JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It pains me to think about this. The neighbors behind me had a pit bull a few years ago that would climb over their sh$t piled up on their side of the fence and jump over. It was just a puppy, a 90lb, puppy. The third time it happened I wrestled it down, after I broke my thumb trying to contain it, and I had my XD45 on its head. If it wasn't for my wife screaming that their kids were watching through the fence I'd have squeezed the trigger. Now it's chained up-3 years plus and counting. This dog is strong enough to bust through the fence and get my kids, and now much more aggressive after being chained up for that long. I really feel I made a mistake by not ending it there,now I constantly worry for my own kids' safety.

That sounds as if it is a tragedy waiting to occur. Dogs are nice, but I would have reported your neighbor to the ASPCA and the local constabulary for possessing a dangerous animal. After a cursory inspection, I'm certain that they will agree with your assessment and confiscate the dog.

A good dog turned into a raging, dangerous creature. What a shame!

All because some loser needed to prop up his pitiful manhood by having aggressive pit bulls to try to intimidate other people.
I don't care how much you swagger or how "in my face" you are:
I'm not impressed.
Those dogs are timebombs from birth, most are raised to have a short fuse, or are bred that way.
I agree completely - I just wonder why the pro Pitt/Rott crowd hasn't shown up yet to argue these positions - seems like the last time a dog attack thread was posted and I said something like this they were on me like stink on sheet!

Last Edited:
Well then, since you asked...
...I have a pre-owned Pit but I wouldn't consider myself a Pit lover or breed advocate. She's great with "her" people. She also seems to like female strangers and is very gentle and patient with kids as well. However, she goes crazy-eyed psycho with most unfamiliar men, especially tall men in hats. Therefore, she is watched VERY closely. I'm not sure what went on in her past but I don't want to put her in a situation where she'll get herself in trouble or hurt anyone. I don't necessarily think her behavior is a breed issue but only an idiot would deny that Pits are built to fight and win. They are also stubborn, focused, unrelenting, reactive, and not known to be thinkers. I wouldn't advise trying to put a sweater on her.
Again, I'm not a breed advocate but I am an owner. Dogs are dogs but some are just a little more capable of inflicting carnage than others. That's genetics at work.
FWIW, the news article calls one dog a pit-mix but the other was a border collie.

Horrible event for all involved. My thoughts and prayers for the families.

Edit for clarity and background; Not all pit owners are shrinky-dink tough guys. My daughter picked out ours. I don't need a dog to compensate any more than I need a 12" lift and 44" tires or a .50 BMG.

Last Edited:
"One of the dogs was shot by an officer." what this should have read is one threat was eliminated by a parent or neighbor and no serious harm to the kids. But unfortunately we have terrible things happen in this world and not enough people watching out for the young ones welfare.:(

Careful, unless the dog is attacking you or another, Oregon legislature does not condone killing dogs if they are just growling. You could end up in a legal battle that would not be fun. What you do is stick out your leg, if it bites, then blast away!
But if your dog growlsmor barks at a police officer they can shoot it.

So a boarder collie and a pit mix. And people want these timebombs put down. LMAO . And your wondering why I'm tired of defending my staffy. A pit mix, their positive no boxer or char pei, bulldog, mastiff ECT. Yes when I read post that say your best friend should be put down, it's hard not to take offense. People make dogs mean. Dogs try to please their masters. Are you asking him to fight are you wanting it to be mean ? In my 20 years of staffy ownership without one problem and talking to veterinarians that really know animals. I know my dog is no risk to you or anyone else. But sure let's kill or ban any danger to us because of stupid people. The white dog on Homeword Bound a pit, Pete' from Little rascals a pit. They used to be nanny dogs and they will protect their people. Again let's ban anything dangerous because of stupid people. Sound familiar ? Gets old.

Well then, since you asked...

Again, I'm not a breed advocate but I am an owner. Dogs are dogs but some are just a little more capable of inflicting carnage than others. That's genetics at work.
FWIW, the news article calls one dog a pit-mix but the other was a border collie.

Horrible event for all involved. My thoughts and prayers for the families.

Edit for clarity and background; Not all pit owners are shrinky-dink tough guys. My daughter picked out ours. I don't need a dog to compensate any more than I need a 12" lift and 44" tires or a .50 BMG.

So just today I swear, in downtown lincoln city I witnessed one of those shrinky dink tough guys, you know the type, scraggly haired railed out kind that (in my opinion) looked like way to much meth had been in his past that was barely and I do mean barely able to contain one of the most beautiful Amstaffs I have ever seen.
This dog was absolutely beautiful, huge and out of control.
Why? A couple with a small cross breed (12 lbs) dog was walking by with it on a leash.
This guy was damned near out weighed by his dog and was definitely out musseled by it and if not for the man and woman taking refuge in a storefront, I'm sure it would have turned out ugly.
These guys, this type of person and the dogs mannerism is what's getting this dog breed banned.
Umbrage should be directed towards them, not the folks that have had to live through these experiences.
I get it that you as a person love your buddy, as I loved my Europian Rottwieller that was a great family dog, right up until the moment he went on an unstoppable attack upon another animal here on the farm.
I thought after eight years that I knew him through and through, we were buddies and I was wrong.
After firing a 45 into the ground when all else failed, he turned his blind rage towards me.
165 lbs in an attack mode directed at me, his buddy?
Three hits to the body and one to the head, I still hate myself.
My point to all this is this, when we have animals such as these breeds that can do devastating damage in seconds, we , you and I are responsible for those seconds that can turn into an eternity.
That guy with the dog today? He and his kind are the ones that should be banned from ever having anything bigger than a pug, not the dog banned as a whole.
But when they exhibit these types of traits, they need put down, it's only a matter of time.
As far as border collies, some of the biggest offenders.
Sometime I'll tell about Benny, my uncles pit that was cuddly and friendly until the day he bit a two year old family member in the face unprovoked, that one also fell to me to deal with, Benny sleeps with the fish. $&@! I hate that $/@&.

