JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's been out every time I've stopped by the Fred Meyer on TV Highway in Hillsboro lately. I'm legit baffled at this point. You'd think everybody who was low when the panic buying began would be stocked up by now... :s0092:

It's been out every time I've stopped by the Fred Meyer on TV Highway in Hillsboro lately. I'm legit baffled at this point. You'd think everybody who was low when the panic buying began would be stocked up by now... :s0092:
TPTB are now rationing it back. It's part of their social condition agenda. New norms are being imposed upon us.

TPTB are now rationing it back. It's part of their social condition agenda. New norms are being imposed upon us.

Rubbing alcohol is hard to find I think a few folks have a hoard of it.I bought , one guess that wasnt to smart . I was wondering if that heat for gas treatment might work its methal and iso alcohol if i remember correct .have family that dont have anything , and had freinds give to them to tide them over.I warned them to at least have a little stuff on hand if something goes wrong.folks that never lived out of the city take it for granted their needs will be met.I need to try to get them some stuff.

Last Edited:
Most big stores are receiving over night, so first thing in the morning is the time for success. Sandy FM has had it on shelves for about 30 minutes post open.

Walliwirld down here had 5, Yup 5 trucks in at the same time, all unloading and the staff stocking as fast as they could! No TP, but they did have the el-cheap-o single roll paper towels! No baking goods, no canned, no peanut butter, no prepackaged meats or cheeses, and milk prices went up a buck a gallon!

Walliwirld down here had 5, Yup 5 trucks in at the same time, all unloading and the staff stocking as fast as they could! No TP, but they did have the el-cheap-o single roll paper towels! No baking goods, no canned, no peanut butter, no prepackaged meats or cheeses, and milk prices went up a buck a gallon!
Sounds like supply lines are being interrupted. What happened to production? We should have been caught up by now.

Sounds like supply lines are being interrupted. What happened to production? We should have been caught up by now.

The magic of "just in time" is essentially removing lakes from rivers. Any extra demand in water flow will cause a shortage.

That and some asshats have been telling people they can freeze milk and eggs on social media. Geeze, what else can we think of to hoard.

As soon as the credit cards are all maxed out it will normalize, then stimulus checks will be cashed. by that time production should have caught up with demand.

No baking goods,

Yes, what is going on with this? Most "modern" people don't even know how to bake. In this region, most of the gro. store breads come from Franz sources these days, do people think Franz is going throw in the towel and quit baking?!!

That and some asshats have been telling people they can freeze milk and eggs on social media.

This. Eggs, you cannot freeze yourself. Milk, yes, but defrosting takes time. My personal opinion is that we aren't yet at the stage where we can expect milk to never again appear on shelves. But if people were thinking of a long dearth of milk, why didn't they put away a few bags or cans of powdered milk? I have a supply of that here only because I like the taste of it from time to time. Some people hate powdered milk. Actually, the taste varies from brand to brand.

To date, we've continued shopping ourselves, as "at risk" populants by age, at Fred Meyer. TP was wiped out, also baby butt-wipes (not just for babies, I've found). Next time, they had some TP but still no baby wipes. Last time, again with the no TP, but a modest supply of baby wipes. Including cases of 500 something sheets, which I bought one of. Not to hoard, but to use. Which is no different from before the virus. BV = Before Virus; AV - After Virus.

We are discussing whether we are going out tomorrow for the regular weekly supply run. We have considered the service that FM offers where they send a picker out into the store, pull your order, and you drive up in your car to get it. Mrs. Merkt says, "I like to pick my own bananas."

Ever hear Hispanics say the word, "virus"? It's "VEE-roose."

i'm of the mind set that 1 is none and 2 is one
always buy 2 while your their, and soon, you will not need to buy any, except another storage shed or room. People laugh at preppers until they don't have something, then those ugly shelves look mighty pretty.

Rubbing alcohol is hard to find I think a few folks have a hoard of it.I bought , one guess that wasnt to smart . I was wondering if that heat for gas treatment might work its methal and iso alcohol if i remember correct .have family that dont have anything , and had freinds give to them to tide them over.I warned them to at least have a little stuff on hand if something goes wrong.folks that never lived out of the city take it for granted their needs will be met.I need to try to get them some stuff.
vinegar is a often overlooked cleaning tool, 50/50 with water

Like the ammo panic, this panic feeds on it's self. Trucks bring it daily, there is no shortage. Problem is people keep telling each other and themselves there will not be any tomorrow. So people run in and buy all they can lay hands on. Takes a long time till every idiot has a room in the house stacked up with it. Amazon is starting to have it again now. Its one of the reasons stuff takes several days to a week now to get from them. They are desperate for workers and bombarded with orders for stuff like this. Albertsons I often stop at after work has had TP on the shelf for almost a week. Only a couple brands to choose from but it's there. I have to guess not quite as many idiots out there. Wife was at the Wally here a couple days ago and they had some. HUGE sign about limits on it. Not sure how well they really push that as they probably don't want to set off some kook who wants to start a fight over it:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews