JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll admit it that I enjoy handguns that shoot POA/POI. My 1911s are dead on in this respect. Blindfolded while standing on one foot in the rain with a strong crosswind and they will reliably hit where I point. No quarrel with muh 1911s at all. However I have two CZ 75s that absolutely do not shoot POA/POI. I was at the range this past weekend and couldn't hit p**p with either of these 2 pistols. No wonder they stay mostly in the safe these days. In a moment of inspiration/desperation while alone on the pistol range I walked out to 3 feet away from the target. I held an absolutely perfect aim and squeezed the trigger. Not totally to my surprise, the POI was about 4 inches BELOW my aim point. Tried it again and it happened again! :confused: Next still at 3 feet I held a ridiculous triangle shaped sight align and pulled the trigger and I hit the bullseye. Wha?!?!?! Both the 75B and the pcr performed this way. :eek: Yes, I have had both of these gun bunnies in 'smithshops before ...but none around OR. I am figuring I need a shorter front sight and/or a taller rear sight. Any ideas? This cannot be a problem limited to just these two weapons. I have messaged Velzy about this. If I cannot find anyone reasonably local who can correct this problem I will consider shippin' them off to Cajun Gunworks as a last resort. :mad: Oh, and no, I don't own a sight pusher and have never felt like I needed one before this. Pops

Get rid of those tiny, low profile stock CZ sights and install a set of LPA
high profile target sights.

This CZ shot about the same as you report at 25 yards so I took a file with me and literally had to file most of the front sight down to raise POI.

New sights were the obvious next step.
IMG_1248 (1).JPG IMG_1173[1].JPG

Last Edited:
I just got an IWI Jericho in 45acp. I put just about 200 rounds through it this past weekend. It hits what you point it at. If you like the CZ's, you will love the Jericho.

IMG_20200314_141356.jpg

I just got an IWI Jericho in 45acp. I put just about 200 rounds through it this past weekend. It hits what you point it at. If you like the CZ's, you will love the Jericho.

View attachment 693451
I can hear wifey now. "Honey, I need a new pistol 'cause it shoots better than the CZs." I'd be sleeping with the hounds for weeks. :s0114: The Jericho does look like a fine shooter!

You can send the slide to Dawson sights and tell them your problem. They will install the correct sights based on what you tell them. If perchance that wasn't what you wanted you send the slide back and they will make it right. .

I can hear wifey now. "Honey, I need a new pistol 'cause it shoots better than the CZs." I'd be sleeping with the hounds for weeks. :s0114: The Jericho does look like a fine shooter!
It was based on the CZ design but it's Israeli built. When I saw that it came in 45 ACP I had to have it. Nothing disappoints with this thing. I'm also looking at IWI's Masada now.

Very interesting. I have a similar issue with an HK USP and an FNS but I understand these two pistols and just live with it. I'm more interested in why both of your CZs do the same thing though. Like if it's just the way that brand has its sights set up and if you shoot both of them for several months without shooting anything else, the issue would disappear?

I have noticed that different sights require different sight pictures. Back in the day Bullseye shooters with 1911's used a 6 o'clock hold and now with the various dot sights it's center of mass hold. With an 8" bullseye that with the same hold would move the point of impact the 4 inches. Maybe not at 3 feet though.

No, I bought the pistol new and had a gun smith install some MeproLite sights on it. I hadn't thought about this.
This is critical info that should have been in the OP.

I have 2 CZ's, a 75B with factory sites and a P01 with Mepro sites. The 75B shoots POA, the P01 requires the triangle sight picture.
:s0108:

Stock sights on my CZ97, and it is pretty close to on. Maybe hits a little higher, but not by much. I also shoot 1911's, and enjoy them.

Yeah I have come to believe this is true. He who will not be named lives in another state and will be getting no more business from me that's for sure. I will get both of them repaired in due time. For now I will "suffer along" with the 1911s. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top