JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was bit by a neighbors bully that he said would NEVER hurt me. I've been bitten by German Shepards. I was bit by a lab/shepard mix that I stupidly picked up to get it out of traffic after it got run over (that went all the way to the bone in my thumb). I've also gently horsed around with a friends bully but I tried not to show it how scared I was.

The thing is, I don't want a breed of dogs banned... I want owners to quit buying powerful dogs that have years of fighting temperment bred into them. It's a loaded firearm laying around waiting to be cocked. I want owners not to let their dogs run loose. All dogs!!! I want owners not to let their cats run loose too but that is a different thread.

I've been nipped by a number of small dogs. If anything, they may bite more often. But their bites don't result in such massive destruction.

Many of these dogs are not being mistreated or trained to be mean. They ARE exhibiting instinctual behavior that can come on suddenly. We have to get people to stop with all the excuses and take responsibility for owning a powerful pet. If I had kids around, no way I would own a protection nor a fighting breed.

1977573.png

Unfortunately, people have turned this dog into a killer through their own misguided premise of self-protection. The dog gets the "short end of the stick" and the humans get a pass. Sad, but true. They are dogs, we are humans. Please, don't confuse the two.

Dogs are shaped by their masters/owners. Some people shouldn't have dogs. By the same token, some people shouldn't have children, either.

I am sure Sgt. Stubby was a great dog and a first rate soldier.
But the America of 1917-1926 was vastly different in attitudes , outlooks and values than the America of today.

I am willing to bet that the way Sgt. Stubby was raised and trained played a huge part in what he did.

I have had bad experiences with pitbulls.
And to honest other dog breeds as well.
But having a family cat torn from your wife's and mauled to near death* before you can get the cat away .... Will shape your opinion of a dog and dog breed.

I am dog guy ... I like dogs.
Big , little , hunting breeds , sporting breeds , heck even those little rag a muffin ankle biters can be fun.
But I can not trust a pitbull again.

For those that do and like 'em and love 'em ... I say fine .... but not for me.
I am not saying every pit is a killer or pit owner a bad person ... Just that I won't trust a pit again.

Also I am not for bans or outlawing of dog breeds , or certain guns either :D just 'cause I don't like 'em.
Why should the good dogs and good dog owners suffer 'cause of the actions of someone else?
( or other dog's actions )
Just don't ask me to like or trust a pitbull again ...

*Note sadly we had to put our beloved Sally down 'cause of her injuries.
Andy

Edit for pre-coffee typing...

Last Edited:
Every time I see the title of this thread for the last month I think that a child has killed another and only on clicking see once again that a dog was involved or whatever.
My kingdom for a comma!

IMG_0035.JPG IMG_2266.JPG

And believe me I will not mention this thread to my step son, that I raised since 7 and do call my boy. Suffering from PTSD and other physical injury's from serving our country, he calls Sam brother. I see first hand how the dog helps him especially during difficult times, better than any of the several meds that Doctors think will help. But as I said I will not tell him how many would like to see his brother dead. He's going through enough.

IMG_0321.JPG

Last Edited:
Andy is right. Dogs are wonderful, but dogs that have a tendency toward being excessively protective, or "game" can be a threat. If other animals (cats) are in the house, their lives may be in danger. All that is required is a "trigger" and the other animal will suffer the consequences of the breed's natural proclivities. While this may not happen in every case, it occurs frequently enough to warrant consideration.

It is something to bear in mind when it comes to the relations between pets as well as members of your family.

Lets cut it with the "See my sweet pit bull, never hurt anyone, saved my family from a fire, helps old ladies across the street." crap! It doesn't help the people that have been directly affect by maiming murdering pit bulls. K? And a "Dog Whisperer", really? o_O

Lets cut it with the "See my sweet pit bull, never hurt anyone, saved my family from a fire, helps old ladies across the street." crap! It doesn't help the people that have been directly affect by maiming murdering pit bulls. K? And a "Dog Whisperer", really? o_O

1.jpg

Yes Cesar. As dog people we are fans.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top