JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would our tanks survive any better against Javelins?
if you read down in the article, the Israelis have developed a system to defeat the Javelin they have sold to the US

tanks were once intimidating opponents for infantry
interesting enough, the USMC has acquired several T72 tanks they use to train the Marines NOT to be intimidated by

RE : Anti-Tank Warfare
The old fashion Molotov Cocktail

I was watching YouTube the other night and I learned that modern Russian tanks and armored vehicles (when properly equipped and maintained) aren't as vulnerable as the tanks/armored vehicles of the old days.

Aloha, Mark

I don't know.
The latest Abrams is at least a generation ahead of that Russian stuff we see all burned out on TV.
The Russians do have a new T-14 tank but I haven't seen it in any of the battlefield vids.
the Russians have 12 of them
the Oligarchs stole enough Russian defense funds to build hundreds of them
the Polish Army is building their own home grown upgrade to the T72 which is superior to the Russian T90

as of news today, many NATO countries are transferring their old T72 to Ukraine

Armor is a simple asset, just as important as it has ever been. The quality of said asset and how it is used is the deciding factor. Assuming tanks are obsolete because of this particular invasion is short-sighted. Without the correct support, no single asset will rule a conventional invasion. Just my opinion, but the biggest lesson to be learned here is the failures of the command and control structure. Without getting into tangents and conspiracy theories, Russia clearly did not employ enough properly trained and equiped infantry to support the invasion.

Armor is a simple asset, just as important as it has ever been. The quality of said asset and how it is used is the deciding factor. Assuming tanks are obsolete because of this particular invasion is short-sighted. Without the correct support, no single asset will rule a conventional invasion. Just my opinion, but the biggest lesson to be learned here is the failures of the command and control structure. Without getting into tangents and conspiracy theories, Russia clearly did not employ enough properly trained and equiped infantry to support the invasion.
the USMC is eliminating main battle tanks from their TO&E
they find they no longer fit into their objectives

the USMC is eliminating main battle tanks from their TO&E
they find they no longer fit into their objectives

Marines giving up on tanks? Lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR