JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Russia deploying obsolete equipment from Siberia for Ukraine

"Russian forces are continuing to deploy outdated military equipment to Ukraine to replace losses. The Ukrainian Main Intelligence Directorate (GUR) reported on June 9 that Russian forces are mining Kherson Oblast with mines from the 1950s to defend against recent Ukrainian counterattacks in northwestern Kherson Oblast. The GUR stated that Russian forces moved these mines from Russia's Rostov Oblast to the Kherson area despite the fact the mines were meant to be destroyed. The GUR claimed that some of the mines detonated during the transportation processes and killed Russian sappers from the 49th Combined Arms Army. The GUR's report is consistent with previous statements that Russian forces are moving old and obsolete equipment to Ukraine to make up for equipment losses, including deploying T-62 tanks to the Melitopol area and pulling MLRS and 152mm howitzers from storage in Irkutsk, Siberia."

I keep waiting for Russia to deploy their top secret latest high tech weaponry they kept bragging about, thinking that by now they surely want to win this war and it isn't just an exercise to use up all their old junk.

Or is it that this is all Russia has left and they really didn't have much of anything new and high tech all along? Or is it that they don't want to commit their good stuff?

OTOH, NATO/USA are sending a mix of old tech and new tech (at least newer tech) to Ukraine and even newer tech will replace what we send, while Russia may not have the resources to replace what they send into Ukraine.

Russia's self propelled howitzer used in Ukraine is the old 2S19 MSTA from the '80s
their army does possess newer 2S35 variants, but none have been documented in this struggle, since they only built 18
the US and Britton have supplied Ukraine with the M549 rocket assist 155 mm advanced shells
these match the rocket propelled 152mm artillery's the Russians are using in Ukraine

Britton has shipped their state of the art AS-90 self propelled howitzer to Ukraine already
US shipped over 90 towed 155mm
Germany has shipped their PzH 2000
it can rapid fire 3 rounds Time On Target, so that all 3 shells land at the same time at the same coordinates

I arrived in BAOR, British Army of the Rhine, in April of 1977. In 1981 I went to BRIXMIS, the British Army Commander in Chief's Military Mission to the Group of Soviet Forces Germany - GSFG.

I'd say that over >80% of what I was l saw back then I'm still looking at on the news every day.

I was there in 1978 when the soviet motor rifle regiments changed over their ammunition trucks from Ural-375 to KaMaZ-4320, just like you see getting destroyed by the dozen. BRDM and BRDM-2? 1960's. MT-LB? Same again. The BIG EARS jammer, first seen in 1982, is now on a KaMaZ truck - it was formerly on a Ural-375.... T-80? The clue is in the name. T-90 is nothing more than a pimped-up T-72. Some have been found with store-bought GPS duct-taped in the driver's compartment...

As for BM-21/Grad, the 40-round MRL..........................................late 1960's on newer trucks, and as good as it ever was. Every Artillery regiment has 24 of these - that's 960 rounds of 122mm HE rockets going off in 40 seconds........................................NOT nice.

Russian fire-retardent systems use ethylene bromide to put the fires out.

It kills the crew, but saves the vehicle.

Sometimes...

3h ago12.40
A Ukrainian goat has been hailed a national hero after it triggered a string of Russian grenades around a hospital in Zaporizhzhia, injuring at least 40 Russian soldiers.

Russian forces were setting up a tripwire and had pinned grenades around the edge of a local hospital in the village of Kinski Rozdory, placing the trap as a "circular defence", according to Ukraine's chief intelligence directorate.

The goat, who had escaped from a farm, is said to have headed straight for the boobytrap, with the Russian munitions exploding in a chain reaction, injuring dozens of soldiers who were waiting in ambush.

8640.jpg
A goat on a destroyed Russian tank on display in Saint Michaels Square in Kyiv, Ukraine. Photograph: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
Ukraine's defence intelligence said:

As a result of the goat's 'chaotic' movements, the animal 'disposed of' several grenades. As a result of a chain reaction, several [Russians] sustained injuries of varying degrees of severity.
At least 40 Russian soldiers are thought to have been injured. The condition of the animal is not currently known.

The goat has since been hailed as "the Goat of Kyiv", a reference to the mythical pilot, the Ghost of Kyiv, who is credited to have downed as many as 40 enemy planes during Russia's invasion of the capital.

_nc_ohc=TIBG5lp2d4EAX_0N4pn&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

This is The Atomic Tank, an Australian Centurion that was hit by an atomic bomb. Not only did it survive the blast, it went on to fight in Vietnam.

In 1953 this particular Centurion, registration number 169041, was hit by the blast of a 9 kiloton atomic bomb from a distance of around 450 meters.

The blast shunted the tank backwards five feet, ripped off its side skirts and hurtled them almost 200 meters away, deleted all fabrics and smashed off any delicate or looser items.

Apart from this, the Centurion, which only had about 500 miles on the clock, was found to be in quite good shape. Its engine was no longer running, but this was due to it running out of fuel. Remarkably, once some more fuel was chucked in, the tank could still drive.

The tank was eventually sent to Vietnam, where it was hit by an RPG in 1969. Once again the unstoppable tank survived, and was repaired and returned to duty.

Today 169041 still lives, and can be seen at RAAF Base Edinburgh, South Australia.

my son tells me this is not the first time secret weapons specs have been leaked on gaming forums
I guess intelligence agencies are now monitoring these forums
The NSA monitors all electronic comms that it can collect (regardless of it being domestic or international - they are only supposed to monitor international), collates the data, analyzes it for relevance and relationships, and stores some of the results.

Something like someone from China leaking specs on their military would certainly catch their attention for further action, and that data might make it to the CIA or even the DoD. Not sure if those three cooperate as much as they should, even though after 9/11 they were told to cooperate better - in the past they did not share as much as they should have.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top