Sad story all around.
I am not fond of pits /pit mixes.
I get that not every dog is a killer...
We adopted a pit mix ... great dog until she murdered one of our cats.
Suddenly and unexpectedly.

For those that have them and love them I say fine ... But I will not trust one again.
Andy

these two beautiful kids were walking to the bus and get attacked by some animals dogs.
One killed, another critical.

If I was the parent of either of these kids, the dogs wouldn't be the only ones buried.

Makes me incredibly sad and angry as a parent of young children.

ATLANTA DOG ATTACK: 6-year-old boy killed, 5-year-old girl injured in dog attack while walking to school
Just had it happen up here in MT Vernon a few days ago 7 year old kid attack by dog he didn't die but mauled very bad on face and upper body these clowns that train theses dog's to do this SHOULD FACE THE SAME FATE AS THE DOG DEATH IN THE DOGGIE GAS CHAMBER

I do believe that there are already laws regarding crime with a firearms but the problem is it's only criminal 's violating them the left need law abiding citizens to violate them to push there agenda to take the guns from us as for a dangerous dog I view it the same as a gun or any other weapons if your neighbor came in your yard with any weapon you would respond with what you have and end the threat and if you don't think a dog is a weapon just ask any K9 COP IF HIS DOG IS A WEAPON

I don't care what breed it is any dog can be trained to kill or not to kill IMAG0219.jpg IMAG0478.jpg IMAG0481.jpg IMAG0497.jpg IMAG0294.jpg these are the dogs I live with one pit bull love any attention # Boston terrier that is treated like a kid get birthday cake every year and rolls on the grass from a sugar high and the lab that's has her own bed with pillows mmmmm I guess if I wanted I could teach any of them to bite people

We got our days g from the humane society before we had kids.
She's (what we were told) is a black lab, great dane, and either pitbull/boxer.
She's a big baby. Really gentle and loving dog.
But I've seen her teeth and the other side a few times. One reason we stopped going to the dog park. She hates dogs trying to show dominance.

She is amazing with our small kids though. They pull her tail, ears, crawl on her and she just walks away.

She's very leash aggressive, and hates other dogs.
So she doesn't get out much.

But thats why I work harder to make sure she doesn't get out or she gets locked up when people are over.

When we were in Kentucky she got out one day when I went to get the mail and ran across the street to a guy walking in his dog, barking growling, and he kicked her right in the face before I got to her.
And then apologized.
I laughed and said he should have kicked her harder.

I got bit once really good from another dog getting between them.

Just gotta learn. And I know if she gets out and someone shoots her I can only blame myself. She wouldn't bite anyone, and just gets dominate around other dogs, but no one knows that. She can be pretty intimidating.

IMG_2539.JPG IMG_3416.JPG

I had a female pit bull before when my daughter was 5 year's old that dog was so nice she got stolen hmmmm but my uncle had a blue healer that was the worst dog I ever had to deal with had to basically fight that dog for the front seat of the jeep every time we got in the car it's a bad day when you have to tell your uncle MOVE YOUR DOG OR I'm going to kill it that dog was bad​

Here's the deal you have to view your dog like you view you guns kinda if you leave your gun out where someone can use it in a crime it's kinda your fault and if you leave your dog out where it can bite someone it's kinda your fault there are certain things that can separate you from the the problem but not many

I had a female pit bull before when my daughter was 5 year's old that dog was so nice she got stolen hmmmm but my uncle had a blue healer that was the worst dog I ever had to deal with had to basically fight that dog for the front seat of the jeep every time we got in the car it's a bad day when you have to tell your uncle MOVE YOUR DOG OR I'm going to kill it that dog was bad​

The human has to control the dog from puppyhood. If it can't be controlled, the dog has to go. This is how it has always been. Dog can be "man's best friend", however, the people that "anthropomorphize" (conferring human attributes to animals) can overdo it. They aren't humans; it isn't the natural order of things. Adult humans need to get a grip on reality and "dial back their emotions". Loving a dog is a wonderful thing, but people must recognize their limits.

Come back to reality... it has many positive benefits.

Last Edited:
The human has to control the dog from puppyhood. If it can't be controlled, the dog has to go. This is how it has always been. Dog can be "man's best friend", however, the people that "anthropomorphize" (conferring human attributes to animals) can overdo it. They aren't humans; it isn't the natural order of things. Adult human people need to get a grip on reality and "dial back their emotions". Loving a dog is a wonderful thing, but people nee to recognize their limits.

Come back to reality... it has many positive benefits.
Agreed they only understand one thing who is going to be the ALPHA THE DOG OR THE DOG OWNER

Man that sucks!

In Africa my sister lost a middle finger in a casual dog fight - black lab. Owner rightly helped with the expense - the lab lived. Stuff happens.

I heasitate to relate my experiences, due to cultural differences here in the USA.

Inherited with my farm, an older bull-terrier, who had his own indominable character/spirit - till he bit a kid on a bicycle heading home from school - just a tooth mark/scratch. I put him down immediately.

A month later a doberman leaped a wall - attacked me on my horse. I shot him in the face with a .45, as he came back for more. Over the years I probably shot >25 dogs on the farm and in the bush. Dogs up close and far - hunting, sometimes alone sometimes in packs - no collar, no owner --> no live. Things are a little different there I guess. Never felt a moment of remorse.
Yes it is different in some places my ex is from SAMOA she told me story's of dogs that ran in packs back in the old day's that were pets at one time but we're on the street because of one reason or another they truly are wild animals if you put your dog on the street he or she will do what they have to survive

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top