JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend gave this to me today. Anyone have some knowledge of it they'd like to share?

20210810_102917.jpg 20210810_102901.jpg

Interesting....
A high arch lock plate...circa 1855 Springfield....but with no Maynard tape primer...and what looks to be a smoothbore musket barrel....at least no rifle sights....

With CS Richmond VA markings... and a lock date of 1864...Hmmm.....

Any of the actual Richmond Armory Rifled Muskets that I have seen....are , well rifled...and have rifle sights...
Any evidence of a rear sight that has been removed...is the bore Rifled...?
Andy

Last Edited:
Oops....after taking a closer look...I can see where the rear sight was removed...cool....sorta.

What you have is a Richmond Armory Rifled Musket...from our War Against Northern Aggression.
Its a .58 caliber military arm ( Rifled Musket ) used by the CSA.
Edit to add : About 1,500 were made.
Andy

Last Edited:
Oops....after taking a closer look...I can see where the rear sight was removed...cool....sorta.

What you have is a Richmond Armory Rifled Musket...from our War Against Northern Aggression.
Its a .58 caliber military arm ( Rifled Musket ) used by the CSA.
Edit to add : About 1,500 were made.
Andy
There is a dove tail where the rear sight once was. Yes, the barrel is rifled. Still has decent rifling actually. The bore is .602". Ill take better pics. I was excited when I googled it. Thanks for the info!!!

How did that turn out? Oh I forgot, we Yankees won! Mic drop!
Not in my house...:D
I have relatives who fought in in the War with the 5th and 9th Kentucky.

If you want a more serious answer...
The war was over in 1862 when General Grant captured forts Henry and Donelson...effectively cutting the CSA in two.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top