JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short, family member passed away a few months ago and my parents are trying to take care of the estate...House is FULL, junk cars on property, landscape looks like Jurassic Park...:rolleyes:

Have any of you dealt with something like this recently? Looking for suggestions on companies that could do a house/property clean out.

I have only seen pics, pretty much looked like an episode of Hoarders....good news, I guess it didnt smell inside :s0140:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Property is in North Portland if that helps....

I'm not near you and have never seen a clean up like that before but if I were in your shoes I would piece it out. First get someone to remove large items in yard and clean all big stuff from property. Next would be cleaning up the yard and depending on how bad maybe have them do a partial clean up first before the large items are removed. Once the property is clean then get someone to take the inside of the house.

It won't look so overwhelming to each crew that way.....

Long story short, family member passed away a few months ago and my parents are trying to take care of the estate...House is FULL, junk cars on property, landscape looks like Jurassic Park...:rolleyes:

Have any of you dealt with something like this recently? Looking for suggestions on companies that could do a house/property clean out.

I have only seen pics, pretty much looked like an episode of Hoarders....good news, I guess it didnt smell inside :s0140:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Property is in North Portland if that helps....
North Portland, you say. A bottle of lighter fluid and a match should clean it up appropriately.

Call it estate sale?
I was thinking the same thing. I would try this first. See if people will actually pay for some of it first. Then see if some will haul stuff away for free just to have it. May be shocked at how little is left that has to be paid to be removed. Offer stuff free and many will pack off all kinds of junk.
Last time we did a big move doing this saved me a LOT of hauling stuff to the dump.

Can't take credit for the idea. It was a meme somewhere right when hoarders TV shows and storage Wars and similar TV shows were popular.
During the New York garbage strike in, I think it was the 70's, a rumor went around about a guy with a convertible who would put his trash in a big box, wrap it like a gift, and leave it in the back seat with the top down when he went into work. The story goes that it was never there when he got off work.

During the New York garbage strike in, I think it was the 70's, a rumor went around about a guy with a convertible who would put his trash in a big box, wrap it like a gift, and leave it in the back seat with the top down when he went into work. The story goes that it was never there when he got off work.
I've heard the same kind of stories updated with Amazon packaging on porches for porch pirates to steal....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top