JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend gave this to me today. Anyone have some knowledge of it they'd like to share?

20210810_102917.jpg 20210810_102901.jpg

Interesting....
A high arch lock plate...circa 1855 Springfield....but with no Maynard tape primer...and what looks to be a smoothbore musket barrel....at least no rifle sights....

With CS Richmond VA markings... and a lock date of 1864...Hmmm.....

Any of the actual Richmond Armory Rifled Muskets that I have seen....are , well rifled...and have rifle sights...
Any evidence of a rear sight that has been removed...is the bore Rifled...?
Andy

Last Edited:
Oops....after taking a closer look...I can see where the rear sight was removed...cool....sorta.

What you have is a Richmond Armory Rifled Musket...from our War Against Northern Aggression.
Its a .58 caliber military arm ( Rifled Musket ) used by the CSA.
Edit to add : About 1,500 were made.
Andy

Last Edited:
Oops....after taking a closer look...I can see where the rear sight was removed...cool....sorta.

What you have is a Richmond Armory Rifled Musket...from our War Against Northern Aggression.
Its a .58 caliber military arm ( Rifled Musket ) used by the CSA.
Edit to add : About 1,500 were made.
Andy
There is a dove tail where the rear sight once was. Yes, the barrel is rifled. Still has decent rifling actually. The bore is .602". Ill take better pics. I was excited when I googled it. Thanks for the info!!!

How did that turn out? Oh I forgot, we Yankees won! Mic drop!
Not in my house...:D
I have relatives who fought in in the War with the 5th and 9th Kentucky.

If you want a more serious answer...
The war was over in 1862 when General Grant captured forts Henry and Donelson...effectively cutting the CSA in two.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews