JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the Pit a while back, there was a guy having his girlfriend shoot small, large bore semi-automatics. Each time she'd fire, she'd flinch, I asked him if he had any full sized guns that she could shoot, as the small ones were causing a flinch.

I took a 28 year old nurse to the range a few weeks ago.

110# cutie.......had been shooting 2x before, once with me.

She shot my Ruger 1911 CMD almost as well as me.

Clunky ol' girls. They are spazzes anyway, when they shoot that well..................................:)

The last few posts reminded me of my neighbor.

He and I took his girlfriend out to learn to shoot.

I brought a Ruger sr22.

He brought his 9 & 357 sig.

She enjoyed shooting the 22.

He MADE her shoot the 9, and after every shot, he would say "AGAIN".

After 7-8 rounds, She started to get uncomfortable, which is when I SHOULD have stepped in.......but I didn't.

By the time she was through, she crouched down and was completely worn out.

She hasn't picked up a gun since, even though her BF bought her a sr22.....................

I am no slouch with a gun, but I'd give my left one to be able to shoot that well.

Yeah, the "give the small woman the large gun" videos don't impress me as anything except that someone's a jerk.

However my wife did want to shoot my 500 Mag one time. I did not give her a full power round, but still, a 400 gr bullet at 1100 fps out of a revolver is nothing to sneeze at. She didn't want to do it again, but she had a huge smile afterwards.

I'd rather miss the shot than use that Gay looking stance...not that there is anything wrong with that....:)

There is nothing wrong with it, especially if it allows sum one to kick your bubblegum in competition!
Marines are taught it....you can be the one to call it a "gay" stance to their face from 800yds lol :D

I dunno about gay (or care;)) but its not manly Imo.

Ladies hips would be an asset as well by the looks of the stance for support.

I may give it a try for kicks when no one is on the mountain just to see how comfortable it is. I haven't changed my shooting basics in 33 years but who knows...

Funny how a superficial look at her has turned into a conversation on shooting stances

I don't look at women this cute "superficially"......................

I have seen women previously use this stance, and it seems to work for them.
Especially precision shooting.

I'm not certain some of you know this, but women are built different than men. Yup, that's right!:)

Therefore, this stance actually works well for some wemens.

Look at the Olympic shooters. I believe men & women use some variation of this.

Of course, I've heard that they are all gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that...............................

Anyway, I'm off to her site to watch more of her....., er, I mean, her SHOOTING.:D:D:D:D

Last Edited:
When I was a young lass ....I bought my soon to be wife a pistol (she was 17, I was 21)

I think you meant, LADD.

Lass is a feminine word.:)

Regarding the lady's stance, I've seen it used frequently in shooting competitions and it's called, "Skeletal Support". And the more flexible you are the more contorted you may appear. I assure you it is not gay, faggity , queer or anything else and the USMC DOES teach it.

For those whom haven't used it you should look it up on-line and then go try it at the range.

Wife grew up with guns, shot with her grandfather, then went onto the Marine Corp. She out-shoots me with just about anything she gets in her hands. She laughed at me while I was watching a YouTube video on how to field strip and clean my AR-15, she simply asked "Why did you just ask me to show you?":( :D

I have two beautiful daughters that out hunt and out shoot most of the men in our area and the fellas know it. They have pretty much became local legends around here for their ability to take deer, elk and bear and still look awful good down at the local bar/resturant after packing out quarters at the end of the day.

The oldest took on my son hand to hand in a wrestling brawl to see who would take ownership of my custom .338 wm, she may not have whooped him outright but he relented and handed it over. She is flat out deadly with it and shows no sign of flinch shooting 250 grain bullets and has since taken four nice bulls with it in five years. Sorry fellas, I married them off awhile back and they now supply their own familys with far more game than either one of their husbands do:D

This girl.........i want to do some "training" with her.

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top