JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is little more than the ammo companies following in the steps of oil companies on seeing what the new standard price for ammo is to be set. Gas could be $1.50 a gallon, ammo could be 10 cents a round. Create a crisis somewhere, stifle distribution, and presto shortages "force" the price up. First it was the war, then it was the copper mine strike,

It is the guys lined up when Buymart or Wal-Mart opens to buy the 4 boxes allowed. 4 bricks of 22 at $30 resold at $90 = $240 in profit. That is worth standing outside waiting for the store to open. As long as people are willing to pay the ridiculous prices, it will continue.

I'm "one" of those guys who usually waits outside my local BiMart two days per week on the delivery days. Since January 1st, my local BiMart has (in their words) received 22LR on only three (3) occasions. BiMart, like most other retailers, limits the number of bricks or any ammo customers can purchase. On the one occasion when I was at BiMart when 22LR arrived I shared my purchase with a friend. For the past three weeks, my local BiMart has received very little ammo and for some weeks absolutely none. I was not at BiMart the day they received the 1,400 round 22lr buckets from Remington. Customers were limited to one bucket per customer. I was told the quantity of buckets they received was small and they were all bought-up within minutes.

Pretty much everyone I meet says that don't really want to go shoot up their supplies of ammo because they don't know if they will be able to replenish it.
Same here. The woods around my house have been pretty quiet on the weekends for quite some time, when I normally would hear occasional shooting throughout the day and into the evening.

Perhaps I have perfect timing, or enough calibers to stay happy. Found winchester 7.62x39 today. Only 80 rounds but its brand spanking new brass production. Also purchased 15 slugs. All in all a good day. A huge factor is knowing when andwhere to buy right now, oh sure there are "delivery days".. But they usually don't unpack until later in the day. Also some 24hr places unbox around 10-midnight.. A few friends in the sporting goods department helps. ;)

Yes its in short supply, but one way to look at it is that there are now millions of more armed folks out there, and I'd bet the current administration didn't expect a reaction such as this to their attempted gun grab. The grab was by the public and not the public servants, stick that in your pipe and smoke it Feinstein.

2 weeks ago I was up at 4 Corners in Castle Rock. He had about 6 boxes of .22 LR, 400 rounds per box, nothing special. Price per 400 was $69.99. There were gone on Tuesday when I stopped by.

He also has some 20 round white boxes of .223 Federal that were factory labelled NOT FOR RESALE. Prices was just under $20 per box.

Glad I'm set for a while....

Too bad there isn't a "Dislike" feature.

I think you can "block" me. But, please, don't take away my Christmas. That would break my heart! ;)

Don't buy my ammo if you don't want it. If I had not offered it on the open market, no one would have got any from me.

In fact, by offering it for sale, I am particpating in lowering the price. All of my ammo is from my pre-y2k hord.

Like I said, I was being generous when I offered it here for $5 a box. Deal with it.

I think you can "block" me. But, please, don't take away my Christmas. That would break my heart! ;)

Don't buy my ammo if you don't want it. If I had not offered it on the open market, no one would have got any from me.

In fact, by offering it for sale, I am particpating in lowering the price. All of my ammo is from my pre-y2k hord.

Like I said, I was being generous when I offered it here for $5 a box. Deal with it.

I will keep flagging it on craigslist for you! ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top