid so it can happen with any breed. But I have a friend who has a rescue Pit and it's "twichy" "spooks" "hates other dogs" leading me not to visit him. Another friend spent 3k in vet bills when a "family" pit mauled his Collie resulting in 30 plus stichs.

Last Edited:
Sad story all around.
I am not fond of pits /pit mixes.
I get that not every dog is a killer...
We adopted a pit mix ... great dog until she murdered one of our cats.
Suddenly and unexpectedly.

For those that have them and love them I say fine ... But I will not trust one again.
Andy

I'm sorry for anyone that has to "put down" a pet/family animal, but some actions place living beyond redemption

Man that sucks!

In Africa my sister lost a middle finger in a casual dog fight - black lab. Owner rightly helped with the expense - the lab lived. Stuff happens.

I heasitate to relate my experiences, due to cultural differences here in the USA.

Inherited with my farm, an older bull-terrier, who had his own indominable character/spirit - till he bit a kid on a bicycle heading home from school - just a tooth mark/scratch. I put him down immediately.

A month later a doberman leaped a wall - attacked me on my horse. I shot him in the face with a .45, as he came back for more. Over the years I probably shot >25 dogs on the farm and in the bush. Dogs up close and far - hunting, sometimes alone sometimes in packs - no collar, no owner --> no live. Things are a little different there I guess. Never felt a moment of remorse.

I remember that when I visited Guam.
There were these loose packs of dogs everywhere. I was amazed at the amount of free roaming canines.
Was kinda scary as a kid

I have been bitten by a blue healer as a kid and a Doberman as a teenager. Still have the toothmarks n my hand from the Doberman. My brother was bitten by a Rottweiler. And to me Shepard's are the most unpridctable dogs I have been around. When their owners leave the room they get real nervous. Had a inherited Shepard, that got along w my staffy well. But even after having him 8 years he was hard to read. I think he was traumatized some point in his life. I only raise dogs from pups anymore. I wouldn't think about killing these dogs that bit me only the Rottweiler since it ripped our Huskys belly open and bit my brother and had bitten another person. Some 3 strike bs around here. Animals are in fact animals. And you can die from too much talcom on your vag these days.

Some pretty dramatic statistics regarding pit bull attacks. If the stats were only HALF accurate it would still be disturbing.

They have gotten to popular with the wrong crowd. The Rottweiler I stated should should have been put down, the owner was a thief and a drug dealer that never worked a day in his life. He gets full government disability of course. Anything raised by these people will be bad. Kids ,dogs you name it . I do NOT blame the Rottweiler just the POS that raised it.

The healer that bit me was a farm dog and while we took turns pushing each other on the wagon, when I was pushing gave me a good nip on the arse. What's he protecting his kids ? Most likely.

The Doberman his stupid owners were trying too make mean. Again not the dog.

Last Edited:
On a side note, many home owners insurance will not cover Pit bull attacks so if your "family dog" hurts/maimed or kills someone it's going to be expensive.
Medical costs of treatment.
Psychological treatment.
Modification of victims home for convenience if needed.
All funeral expenses as directed by court.
Etc.

On a side note, many home owners insurance will not cover Pit bull attacks so if your "family dog" hurts/maimed or kills someone it's going to be expensive.
Medical costs of treatment.
Psychological treatment.
Modification of victims home for convenience if needed.
All funeral expenses as directed by court.
Etc.

Is an unpredictable animal worth it?

Arf The Wonder Chicken is still under the front porch trying to decipher that!

Wish I could stop on this subject but the more I look in to it the more I find.
The American kennel Club lists 187 dog breeds in the US. Only one breed is involved in 79% of deaths in the US in the last 5 years killing 150 people, permanently maiming 1933 people and seriously attacking 2,675 people for a grand total of 4,758 events for one breed. That's almost a 1000 events a year, the next breed had 172 events total in the same 5 years (2011-2116).
This is a problem.

