JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How easy is it to get an appointment with a legislator, and how much time do they typically give you? Perhaps you can quickly describe the process and your experience to-date, how you prepared, what transpired in the meeting, tips, etc. This would be good info for others contemplating this route.

It's pretty easy to get an appointment, just call their office and they'll get you scheduled. If course, how busy their schedule is will influence how soon that meeting can happen. Meetings are 15 minutes, but you might be able to get more if you ask.

FYI: For those upset with the NRA. I attended the NRA-ILA grass roots workshop in Eugene last night. Eugene is Oregon's second largest city with a population of over 170,000 people.
37 people bothered to show up. The NRA was there, for you. I learned that the NRA does in fact have a smart, well informed, engaged representative that is present in the Oregon Capitol, every day, networking for us.
She is asking us to call:
Senator Lee Beyer
503-986-1706
[email protected]

Be respectful, relate how SB978 may affect you personally.
She thinks Beyer is somewhat reasonable and is retiring soon. 37??

FYI: For those upset with the NRA. I attended the NRA-ILA grass roots workshop in Eugene last night. Eugene is Oregon's second largest city with a population of over 170,000 people.
37 people bothered to show up. The NRA was there, for you. I learned that the NRA does in fact have a smart, well informed, engaged representative that is present in the Oregon Capitol, every day, networking for us.
Senator Lee Beyer
503-986-1706
[email protected]

I just spoke with @LethalLovebird who met with Sen. Beyer yesterday. He also said Sen. Beyer's constituents need to contact him. He thinks Sen. Beyer will be more responsive to his constituents but I would encourage all Oregonian's to at least write him. This is great advice for letters: "Be respectful, relate how SB978 may affect you personally."

We may be running out of time on this bill. @LethalLovebird spoke with Sen. Prozanski this morning and he said they have watered down the bill some. The bill is currently in the Legislative Council Office getting polished up before heading to the Rules Committee where it will likely get a hearing (no testimony is what I have heard). Some the amendments may include more language describing drop off and pick up areas, grandfathering some untraceable firearms up to 2002, some areas around firearm storage like considering your vehicle as a container, and maybe a few other areas. The call quality was not good, hopefully @LethalLovebird will comment on this info later tonight or tomorrow. He was on the run.

Last Edited:
Senator Lee Beyer
503-986-1706
[email protected]

Engagement is a problem with our side. There was less than two dozen at Capitol yesterday. Organization is another problem.

I just spoke with @LethalLovebird who met with Sen. Beyer yesterday. He also said Sen. Beyer's constituents need to contact him. He thinks Sen. Beyer will be more responsive to his constituents but I would encourage all Oregonian's to at least write him. This is great advice for letters: "Be respectful, relate how SB978 may affect you personally."

We may be running out of time on this bill. @LethalLovebird spoke with Sen. Prozanski this morning and he said they have watered down the bill some. The bill is currently in the Legislative Council Office get polished up before heading to the Rules Committee where it will likely get a hearing (no testimony is what I have heard). Some the amendments may include more language describing drop off and pick up areas, grandfathering some untraceable firearms up to 2002, some areas around firearm storage like considering your vehicle as a container, and maybe a few other areas. The call quality was not good, hopefully @LethalLovebird will comment on this info later tonight or tomorrow. He was on the run.
Thank you for sharing the information!!

Best form a plan for non-compliance ...organized or otherwise. Duluth Trading.
Noncompliance is for those who don't want to put in the work to stop this. You're are actually advocating law abiding citizens behave like criminals. Not a good move.

Noncompliance is for those who don't want to put in the work to stop this. You're are actually advocating law abiding citizens behave like criminals. Not a good move.
Disagree. Threats of non-compliance are also a valid form of pushing back on bad legislation. Is "we will not comply" not one of Oregon Push Back's main slogans? What are Second Amendment protection ordinances? I'm sure legislators must fear going too far and losing authority when everyone is ignoring their laws.

Disagree. Threats of non-compliance are also a valid form of pushing back on bad legislation. Is "we will not comply" not one of Oregon Push Back's main slogans? What are Second Amendment protection ordinances? I'm sure legislators must fear going too far and losing authority when everyone is ignoring their laws.
Lazy persons activism, dare them to pass it and they will.

I would say they are all pieces of the puzzle. And the do not comply part is necessary. I do think it can be used as a crutch where some will just decide they won't comply and call it a day. If you are not going to comply let the legislators know it and often. That is obviously the path OregonPushBack has taken. Nobody can accuse them of not doing the work.

Again, it's one form, but should not be the only one. Your's should be the preferred method: meeting with legislators, attending hearings. I thank you for your hard work and hope it pays off.
I really appreciate your support. As it stands it's becoming really watered down because of all those that helped make their voices heard.

Senator Lee Beyer
503-986-1706
[email protected]

Thanks for the heads up.

2018 election results including "by district". Does not include votes for governor "by district", but as @arakboss has pointed out before, that number should be similar to the total votes "by district". Need to get our voter participation rates WAY up.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/statistics/november-2018-statistical-summary.pdf
I am thinking recall effort will be a waste of resources. The election will be here before we know it and if we help District 5 out they should be able to easily get rid of him. This bill is going to go to committee and get a hearing soon, weeks if not days. I don't think we would have time to get a recall off the ground before this bill hits committee. I emailed some people in Coos county last night and have heard back from exactly zero so doesn't seem to be a lot of local interest over there.

Right now the cheapest and probably best thing we can do is wake up his district from their slumber. We need to get them to write in and say what that heck is up with you making a commitment to mostly metro based antis at your constituents expense.

Lazy persons activism, dare them to pass it and they will.
I'm sorry, I disagree...

Look at the monumental effort it has taken to water this down, just the slightest. It's the legislature that has no respect for the citizenry. Jamming legislation down the throats of law abiding citizens and turning them into felons is in no way indicative of respect.

Those who keep submitting to their taskmasters will soon receive what they deserve...

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he has a moral obligation to do so. - Thomas Jefferson

So whataya gonna do when all this bubblegum becomes law no matter what outnumbered patriots do? Obey the unconstitutional "proclamations"? Anyone who does is a fool....as are the brain dead liberal gun owners who keep voting Democrat. I'll bet you follow all their "loophole/common sense" crap they pass every year to the letter. Get a pair.

... Something else to think about is, if every vote in committee had to be along party lines of the majority and minority what's the point of having it. The committee is there to get up close and personal with the bills and they should know the bills better than the floor assy. The committee shouldn't be a rubber stamp event. ....

That was such a great point.

I am thinking recall effort will be a waste of resources. The election will be here before we know it and if we help District 5 out they should be able to easily get rid of him. This bill is going to go to committee and get a hearing soon, weeks if not days. I don't think we would have time to get a recall off the ground before this bill hits committee. I emailed some people in Coos county last night and have heard back from exactly zero so doesn't seem to be a lot of local interest over there.

Right now the cheapest and probably best thing we can do is wake up his district from their slumber. We need to get them to write in and say what that heck is up with you making a commitment to mostly metro based antis at your constituents expense.
Makes good sense...put some brain power into finding some decent candidates to run instead. Would be great to go after Prozanski as well. He's a constant common denominator with this crap.
On the National scene, the Dems took a lot of house seats by running moderates. I don't see why that couldn't hold true for state races in solid Dem country. I think there has to be a segment of them that might prefer hands off the BOR for a platform starter, which is way better than we have now. I expect I'm getting off topic though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top