JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was a young ladd I bought my soon to be wife a pistol (she was 17, I was 21) I took her out in the desert with a pile of old milk jugs to teach her how to shoot. I set up 10 or so jugs about 15 yards away, gave her the talk and fired 4 or so rounds before hitting the first jug. I then handed the gun to her and walked her through making the shot. I stepped back and told her to shoot when ready. She pulled the trigger and the first jug exploded, Then the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth...... My 21 year old self was a bit flummoxed, I had been shooting for a decade, she was a a far better shot than me with not even 5 mins practice

Last Edited:
She has the weirdest firing stance Ive ever seen...

Nice eye candy though;)
Apparently you havnt shot with a chic before...honestly I was like wtf the first I went shooting with my fiancee...makes sense though. Cool video...I couldn't do that...but im blind and a drunk

Think Annie Oakley, her husband was a renown target shooter in his own right. He threw his own career away and promoted his wife for the rest of his life. That in an age when women couldn't even vote.

When my mom and dad were dating he took her down to the farmers market, where there was a shooting gallery. He was going to show her what a he-man he was! Mom was a competitive target shooter and she just waxed his azz!!! Became family history!

Women are easy to train. They haven't learned it all already from TV and video games!

Back in our Muzzle loader Mountain man days (when we first got married) my wife made this shot a number of times on trail walks. Granted she was shooting a .50 cal round ball. And typical ranges for the shot were 10 -15yards. She also broke two clays mounted on either side of a double bladed axe stuck in a wood block by splitting the ball with the edge of the axe.

Course much of this time she was pregnant. She won a number of competitions during that time.

That stance is pretty standard for small bore competition. As Sgt. Nambu says though, it's also good for large bore if the rifle is heavy enough to absorb most of the recoil and you aren't concerned about a quick second shot. I get quite a few laughs when I shoot my .458 AR that way.:p

That stance is pretty standard for small bore competition. As Sgt. Nambu says though, it's also good for large bore if the rifle is heavy enough to absorb most of the recoil and you aren't concerned about a quick second shot. I get quite a few laughs when I shoot my .458 AR that way.:p

I can get that. I was just thinking that if it had been something with some kick, it wouldn't be a good way to stand.

Only chick Ive shot with is my wife and I taught her to shoot so I can safely say I have never seen that stance before:D

Really steams me when someone sends me a You Tube where some jerk lets his untrained girlfriend shoot a large bore (fixed action) that he knows has a bad recoil. If nothing else, they have ruined this person as a shooter. I inadvertently put my wife off of shooting for a long time by letting her shoot a .38 Spl. Stubby. It wasn't the recoil. It was the ball of fire that rolled out of the barrel. :eek:

It was a long time after that before she would pull a trigger with her eyes open.:(

I've got her back shooting again, but had to start all over again with a CO2 pellet pistol.

Really steams me when someone sends me a You Tube where some jerk lets his untrained girlfriend shoot a large bore (fixed action) that he knows has a bad recoil. If nothing else, they have ruined this person as a shooter. I inadvertently put my wife off of shooting for a long time by letting her shoot a .38 Spl. Stubby. It wasn't the recoil. It was the ball of fire that rolled out of the barrel. :eek:

It was a long time after that before she would pull a trigger with her eyes open.:(

I've got her back shooting again, but had to start all over again with a CO2 pellet pistol.

This type of thing also pisses me off. A few years ago, I was down at The Pit one day with a few buddies sighting in rifles. Next to me on the 50 yard area was a guy teaching his girlfriend how to shoot with a 30-06 in a super light synthetic stock. After she shot it three times she was rubbing her shoulder and didn't want to shoot any more.

I was in a grump mood so asked if the guy liked his girlfriend or not. Yeah, I know I'm a dick. The guy looked at me like I was a nut job. I asked the guy if he had .22 or something easier to shoot so she could learn good habits and enjoy shooting. So he could work her up to a 30-06. He blinked and said, "Yeah, I didn't think of that." I was floored. I let her shoot the AR I was shooting at the time. She got the usual bubblegum eating grin of joy on her face. She looked at her boyfriend and said, "This is fun," nodded to the 30-06, "I don't want to shoot that any more. Do you have one of these?"

I was going to give the girl my card, as I train people, but figured that might have pissed off the guy even more.

It is about encouraging people to shoot, not about showing off.

Oh, and Kirsten Joy Weiss is awesome. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top