JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it is definitely from people hoarding.I understand supply and demand, but when I'm seeing people trying to sell 300 rounds of .22lr for like 50-60 bucks I have to wonder.. I would like to believe some people are buying out of necessary which is understandable given the current circumstances. The exception to that is the people that are constantly going to buy ammo everyday with the purpose of trying to clear out the ammo isle so that they can come on here and hike the price substantially! To each is own once ammo gets to a certain amount I just refuse to buy! The only way to drive down ammo cost would be people around the US stop buying ammo a "pause period" which would then make calibers more easily accessible for everyone if nobody is buying. The demand has outweighed the supply for going on a year know. Now with Biden as president people are more fearful of the future. Short answer Stop buying ammo= cheaper ammo and more availability and it gives manufacturers time to catch up; but the likely of that happening is slim to none.

This is like the 3rd or 4th shortage I've been thru. It doesn't matter how many times people say to enhance your calm, it won't end till people get tired of buying and that vacuum is gone.

First time, 7.62x39mm hit $150 for a 1280 spam can, up from $80. Oh the outrage that was.

I'd say both.

Folks not at work due to COIVD....Can't make ammo if not enough folks aren't at work.
Same as the shipping industry , can't ship if the drivers ain't there..
I understand that happening....to a degree.

I also remember not too long ago , posted here in the Great Deals section...
A notice that some Bimart's had Federal "Blue Box" .22LR ammo in stock and for sale @ $44 a box....
Then , oddly enough , boxes of the same type of ammo , showed up here for sale within a day or two , with prices anywhere from $60 - $100 or more.

Ammo prices go up and down...for many reasons.
With that said , I would rather go without , then buy at some of the prices that I have seen.
Andy

I think it is definitely from people hoarding.I understand supply and demand, but when I'm seeing people trying to sell 300 rounds of .22lr for like 50-60 bucks I have to wonder..

There are a few ads on here for rimfire match ammo at centerfire prices (25-30¢ per round) when I am sure they bought it (probably recently, as I have some Eley which is better than what they were selling) for one third that amount, or less.

I think some people just can't resist trying to sell ammo for highly inflated prices.

Granted, I sold some ammo for much more than what I paid for it some decades ago - although most of the buyers negotiated a somewhat lower price and I was flexible. Some of the ammo I sold was at what I paid for it or slightly less, some quite a bit more (Raufoss Mk211 because it is almost unobtanium now and very special ammo).

As others have said, if someone doesn't like the prices, then they can just not buy.

I don't think profit taking has much to do with lack of supply, demand does.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top