Wish I could stop on this subject but the more I look in to it the more I find.
The American kennel Club lists 187 dog breeds in the US. Only one breed is involved in 79% of deaths in the US in the last 5 years killing 150 people, permanently maiming 1933 people and seriously attacking 2,675 people for a grand total of 4,758 events for one breed. That's almost a 1000 events a year, the next breed had 172 events total in the same 5 years (2011-2116).
This is a problem.
I can remember when I saw other breeds of dogs every day. Now, not so much. These days owning a pit bull seems to be a fashion statement.

Last Edited:
Most every time something like this happens, the dog in question was allowed or trained to fight and be aggressive! There are way to many males of our species who insist on having one of these breeds for the express intent to guard or protect them from harm while they are commuting some sort of illegal activities! Drugs, Gang affiliation, prostitution, theft, you name it, these dudes think they need a dog like this! It's almost trivial the numbers of these dogs brought up from puppies by responsible owners that ever have any problems, it's the low life scum who have made these breeds the premiere choice, and through irresponsibility, stupidity, or willful abuse, these dogs become the major problem they are! Down here, the local dog catcher has been quoted as saying fully 85% of all call outs for aggressive dogs are Pit's! Of the non Pit's, fewer then 2% are because of bad behavior or biting! I have had the unfortunate experience of having a Pit attack me and my big Neufy, I had to shoot the pit to get it off my dog and then deal with the aftermath! Most every one on here knows I am a huge dog lover, but I have ZERO regard for any Pit or other aggressive breed pf dog! My Big guy still has problems with other dogs, he sees all dogs as a threat, and believe you, me, if he ever meets up with another Pit, that pit will get shredded to bits! I don't care what any one thinks about this following statement, And I make no apologies, There is no such thing as a good Pit unless it's a dead one!!!

This story really hits me some place deep, this should not ever happen in today's society, I hope the dogs owner gets charged with Manslaughter/Murder and any thing else that they can make stick!
My thoughts and Prayers to the families affected by this tragedy!

Again, the Rotties that I have met were territorial. In my experience that can be an inborn trait. My buddy's daughter had one that you didn't dare approach to pet when it was in the pickup... nobody taught it to be like that.

Most every time something like this happens, the dog in question was allowed or trained to fight and be aggressive!

I disagree. We constantly hear that the dog was a family pet owned by a nice family and the dog wouldn't have hurt a fly. Some get triggered somehow, some blow thru fences, but many are wandering the streets and resort to aggressive pack behavior. Then they go nuts together, even drawing in other breeds... just like humans in a crowd. IMO people that have large dogs with aggression DNA should be extra careful not to let their dogs get out. Especially if there is more than one, that seems to change everything!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHTAwQF9Yr_q7E4wlxlCi2Q01HDyA

What does this guy know about dogs. :confused: Cesar Millan The Dog Whisperer

20100215_cesar_milan_1522.jpg

Hillary can make guns look real bad. With stats to back her. Doesn't mean I'm drinking the coolaid.

Last Edited:
So the family pit that my uncles owned that I alluded to earlier? the lovable friendly one?
The one that bit the two year old girl in the face unprovoked?
It was my daughter that lovable old Benny bit, and not on my watch but the aunt that had taken her for the day.
Numerous stitches in the face, head and neck- unprovoked other than the giggle as her and the aunt were playing together according to her.
This lovable friendly dog heard her giggling on the aunts lap and bites her in the head!!!
I killed him as soon as I left the hospital.
Ya, my bad for ever letting her go with her for the day right?
But I'll tell you this much straight up, I've killed three since then.
One that belonged to a dear friend when she couldn't stop it from attacking her other dog (she owned both) one that came into my home after another dog (ours) that I still don't have a clue who's it was, and one that was chasing another dog down the gravel road I was traveling on in Heppner oregon. That one was with the truck, the other three were with handguns.
Do I regret any of them? Hell no.
Yes I kind of have an issue with them, wouldn't you?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top