JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there? Sat April 12th, 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM. Please post, in thread, # guests with you.

• Total voters
I just got a response from WA Dept. of Natural Resources. They have offered all the help we need to clean up outdoor shooting sites. And then some!

My letter to them was to ask if any resources are available to help in our clean up efforts at shooting sites on Larch Mntn, WA. I mentioned that several of us, at NWFA, are not happy with the mess at these sites and we want to do something about it. Their response was; if we organized any shoot-n-work days with a 3 week advanced notice, they will provide disposal, gloves, bags, sanitizer, insurance coverage thru L&I and post our clean up days on their volunteer calender. In addition, we will earn hours towards a free Discover Pass (24 hrs of approved outdoor work, which means about 3 clean up days). As for the bigger items we find, they will remove those once we report their locations.

With that kind of help, what are we waiting for? Spring? Lets get busy!

I need to let her know an approximate number of people planning to work on each clean up day. So check your calender, pack a lunch and bring plenty of water.

Who can make it for a shoot-n-work day on Sat April 12th? This should give them adequate time to prepare if I let them know soon that it's a go.

Let me know and I'll keep the ball rolling with DNR.

Thanks,

Bill
I live in BG and would love to find good place to shoot, sounds like a great opportunity to find spot meet like minded and pay it forward. I have never been there , is there a meet up place for this event?

Nice to see a more organized shooting presence is making it's way into the burn.

For those that are unaware, Mike Ames was and I assume still is affiliated with jones creek trail riders. Of course from what I remember, affiliated would be quite an understatement as I have seen him put in many hours of work and organization for the JCTRA events. To say he is a good steward of our forests would be selling him short.

I live in BG and would love to find good place to shoot, sounds like a great opportunity to find spot meet like minded and pay it forward. I have never been there , is there a meet up place for this event?

Hi, CircleP,

Hope you make it. If so, be sure to cast your vote at the top.

Here's a link to the clean up and meet location:

This may be the shortest route...
<broken link removed> https://goo.gl/maps/IO2K5

However, you may wish to stop by the Washougal River Mercantile & Gun Shop if you take this route...
https://goo.gl/maps/jLreL

For those that are unaware, Mike Ames was and I assume still is affiliated with jones creek trail riders. Of course from what I remember, affiliated would be quite an understatement as I have seen him put in many hours of work and organization for the JCTRA events. To say he is a good steward of our forests would be selling him short.

Nasty,

Yes, Mike is still with JCTR. He is President. He has a real good on-going volunteer program and has been, for many years now, actively involved with Washington State DNR.

Thanks for pointing that out,

Bill

Bill,

Are you the same Bill from JCTRA that bought, built, collected, and rode the old vintage bikes?

Wish I were! That sounds cool! Sorry. Only vintage bike I ever had was a 1948 Harley Hummer 125cc. So cool! They called it "The miniture Hells Angels bike" because of its tear drop tank and saddle seat with springs. In 1st gear, I could out climb any Honda trail 90. Wish I would have realized the value of that ol thing. I tore it up on the ranch when I was a kid.

Bill

Hey, @GunRightsCoalition ,

Your inbox is full so I can't send a Conversation.

I wanted to ask, on your FB page, https://www.facebook.com/events/666638466711602/ could you post about post #60? "We need a couple Extra things..." As we get commitments, I'll post them here so we don't double up. (Except the donuts. I'm sure we'll consume more that what is brought!)

Your help on this event is great! Thanks a bunch!

Bill
I got distracted on this yesterday. Post has been made to the FB event now. Actually I pinned it to the top. I might be able to help with a couple of these. I have a large coffee pot we use when camping for instance. Just noticed someone swiped the bottle off my BBQ on the porch so may not be able to do anything there. I'll take another look when we get some replies and see what is left.

Yo, Helling,

Well, 50 really longgg miles...! Sorry, this is about 11 miles East of Vancouver, WA. to Washougal and up the Washougal River about 20 min's.

I admire your enthusiasm!

You could, however, get a clean up effort started in your area. If you do shooting on public lands, I'm sure there's a mess and I'm sure who ever manages those lands will be likely to close them to target shooting. Pick one out, contact them, post here and get some NWFA Volunteer help! (If it is State Land, I'll send you my contact with WA DNR).

Thanks for your willingness to help,

Bill

Yo, Helling,

Well, 50 really longgg miles...! Sorry, this is about 11 miles East of Vancouver, WA. to Washougal and up the Washougal River about 20 min's.

I admire your enthusiasm!

You could, however, get a clean up effort started in your area. If you do shooting on public lands, I'm sure there's a mess and I'm sure who ever manages those lands will be likely to close them to target shooting. Pick one out, contact them, post here and get some NWFA Volunteer help! (If it is State Land, I'll send you my contact with WA DNR).

Thanks for your willingness to help,

Bill

Bill,
Ah so... Beings I never heard of L Mtn I figured it might not be too close. I don't shoot on public land, as the Custer Sportsman's Club is about five minutes from my house. However, the cleanup thing is a good concept. I'll investigate the possibilities.

Question: Does one need a "Discovery Pass" or some such to shoot on or especially, clean up said public lands?

Dennis

Dwaine,

We're all kids! Aren't we? (Please say yes!)

You can count on it. Especially if they have never shot before. It's fun to give a boy or girl there first opportunity to shot, learn a little about guns and grown up responsibilities. Don't even need a gun. There will be plenty there.

Hope you can make it!

Bill

Dwaine,

We're all kids! Aren't we? (Please say yes!)

You can count on it. Especially if they have never shot before. It's fun to give a boy or girl there first opportunity to shot, learn a little about guns and grown up responsibilities. Don't even need a gun. There will be plenty there.

Hope you can make it!

Bill
Thank you. See everyone on the 12th!

One week to go! We now have close to 50 people! Wow!

I'll be posting a recap of this event, soon. Will try to wrap it all up in one post. It will also list what to bring, what to expect, map link, ect...

Looking forward to a great and positive time!

Bill

Commander,

No pass needed for this clean up. WA state will provide free Day Pass permits. Any other day, you would normally need one. Washington calls it Discover Pass.

Welcome to come!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews