JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there? Sat April 12th, 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM. Please post, in thread, # guests with you.

• Total voters
Thanks for posting the regs, I've not seen those before. We always brought cans and jugs to shoot at (bring them back in trash bags after they are well ventilated). 2 liters of coke are what I was asking about, just carbonated anything is fun to shoot but I'll stick with paper targets for this event =).

I hesitate to volunteer for the range officer position (being that it's my first event with y'all and you do not know me yet). Having said that, I have been taught from a young age to be overly cautious and safe around guns and have taught a few family and friends how to handle them self safely at a range or out in the boonies.

If you are coming up short handed however, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Teaching kids or adults is always rewarding. And safety's priority one for me always.

I was already thinking of bringing some red rope to lay out designated firing lines, anything else that might be handy?

We still need a portable toilet! You know, the camping Porta Potty type. Even if you are not coming, you can still loan one for the day. I can pick it up Thurs or Fri late afternoon (anywhere from Tualatin to Vancouver). I'll provide the tank treatment, clean it real good and deliver it back to you next week. All you have to do is figure out where you stored it!

Thanks,

Bill

Okay, have to give these folks a plug here. I just got home after stopping by 311 Tactical to leave some Stop I-594 flyers there. Tomorrow they told me to come back to the store and they are going to donate targets for this. Be sure to stop in and say thanks when you get a chance everyone.

<broken link removed>

Joe13, I'll count you in. Most of the safety will be keeping our eyes open and then just talking to people if we see a problem.

I gotta give a few Shout-Outs to some folks who are providing all of the things I had asked for. AND THEN SOME! These gracious people are from our Facebook page: Larch MTN Shoot and Work . (Only 1 thing missing are the Marsh mellows. Bummer!)

• Stephen Pierce... Cook Stove, coffee, donuts, and more! Thanks! Narlina Duke, An extra cook stove and coffee pot. Water and ice. Thanks, Narlina! Jason Shafer, a BBQ grill, that's cool! Xlint Neumanatti, Extra propane tanks, Nick Call, Couple dozen more donuts. Never have enough of those! Kendra Zimmerman, Coffee creamer! Way to be thinking! Jim Gilliam, Apples and Oranges, yeah man! 311 Tactical Solutions, Targets! Very cool!
Your contributions are very much appreciated..... [Like] !!!

Bill

So if there is no porta potty to be found before Saturday, do we have a backup plan? Maybe a few 5gal buckets with a hole in a lid and water or whatnot in the bottom (yea gross, but that's the best I've thought of so far), could cover it with a whole lid for transport but I honestly would have no idea what to do with it at that point.

I suppose there are shovels and trees...

Does the DNR not have any trailer mounted porta potties they could bring ? Just asking
I just spoke to Schultz-Clearwater about renting one for a day and if they deliver it it's $325 or we pick up a trailered unit in Tualitin and return to would be $150 . Any ideas ? can be picked up Friday and returned Monday or Sunday .

I think the closest restroom facility may be at Washougal River Mercantile, unless a camp ground site is within reach.

I had asked DNR and they don't provide portable toilets. Renting one is a bit much, since we didn't do any fund raising for this.

If we had a second porta potty and tent, that would be better yet.

Bill

We have a bunch of targets now that 311 Tactical Solutions donated. I'll try to get a picture posted. A variety of different targets though and some are even reversible. I haven't counted them but I think there are somewhere between 30 and 50 targets they gave us. Be sure to stop in there and make it a point to thank them. I have a stack of business cards for everyone as well.

The day is almost upon us. This event marks the beginning of a new working relationship between NorthwestFirearm.com and Washington State Dept. of Natural Resources. We hope it continues in more ways than just cleaning up sites. There are several ways to get involved with the state to work together toward maintaining and developing target shooting areas. A valid and needed outdoor recreational activity. We would like to see that continue. We need your voice to be heard and head to be counted.

Here's a recap of this event and what you can expect…

Sat April 12, 2014. Arrive 9:00 AM till 6:00 PM (plus or minus a couple hours). Show up when you can and leave when you need.

First, we'll meet at a base camp where Steve Rhodes, of DNR, will give a little clean up safety talk, hand out gloves, bags and do a sign in sheet. We'll have a camp fire, coffee and donuts to help wake up. Several shooting sites are close together so we'll start with those first. We'll be leaving the bags of trash next to the road and the correctional facility inmate crews will pick them up the next day or two.

Around noon-ish, we'll break for lunch. Some folks will need to leave early, so, we'll let them do a little shooting at that time. When we feel we're done with the clean up, clear the range and all hell will break loose! It'll be a 'blast'!

This event is open to all. Friends, family and kids.

This may be the shortest route...https://goo.gl/maps/IO2K5

However, you may wish to stop by the Washougal River Mercantile & Gun Repair Shop if you take this route...https://goo.gl/maps/jLreL

GPS Coordinates are.
45.663515, -122.251358

If you go in from the 412th Ave, (after turning off Skye Rd), stay on NE 412th Ave and stay left at the Y of 412 & Skamania Mines Rd, still on 412th. After the pavement runs out, you'll see a bunch on new logging on the right side of the road and we'll be just a few hundred feet up the road from there. I'll have signs pointing the way.

What to bring…

Lunch, water, boots, gloves (DNR will provide gloves if you prefer), rake and shovel would help.

If you're planning to shoot, bring targets, ear plugs, safety glasses and something with a trigger.

Did I forget anything?

I am amazed at the response to this! Thank you,

Bill

Tomorrow's the Day! See you then!

Bill

Okay, have to give these folks a plug here. I just got home after stopping by 311 Tactical to leave some Stop I-594 flyers there. Tomorrow they told me to come back to the store and they are going to donate targets for this. Be sure to stop in and say thanks when you get a chance everyone.

<broken link removed>

Joe13, I'll count you in. Most of the safety will be keeping our eyes open and then just talking to people if we see a problem.

Well crap we should have said hi:D You were on the bike with your wife correct? I was in there picking up a lower I had ordered. I remember you coming in with some flyers to hand out as I was leaving. Funny thing is when I saw you I said to myself you look familiar from somewhere? Who knows:)

Erik is a good guy at 311 I just wish him well it is hard to open up a gun store these days.

Well crap we should have said hi:D You were on the bike with your wife correct? I was in there picking up a lower I had ordered. I remember you coming in with some flyers to hand out as I was leaving. Funny thing is when I saw you I said to myself you look familiar from somewhere? Who knows:)

Erik is a good guy at 311 I just wish him well it is hard to open up a gun store these days.
That would be correct.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads