Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OK, Really how long is the 22LR shortage going to last ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by STANGBOYTOM, Apr 10, 2013.

1. STANGBOYTOM

STANGBOYTOM WA STATE Member

This seem completely unpresidented, I have not seen ANY 22. on the Shelves this year.:huh:

2. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Scalpers have been buying everything that hits the shelves. Offering it for resale at $50-$100 per brick at shows and online.

3. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Since now I dont shoot much lately I should sell some of my 22 bricks :)

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

June 7th 2014 was the date decided on at the last "they" meeting i went too.

Damn, I dont think I was suppose to share that!

5. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Sucks. My 14 and 12½ year olds want to shoot.

6. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

If there's buyers, there's gonna be sellers. I wonder if there's always been this much speculation in ammo during the last couple scares as I wasn't aware at those times.

7. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The shortage will last until November 2016, the day after a conservative is elected as president.

8. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Until people have no more $$$ to buy what is on the shelf or until they determine that they have "enough" stock piled.

9. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I've recently seen Eley Target on Gunbroker going for about standard Midway prices. This is a fairly spendy ammo at $6 a box, but it is just as spendy regardless of who's president. It is the really cheap stuff that is getting jacked up in price.
    I'm not sure I believe the problem is speculators. I think people are shooting a lot more. You can't have an article in your face every day about guns and not get the urge to go plinking. People have been breaking out the closet queens.

10. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

Until people quit paying 3X what they should in the classifieds section. Once people realize they can't sell a $18 brick for $50 they will quit buying every last brick they see.
    JUST QUICK PAYING CLASSIFIED SECTION PRICES and the prices will come down. Until then who knows???

bill97024, kburr64, Focer and 13 others like this.
  11. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

I agree. I have spent lots of time shooting and modding my 870 since all this bubblegum started. Bird shot is everywhere still, clays are cheap and tactical reloads, slug change overs and skeet shooting are a blast.

12. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

Not too sure about that. Pretty much everyone I meet says that don't really want to go shoot up their supplies of ammo because they don't know if they will be able to replenish it. Majority of people I have talked to all say they are not shooting as much. I know I am shooting less, I want to conserve the reloading components I have because I don't know when I will be able to get more.

13. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

That's how I feel. I have not shot much because I can't replace it if I shoot it up.

14. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

find out when your favorite store gets their shipment, get there when the store opens, wait in line with everyone else, mabye by the time you get to the counter there might be some left. I just waited for almost 2 hours and got a few boxes for a very reasonable price. The line was ridiculous though, glad i got there when i did.

15. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Now when I go to the local range it is easy to get a lane. The wife and I go and spend about 45 minutes aiming at targets and yelling POW! POW! In the black every time!

16. bubbazanetti

bubbazanetti Corvallis Member

It is a time to sell. 2 weeks ago, on Northwestfirearms, I was getting $5 per 50 .22 rounds (one box). At the same time, I put an ad in Craigslist for $10 per 50 rounds. Sold every box.

I didn't have the nerve to offer it here for $10 a box...... people here get so pissy.

Don't buy ammo right now. Sell! Sell! Sell, Mortimer!

17. Scout67

Scout67 Milwaukie Member

Too bad there isn't a "Dislike" feature.

18. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Get a bolt-action .22lr - makes your supply last longer.

19. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

It'll last as long as it lasts!!

20. kburr64

kburr64 Milwaukie, Or. Member

Shortage ? :dunno: You weren't prepared......... :wave: